www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Athukraz 11-09-18 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by amiro1989 (Post 7973196)

I mean for god sake's, these people who purchased the Croft Edition paid the equivalent of two freaking games.

Exactly. Could have gotten Standard 60 and upcoming Life is Strange 2 40 at the end of the month but instead many of us chose Croft Edition

MuhaBagci 11-09-18 23:35

Weird question but did anyone receive a dynamic design for their PS4 in the UE/CE? Cause I downloaded the Croft Edition stuff but there's no sign of a design.

coolaideonfire 11-09-18 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nausinous (Post 7973186)
No it isnt, 48 hours is midnight 12th to midnight 14th.

I'd say that's what's implied by the promise of playing 48 hours before everyone else, and certainly what I expected, but it is technically true that if the game unlocks at 9am PST / 5pm BST tomorrow for us, and then unlocks 9am PST / 5pm BST on Friday for everyone else it is still 48 hours early access - at least for PC players. Unfortunately, it looks like the consoles are able to play at midnight(?) and some physical pre-orders are already available for collection (although they're probably locked as they'll probably require Steam activation?) so it begins to feel like you're at a disadvantage for playing on PC.

Oh well. Look forward to unlocking the game and diving in tomorrow at 5pm.

amiro1989 11-09-18 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuhaBagci (Post 7973206)
Weird question but did anyone receive a dynamic design for their PS4 in the UE/CE? Cause I downloaded the Croft Edition stuff but there's no sign of a design.

Oh lord, hopefully that's not another issue...

I wonder who's the project manager attached to the roll out of the game, yikes.

Legends 11-09-18 23:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baratheon (Post 7973202)
Yes. However, sometimes developers do set up specific midnight releases (that are local time based).

I didn't know that. I kind of assumed it was always a midnight release and according to local time zones. There is no reason why it shouldn't release at midnight in my mind, but maybe that's too much to ask for as a common standard in the industry.

Isaac 11-09-18 23:40

A midnight release open the door to people using VPN for earlier releases, which is against Steam's ToU.

I mean, it's pretty much harmless and petty, but I wouldn't be surprised if major releases were met with certain constraints. It would explain the simultaneous release.

Vaskito 11-09-18 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac (Post 7973215)
A midnight release open the door to people using VPN for earlier releases, which is against Steam's ToS.

I mean, it's pretty much harmless and petty, but I wouldn't be surprised if major releases were met with certain constraints. It would explain the simultaneous release.

I am an apologist for local midnight release, but I do get your point. It makes sense

Baratheon 11-09-18 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legends (Post 7973212)
I didn't know that. I kind of assumed it was always a midnight release and according to local time zones. There is no reason why it shouldn't release at midnight in my mind, but maybe that's too much to ask for as a common standard in the industry.

It's just what Steam does. It's to make sure games follow their ToS. It's honestly kind of common knowledge. :o

Edit: what Issac said! ^

Nausinous 11-09-18 23:42

Apologies for my outburst.

I had a **** day. Feel like crying. What can you do.

Sorry.

Athukraz 11-09-18 23:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nausinous (Post 7973219)
Apologies for my outburst.

I had a **** day. Feel like crying. What can you do.

Sorry.

No need to apologize for sharing your feelings about this. It's human and it's not dramatic. You see it all the time with studying, you tell all your friends you have to study instead of studying. It's pretty much the same thing