www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

WWETombRaider 19-08-18 20:11

^ I thought it included physical releases as well that ship earlier? :confused:

MissJodieG 19-08-18 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimaldi (Post 7952981)
Probably a stupid question, but is it for definite that the 42 hour early access is digital only? Ive held off on pre-ordering the Croft Edition because my internet would take centuries to download Shadow.

No, Ive pre-ordered from Amazon Germany and theyll deliver on the 12th.

Rai 19-08-18 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimaldi (Post 7952981)
Probably a stupid question, but is it for definite that the 42 hour early access is digital only? Ive held off on pre-ordering the Croft Edition because my internet would take centuries to download Shadow.

I pre ordered at a Game store and they were certain the disc version will also be available. I'm prepared to walk in on the 12th for my copy.

kathrynnn 19-08-18 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWETombRaider (Post 7952979)

Burn the heretics!

forgive me for I have sinned

thomas.smith.503 19-08-18 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by iWANEX (Post 7952973)
I pre-ordered it on Amazon but Ive been thinking about cancelling that and pre-order it on the PS store. That way I get to play 2 days in advance at midnight.

I won't preorder with Amazon again. I pre-ordered Kingdom Come: Deliverance and they only started preparing to ship on the day of release. Groan.

Emix 19-08-18 20:17

Yeah, recently many ppl are having problems with Amazon pre-orders...

Grimaldi 19-08-18 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissJodieG (Post 7952984)
No, Ive pre-ordered from Amazon Germany and theyll deliver on the 12th.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 7952986)
I pre ordered at a Game store and they were certain the disc version will also be available. I'm prepared to walk in on the 12th for my copy.

Oh, nice one! Thanks. :hug:

MissJodieG 19-08-18 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomas.smith.503 (Post 7952989)
I won't preorder with Amazon again. I pre-ordered Kingdom Come: Deliverance and they only started preparing to ship on the day of release. Groan.

Amazon has never disappointed me, both the Reboot and the 20th anniversary edition of Rise even came a day earlier.

VictorXD 19-08-18 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugalraider (Post 7952961)
True, but she still was jumping and pushing stuff and running around with an untreated wound. She would easily bleed out and die, even if no vital organs were injured. It was too much for me.

Indeed, it could have been handled a bit better. I try to brush that off with the fact the ingame time is much shorter than real life, so there are lots of things we don't see Lara doing or she does stuff faster for gameplay reasons. So in my headcannon Lara has had time to rest and tend to the wound properly later (probably at the base camp).

Quote:

As for the sexualisation, it probably wasn't their intention, but it can be easily be seen as "you should protect Lara because she is a woman and woman need to be protected". Of course that doesn't mean she shouldn't get injured, but how you use those injuries in a narrative way can be problematic.
Indeed. It wasn't their intention, but it can easily be perceived are such and I think there are lot of other stuff in the media that can suffer this same problem.

Nausinous 19-08-18 21:28

I'm going to pre order this game on the 6th of September and then it will probably be rice and beans for 2 weeks.

Also Lara had access to fire and metal at the time she received that rebar through the abdomen, I don't know why she didn't cauterize it then, the adrenaline would of deadened the pain a bit. She instead decides to wade through dirty water that's probably had human remains dissolve into it. You also have to put up with the spastic leg up animation which I imagine is extremely painful. All I can think is that they rushed this game to market, because there were some seriously poor writing and development choices. Imagine if Pratchett had been allowed to tell the story as she intended? If only.