www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Mickybyrne20 20-08-18 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aikon (Post 7953391)
I don't see what's wrong with reboot Lara, anatomically.
And I struggle to see the big rib cage as well, she even looks pretty small to me.
:confused:

They're talking about Shadow Lara, not Rise

AlexyLC 20-08-18 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanosCroft (Post 7953379)
Imo LAU Lara is the most attractive Lara including Underworld, she's stunning in all 3 games along with last gen reboot Lara

Same! Maybe because she reminds me of Angelina in LAU :p
For me rebooted Lara is very beautiful but I agree that they could have made her more similar to how Lara was always portrayed (voluptuous lips for instance) as a matter of her physical identity...

Vaskito 20-08-18 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickybyrne20 (Post 7953393)
They're talking about Shadow Lara, not Rise

Shadow Lara is the same Lara as Rise, with a slightly buffed build

kiersaint 20-08-18 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess_Paige (Post 7953388)
@Kiersaint Yeah we definitely prefer different looks. Being a woman myself, I much prefer the girl next door look than the vixen look. Thatís why I think reboot Lara is prettier, sheís much more plain looking which I like.
Iíve always imagined modern Lara looking like Paige from Charmed,
https://i.imgur.com/9znUCvU.jpg

Mate you get points just for mentioning Charmed. It's my favourite series!

I think Paige is cute quite vixenesque also! Not Lara for me though, her tone and colouring is all off for me and her eyes just aren't right for Lara. I'll get back to you on a real life person I can see as a version of Lara if I can think of one

Yeauxleaux 20-08-18 11:40

@ALexyLC I agree, she just looks like a completely different person now, on top of all the other changes to her personality and characterisation. I get wanting to "desexualise" her and everything, but there's just not a great deal of consistency left in their features with the extent of the changes made.

She was olive-skinned, tall and leggy, had prominent "full" facial features and was supposed to be exceptionally attractive. Even if dialled down to a more realistic level, those features should have translated over into reboot Lara for the sake of consistency. In the initial 2013 game on PS3 she straight-up looked like Taylor Swift in a brown wig, blue eyes and everything.

Aikon 20-08-18 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickybyrne20 (Post 7953393)
They're talking about Shadow Lara, not Rise

I know, but isn't the model basically the same?

Vaskito 20-08-18 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux (Post 7953401)
She was olive-skinned, tall and leggy, had prominent "full" facial features and was supposed to be exceptionally attractive. Even if dialled down to a more realistic level, those features should have translated over into reboot Lara for the sake of consistency.

Not, if the reboot was made with a completely different version of Lara. The version CD has envisioned

WWETombRaider 20-08-18 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanosCroft (Post 7953379)
Imo LAU Lara is the most attractive Lara including Underworld, she's stunning in all 3 games along with last gen reboot Lara

I loved her model in Legend and Anniversary was pretty alright, but her Underworld one didn't do it for me. They should've kept the early model of Underworld Lara. Would've been a lot better IMO.

Princess_Paige 20-08-18 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiersaint (Post 7953398)
Mate you get points just for mentioning Charmed. It's my favourite series!

I think Paige is cute quite vixenesque also! Not Lara for me though, her tone and colouring is all off for me and her eyes just aren't right for Lara. I'll get back to you on a real life person I can see as a version of Lara if I can think of one

Charmed is my fave too!!
Idk I still think Paige’s looks are quite fitting for Lara, being pale is perfect imo because Lara is British. I’ve always thought that they should model Lara after Paige haha
https://i.imgur.com/mtpvSfh.jpg

Daft Raider 20-08-18 12:43

Man, some of you get so triggered when Reboot Laura is criticized, you can’t even for a second try and see where we’re coming from. :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aikon (Post 7953391)
I don't see what's wrong with reboot Lara, anatomically.
And I struggle to see the big rib cage as well, she even looks pretty small to me.
:confused:


https://image.ibb.co/bVW0Xe/dan_roar...2015_07_11.jpg

I’m actually glad you posted this picture, I’m sure the same people will just say “I don’t see it!! :confused:” and dismiss it like usual but this picture shows what we’re talking about, her torso is really slim here, compare that to her model in the blue top outfit (the pic on the left, not the edited version. The edit I did is the only picture I have on hand while on mobile) you can really see how wide and boxy her torso is, it’s mostly only noticeable from a few angles, but still an odd design choice.

https://i.imgur.com/xHyS4Wu.jpg


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:33.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.