www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Level Editor (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Create a Classic Competition 2019 (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=223038)

AgentXP 27-10-19 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinne (Post 8144388)
I'll submit it too, probably the very last day :o

Cool, it's useful to know who is still planning to submit! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topixtor (Post 8144417)
Clearly mine will be delayed unfortunately... however, the important thing for me was the creative "boost" this competition gave to make me touch the editor more often than once per month :p

Here is, I guess, the last WIP screen: it's a kind of place you probably wouldn't think to find in a Monastery level...

https://i.imgur.com/ICvwTIW.jpg?1

@Topixtor that's very nice, and different, I do hope you still finish it :tmb:

CheshireBitch 27-10-19 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baslakor (Post 8144427)
It really depends on your Theme TBC theme Cheshire, because so far EVERY builder has a different setting, which is an amazing coincidence! :D

My theme is TR5, Rome ! ;)

@Dinne, SrDanielPonces : Can't wait !! :jmp:

@Topixtor : Really cool idea !!

tombraiderxii 28-10-19 01:18

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...53/unknown.png

ESCachuli 28-10-19 08:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by tombraiderxii (Post 8144571)
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/567822942071685130/638174023322304553/unknown.png

Wow, awesome title screen

dcw123 28-10-19 13:02

Phew... OK so updated to the T.E 1.2.8 (I was scared incase it broke the project, but its totally fine)

And now I have all the sounds fixed in the click of a button ^^)

I had to manually add all my placed SFX's again and need to tweak the values so the range is lower, but apart from that, I'd say my level is about 99% done.
Almost time to send off

noonbob 28-10-19 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by loreraider (Post 8144377)
my level is... Submitted :d

Yes!!

dinne 28-10-19 14:17

I will need someone to test my finished/polished level on Discord with a streamed longplay for the 30th or 31th. :) I need to see if some parts are intuitive, or too hidden, and where the player goes first (it's non-linear often), when it gets frustrating etc. I just need to see the game experience.
I did this already with ChocolateFan around 1 week ago, now after all the fixes I need someone that never played it. (No need to speak in case you don't feel to, just the screen shared is ok, + chat).
I advise this level is -long-, we'll take around 4 hours if I don't give instant-advices (and I shouldn't give them) and there are a lot of enemies, that react a bit faster than normal.
Pm me :p

noonbob 28-10-19 14:50

So when will the levels be available to download?

AgentXP 28-10-19 16:31

Hopefully sometime over next weekend :) Michael will need a bit of time to do his part too, there are at least 15 levels to host! :)
I will post a new voting thread once all the entries in, and will include all the level links once they are hosted.

OverRaider 28-10-19 18:03

https://i.imgur.com/jvPFJ7D.jpg

-Roli- 28-10-19 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverRaider (Post 8144732)

Holy cow! :cln::yik:

dinne 28-10-19 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverRaider (Post 8144732)

O_O great, we all feel the need.

Titak 28-10-19 20:34

Looking awesome, OverRaider! :tmb:

tombraiderxii 29-10-19 07:55

SrDanielPonces made a lovely Lara animation from that static pose I initially had, and it's so pretty omg

Titak 29-10-19 09:26

Oh, lovely! :tmb:

AgentXP 29-10-19 18:03

Title screen is looking very cool :tmb: :D

Also very nice work @OverRaider :tmb: is this an entry that you're hoping to submit by the 31st? :)

dcw123 29-10-19 18:45

Wow hehe.. all these amazing levels make mine look like ****

I'm just not overly confident and still learning a lot - I need to practice the editor and hone my skills in building..
I'll get there.
Tomb Editor has definitely given me a boost. I wanna make more classic themed levels.
My level is done - just one of two very small cosmetic issues I want to try and solve before I send it, but its 99%.

Sadly moving to a newer version of T.E fixed some things, but also broke others..
A collapsing floor (TR1 style block) now has slightly altered sounds, but its not the end of the world..

noonbob 29-10-19 19:03

Cute :3 SrDanielPonces's talent and creativity shining yet again :hug:
Why can't I be this talented.

matrix54 29-10-19 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by noonbob (Post 8145029)
Cute :3 SrDanielPonces's talent and creativity shining yet again :hug:
Why can't I be this talented.

Aspire for greatness and dare to achieve it.

noonbob 29-10-19 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by matrix54 (Post 8145049)
Aspire for greatness and dare to achieve it.

Honey, your Battle Arena Level is legendary! Have you created a level?

AgentXP 30-10-19 18:18

Note for submissions

If you forgot something from your package, feel free to add it, but please add it to your level ZIP package yourself, and re-send me the download link for the level again. I’m sending Michael the level download links that you have sent me. :)

Too many people are asking me to add random files all over the place, it's getting messy :admles:

LOTRKingluis 30-10-19 18:37

Hello!!

