www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

ArigatoGozymas 01-04-18 23:43

I gotta say that the first Shadow of the Tomb Raider render is the best thing I've ever seen from the reboot trilogy, so far. Like this is coming from someone who doesn't really like much about the reboot, whether it's Lara herself, the gameplay or the atmosphere or anything related to it. In my imaginary world, this render would have Tomb Raider: Underworld Lara's face on it with some expression, showing her teeth and how tough she is. That would've be HANDS-DOWN THE BEST TOMB RAIDER KEY ART EVER!

WWETombRaider 01-04-18 23:44

To be fair, the axe does look pretty large and heavy. Probably doesn't make jumping from ledge to ledge easy.

kiersaint 01-04-18 23:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickybyrne20 (Post 7848085)
You really don't like the axes, do you? :vlol: I quite like them, I just wish they were symmetrical on either side, or somewhere else altogether. The red is quite a vibrant colour, I wish the were metallic, and obviously adding wear and tear would further dull down the colour.

That being said, I still like the idea of it being Lara's main melee weapon, and climbing essential.

I don't like! I want Lara to be free climbing and use her hands or a knife/machete for melee although I will admit that perhaps I would prefer them if they weren't dangling on her side like that. If they were in some kind of holsters on either leg like the duals were (if we're not getting them) but my ideal situation would be to not have them at all!

iWANEX 01-04-18 23:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWETombRaider (Post 7848088)
To be fair, the axe does look pretty large and heavy. Probably doesn't make jumping from ledge to ledge easy.

I also noticed this. They look huge, but maybe it's just the render.

jajay119 01-04-18 23:54

I do feel like they're going to feel out of place again in this game. They suited Rise cause it was in Siberia so lots of ice. But it's not suited to general rock climbing.

I do really feel Lara should be able to free climb by now; I mean surely she should have been honing her skills and training to improve herself. She's that type of character but CD never seem to write it in.

AntRaidsTombs 02-04-18 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by iWANEX (Post 7848094)
I also noticed this. They look huge, but maybe it's just the render.

I think it's just the render

just*raidin*tomb 02-04-18 03:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by jajay119 (Post 7848095)
I do feel like they're going to feel out of place again in this game. They suited Rise cause it was in Siberia so lots of ice. But it's not suited to general rock climbing.

I do really feel Lara should be able to free climb by now; I mean surely she should have been honing her skills and training to improve herself. She's that type of character but CD never seem to write it in.

What do you mean by free climb? There are some surfaces that not even Lara can traverse so why not let her keep the axes and use them for that? Also they look really cool and are great for combat. In the 2013 game there was hardly any ice and she uses one. Plus i love the tactical feeling of it. Its almost like having a grab button.

CrowdedToaster 02-04-18 04:14

Y'all do know how large ice axes actually are, right? They're pretty long in real life...

If you look at pictures of ice axes they are quite long. Take a look at the Rebel Ice Axe, which is the same axe CD used to model Lara's axes. They're pretty long. Also consider that Lara is only about 5 ft. 6 in., so the ice axes will look especially long in the render due to Lara being the only other relational/comparable figure for the human brain to comprehend scaling the ice axe's actual dimensions

Grizzly Bear 02-04-18 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by jajay119 (Post 7848095)

I just hope climbing arrows don't return, they replaced the axes in the last part of Rise and I didn't like them.

Princess_Paige 02-04-18 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArigatoGozymas (Post 7848087)
I gotta say that the first Shadow of the Tomb Raider render is the best thing I've ever seen from the reboot trilogy, so far. Like this is coming from someone who doesn't really like much about the reboot, whether it's Lara herself, the gameplay or the atmosphere or anything related to it. In my imaginary world, this render would have Tomb Raider: Underworld Lara's face on it with some expression, showing her teeth and how tough she is. That would've be HANDS-DOWN THE BEST TOMB RAIDER KEY ART EVER!

So you’d want everything to be realistic with a cartoonish face? Underworld Lara was the worst looking Lara