www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Level Editor (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Create a Classic Competition 2019 (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=223038)

dcw123 02-07-19 23:05

I could do a TR4 or TRC level, but somehow I don't think they feel 'classic' enough compared to TR1-3 .. is that just me?

I could always just use a TR3 Lara skin and then TR4 models/TGA but that might look a little odd.
What do you guys think?

Failing that I might just go ahead and make TR2's floating islands anyway regardless..

GameGlitcher77 03-07-19 06:44

TR1 Castle

A TR1 engine level with a gothic castle theme

Any texts from TR1-5 and the Golds that would make a convincing castle theme

Dustie 03-07-19 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcw123 (Post 8106331)
I could do a TR4 or TRC level, but somehow I don't think they feel 'classic' enough compared to TR1-3 .. is that just me?

I could always just use a TR3 Lara skin and then TR4 models/TGA but that might look a little odd.
What do you guys think?

Failing that I might just go ahead and make TR2's floating islands anyway regardless..

I think all TR1-5 should feel classic enough, as long as you stick to the simplistic Core esthetic. Somehow TR1-3 Lara will feel more authentic in TR1-3 environments and TR4/5 in TR4/5 environments, but I think mixing assets across games is part of the fun here. Just keep it visually coherent, adjust object and texture colors, etc.

bigfoot 03-07-19 11:28

For me I have started an underwater level with a mix of coastal and cleopal wads & textures in a sunken egyptian or greek city. I have always liked various sunken city like Thonis Heracleion in Egypt or Helike in Greece :) . You can class my level by "underwater" if you want.

sampiza 03-07-19 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baslakor (Post 8106323)
That surely narrows it down. :vlol:

Lol, i mean specifically Karnak theme levels. :D

LOTRKingluis 03-07-19 14:41

Ok ive decided, yes Im in!

TR5 Chronicles Rome level

"All Roads Lead To Rome"

dishmush 03-07-19 16:00

I'm in!

TR5 Ireland :D I will have to figure out the theme and story once I finish with my base level.

Teone 03-07-19 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by dishmush (Post 8106500)
TR5 Ireland :D I will have to figure out the theme and story once I finish with my base level.

Oooh good! I was hoping someone would choose this theme. In the previous competition the game by Mordyga was one of my favourites. I love the creepy black isle :eek:

Tombraider95 03-07-19 17:24

If it was a 20x20x20 or One Room Challenge, I probably would have entered, but I don't have enough time to build another level at the moment :cry: Maybe next time! Looking forward to seeing what people build though!

dcw123 03-07-19 18:24

OK so my original idea fell through, I suck at building open areas..
So I'm gonna make something simplier - something with mainly interior areas

Don't really feel like TR4 levels are 'classic' but I'm going for a Lost Library themed level - no exteriors so should be easier for someone like me LOL
I liked a lot of the beta stuff, so might do something along those lines.