My level name is "Chronicles Memories - All Roads Lead To Rome"

It's because Im making a series of Chronicles Trles! 😄

dinne 31-10-19 11:00

I'll publish my level on the deadline before midnight! :D
• Title: The Russian Base • Category: Base/Lab • Difficulty: Hard / non-linear / a lot of combat with empowered enemies (read the Readme) • Time: Very long • Walkthrough: Yes, very basic main directives

These are probably my screenshots I'll attach with the file :)
1 2 3 4 5

Tomb Raidering 31-10-19 12:02

^
Nice screenies... :tmb: Seems like there’s going to be some motorcycle puzzles... :D

Would you mind sharing a wad containing your Russian Camo Lara? There’s one version on the net but it’s rather buggy (some meshes flicker with the older ones, I don’t know how to properly extract objects from Chronicles...)

dinne 31-10-19 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering (Post 8145603)
^
Nice screenies... :tmb: Seems like there’s going to be some motorcycle puzzles... :D

Would you mind sharing a wad containing your Russian Camo Lara? There’s one version on the net but it’s rather buggy (some meshes flicker with the older ones, I don’t know how to properly extract objects from Chronicles...)

Sure, I will! I'd have just to check that the custom animations are in the right official slots (not granted, I messed with that a bit).
This is TR4 Lara with TRC meshes, so it's fully working. :)

_TombExplorer_ 31-10-19 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinne (Post 8145591)
• Title: The Russian Base • Category: Base/Lab • Difficulty: Hard / non-linear / a lot of combat with empowered enemies (read the Readme) • Time: Very long • Walkthrough: Yes, very basic main directives

1 2 3 4 5

Love them :D especially the last screeny :p

Stryke 31-10-19 15:36

Can't wait to play your Russian level. Love TRC

CheshireBitch 31-10-19 15:40

@Dinne : I love the screenshots ! Can’t wait to play it ! :jmp:

I will also be interested if you’re sharing your wads ! :)

AgentXP 31-10-19 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinne (Post 8145591)

1 2 3 4 5

You need to please send me the level ZIP, I will be sending the level download links to trle.net to be published all at the same time.

SrDanielPonces 31-10-19 22:54

... and since levels will be submitted tomorrow morning (and hopefully published the same day) ...

I think it's time to expose my level's title screen, since some other people have been doing the same!

Although the beta testing phase was a complete nightmare and I wanted to explode the whole project, making the level itself was so much fun. I learned a lot of new TRNG features (such as fragmented triggers and variables), which helped me improve as a level builder. I've dedicated so much on this level by adding new gameplay mechanics, designing the level's flow, making unique puzzles (at least for me!) as well as making many cutscenes I've never had done in a single project.

And most of all, I wanna thank AgentXP for hosting this competition, because without it, this project would never exist :tmb:

I really hope everyone that plays this enjoys it!
I've tested some other levels and I've got to say, this is going to be one hell of a competition!!

btw @noonbob thank you for your nice words!

Topixtor 31-10-19 23:21

Can't wait to play all this awesomeness :D
Also, I hope other builders like me will publish the level anyway even if not in time for the contest :)

dinne 31-10-19 23:38

Thanks to everyone!!! :D
Unexpected hype c: I hope it will be justified by the game. ;)

Craig Michaels 01-11-19 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces (Post 8145734)
... and since levels will be submitted tomorrow morning (and hopefully published the same day) ...

I think it's time to expose my level's title screen, since some other people have

Great title sequence! Really like the way the beginning uses the camera to play with perspective so much that you don’t really know which way is up. The second area reminds me of your ORC!

SrDanielPonces 01-11-19 14:30

It's actually the ORC, to remind the player what happened since Hostile Waters is its sequel :)

SrDanielPonces 01-11-19 17:08

Any news about the levels??

TombRaiderTim 01-11-19 17:47

Give it two or three days to give Michael a chance to get them uploaded. Hopefully we all have quite the active Christmas in terms of TRLE this year around.

AgentXP 01-11-19 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim (Post 8145906)
Give it two or three days to give Michael a chance to get them uploaded. Hopefully we all have quite the active Christmas in terms of TRLE this year around.

Quite, there are 18 levels for him to upload, so it may take him a bit of time! Hopefully we should see the live links sometime over the weekend. :)

I have prepared the voting thread, so once the links are live, I will add them all.

DaroRaider 01-11-19 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topixtor (Post 8145741)
Can't wait to play all this awesomeness :D
Also, I hope other builders like me will publish the level anyway even if not in time for the contest :)

I hope the same, too. :D
Meanwhile, we will have lot of projects to play around!

Titak 01-11-19 19:15

18 levels! :jmp:
Wow! So many people managed to get their levels finished in time!

TombRaiderTim 01-11-19 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titak (Post 8145937)
18 levels! :jmp:
Wow! So many people managed to get their levels finished in time!

MOA Part 2 now please? ;) Kidding aside, i'm sure your game is coming along wonderful Titak, looking back at the screenshots. 18 levels, it will definatley keep me busy for sometime. :D