www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Arts and Entertainment (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   The General Sailor Moon Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=156755)

Atlantisfreak666 08-08-09 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by rowanlim (Post 3906218)
^That's a wise choice :D

You'd see how the anime is SO lacking! At least the characters look the same. Remember in the 1st season when Rei was attracted to Mamoru? That never happened in the manga!

But I suppose the anime had a good run, I never finished watching coz they stopped airing it in Malaysia after Sailormoon R :pi:

Really? Heh, I didn't like that little storyline anyway. Usagi is supposed to be with Mamoru.

rowanlim 08-08-09 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlantisfreak666 (Post 3906245)
Really? Heh, I didn't like that little storyline anyway. Usagi is supposed to be with Mamoru.

Yah, it was NEVER in the manga. I felt betrayed (coz I read the manga before I watched the anime) :pi:

Wow all this emotions spurting out of nowhere! You brought out the lonely Sailormoon fan in me! :D

Atlantisfreak666 08-08-09 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by rowanlim (Post 3906240)
This begs the question to SM fans: who is your favorite Sailor? :D

My favorite is Sailor Pluto, but somehow I love drawing Sailor Neptune :D

My favorite Sailor is either Sailor Mercury or Jupiter.

Thanks for the PM, rowanlim.
:D

Yuna´s Wish 08-08-09 19:16

When I was younger, my favourite sailor was Sailor Jupiter, Makoto. I loved her strength and her appearance. Having rewatched all the episodes in youtube a couple of years ago (Youtube hurts your eyes, it´s not quite advisable, heh) I must say it´s Sailor Moon, Usagi. All her words and actions got much deeper into me when I was older :tmb:

rowanlim 08-08-09 19:16

No prob (bout the PM), I'm glad I found someone to share it with! :D

The manga is awesome, Naoko inserts cute messages & little bunnies...Sigh :D

EDIT:

@Yuna: Yeah one of the best part of the series is Usagi's transformation from a clumsy teen into a woman assuming her power & place as protector & princess, & eventually, queen :tmb:

Yuna´s Wish 08-08-09 19:21

^ Oh, definitely. It took her a millennia, but she got to do it :p

I liked the manga...but I was unable to appreciate the love and friendship that the anime version exerted. Even in the final arcs I couldn´t appreciate how devastated Sailor Moon should have been with all her friends dying one by one. On the other hand, the sailors´ deaths in the anime have always shown a traumatised Usagi (especially in the first season, with Usagi´s eyes going blank while sitting on the ice and watching Rei and the others die).

rowanlim 08-08-09 19:29

I didn't see the anime after Sailor moon R (they stopped airing it in Malaysia then), so I'm not sure how the story was like. Though I believe towards the end, Naoko did express her disappointment but would not stand in the producers' way if the fans are still okay with the anime. I can't find the exact quote for what I highlighted in bold, but this quote also mentions her disappointment:

Quote:

In the manga, they (Sailor Neptune & Sailor Uranus) are simply women disguised as men, and rumor has it that Takeuchi was not happy with the choice to make them bi-gendered for the anime

Eleana 08-08-09 19:35

Love for this thread! :D

My favourite was Rei all growing up, but I have new found love for Usagi.

Didn't Mixx publish the English version of the manga? I'm sure you can buy it online if anyone hasn't read it. :hug:

The english dub was terrible as a rule, but I enjoyed the anime all the same. (Perhaps there were a few too many fillers)

PGSM was cute too. Not as much substence, but enjoyable enough to watch.

rowanlim 08-08-09 19:37

I read the Malay version (Malay is the national language here), then the publishers stopped selling it :( I only own volume 8, 11 & 18, I read the rest via a friend (borrowed her volumes).

My favorite part of reading the manga was perusing through the posters & trying to draw 'em out. Fun times :tmb:

Eleana 08-08-09 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by rowanlim (Post 3906276)
I didn't see the anime after Sailor moon R (they stopped airing it in Malaysia then), so I'm not sure how the story was like. Though I believe towards the end, Naoko did express her disappointment but would not stand in the producers' way if the fans are still okay with the anime. I can't find the exact quote for what I highlighted in bold, but this quote also mentions her disappointment:

I thought she said this about the Sailor Starlights? I could be wrong, I'm such a rusted moonie. I remember also reading that the anime had a more male influence because most of the staff were male. The Manga is alot more elegant and delicate. :)