www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Ellioft 05-02-19 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamayoo (Post 8037935)
Oh I have the sentiment that TRU, AOD and maybe TRA and TR5 had less combat ? :ponder:

I was about to say the same thing :D
It's really obvious in Chronicles TR A and AOD :)

TR5 : 72 : In Chronicles you play almost the entire game in empty places without ennemies.

TR6 : 117 : There's not a lot of encounters either.

TRA : 201 : They have reduced the number because in TR it was 294.

Athukraz 05-02-19 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by thlenoir (Post 8037937)
I agree with you, there are TR games with less combats, but people like to complain about Shadow ;)

Not true, replay your classics.

I replayed them more than I can remember and I was thinking of theese whole games before my post, it's just how I see it. TRA didn't have humans, but it had enough mummies and animals just like TR1. TR5 had the VCI and Russia and TRU really lacked it too, maybe just as much as Shadow on second thought. But there were those Thralls and TRU had level replay unlike Shadow

Chamayoo 05-02-19 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athukraz (Post 8037936)
No, shadow has the least amount. It's just the difference between 2000s and 2018 combat and the way it works that gives this illusion

Maybe because there are several sections with combat/stealth only (Kuwaq Yaku, oil field, San Juan farms, the very end...) and still less puzzles than combat in the main path (thanks the optional and DLC contents to exist haha). While in the old games there is a lot of enemies but very scattered, no arenas.

thlenoir 05-02-19 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athukraz (Post 8037941)
But there were those Thralls and TRU had level replay unlike Shadow

TRU did not have level replay, only saves...

Athukraz 05-02-19 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by thlenoir (Post 8037944)

I know there was a treasure hunter mode, I was thinking of that. Never played treasure mode so idk if it's just revisiting the level or actually replaying it

Chamayoo 05-02-19 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by thlenoir (Post 8037944)

Yeah, it was a weird way to replay chapters of the game. There is also another sort of post game replay, but with no cutscenes, enemies and music, all already solved, as if Lara really revisited all the places after her adventure is finished.
EDIT : Treasure hunter mode, that is the name indeed. :)

thlenoir 05-02-19 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamayoo (Post 8037947)
Yeah, it was a weird way to replay chapters of the game. There is also another sort of post game replay, but with no cutscenes, enemies and music, all already solved, as if Lara really revisited all the places after her adventure is finished.
EDIT : Treasure hunter mode, that is the name indeed. :)

Yeah it was strange, only to pick up the last bonus without replaying the puzzle and combats, it wasn't very fun :p
It was better to save at the begining of every level and replay them.

johnanonymouz 05-02-19 23:17

idk if its mentioned but shadow is part of the xbox game pass this month

Ellioft 05-02-19 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamayoo (Post 8037942)
Maybe because there are several sections with combat/stealth only (Oil field, San Juan farms, the very end...) and still less puzzles than combat in the main path (thanks the optional and DLC contents to exist haha). While in the old games there is a lot of enemies but very scattered, no arenas.

You're correct but if you failed the stealth there's automatically more combat no ? :ponder:

So maybe the lack of combat is an illusion created by the fact the ennemies can be taken down silently and quickly.

charmedangelin 05-02-19 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft (Post 8037938)
I think Shadow would definitely be among the games with the least amount of combat, but I don't think it takes the top spot in that regard. :ponder:

Only other game that didn't have that much combat in the franchise would be AOD.

That's the only other game in the franchise that had such little combat.

EDIT

Although I'd have to replay AOD again to give a true impression of it.