www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Uncharted (Series) (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=200524)

johnanonymouz 27-09-19 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux (Post 8129991)

Uncharted 4 was a little better, although having said that I don't care for them shoehorning Sam in so unnaturally.

sam is one of the most unlikable characters ive ever came across in a video game..........

Yeauxleaux 28-09-19 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrustyBow (Post 8134601)
Lol just end the movie already. Nobody wants this.

I would not be shocked at all if it flopped.

Converting a game that pretty much already plays like a movie into a movie, with a lead actor who simply does NOT embody the character he's supposed to be playing in any sense? It's going to flop.

Quote:

Sorry for the late reply. I'm just seeing this but I agree with a lot of your points.

As much as I love the series, I'm still a bit surprised that its as universally praised as it is. The stories are entertaining but they also play off of a lot of action movie tropes. Nothing about the plot is ever really surprising. Whenever people say Uncharted has some of the best writing, I'm like "Hwhat?"

U1 in all fairness seemed to be a bit more self aware. It came across as more of a homage than the other titles.
Hindsight is 20/20 I guess. I can see why people got caught up in the glamour of it at the time, I did myself. Graphically the games are beautiful and were breathtaking for the era. I think it's always the graphics and awesome attention to detail that ND put into that which carries their games. Take that away and it's a decent (nothing groundbreaking, but enjoyable) storyline and mediocre as hell gameplay. I can't see the games aging well because of this; graphics age, amazing gameplay and storylines do not age.

The Last of Us had much better story writing than the Uncharted games I think, but even there the gameplay was tbh even less fun.

ND suck at engaging, fun gameplay. That said I think that's an industry-wide problem right now. everyone wants to be so cinematic in their games, not letting you just play for more than 30 seconds without some story-advancing cutscene taking control away. That's a major issue in Reboot Tomb Raider as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnanonymouz (Post 8134624)
sam is one of the most unlikable characters ive ever came across in a video game..........

He is so damn flat, I can't.

Also his hair bugs me. If you've got a hairline that receded, cmon now, you can't be growing it out like it's supposed to look like something.

johnanonymouz 25-10-19 19:01

I wanna go for all the treasures in the lost legacy cause it's my favorite uncharted game but i dont have the energy to go through all the action..........

Athukraz 25-10-19 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnanonymouz (Post 8143987)
I wanna go for all the treasures in the lost legacy cause it's my favorite uncharted game but i dont have the energy to go through all the action..........

It's the game with the least amount of action

johnanonymouz 25-10-19 19:35

it's still a lot for me.......i wish i could just go back and search

johnanonymouz 26-10-19 16:58

stealth in the lost legacy impresses me and irks me at the same time. you have to be so calculated and scan whole areas and read patterns which can be fun cause it allows you to be strategic and take your time but i kill someone and someone thats on a tower far away sees me like........so annoying

Zsott 13-12-19 22:11