www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Level Editor (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Create a Classic Competition 2019 (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=223038)

dcw123 12-11-19 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces (Post 8151298)
Nope, not aware of this issue. What happens when you get into the crawlspace is the screen fades in, teleports Lara and fades out. Shouldn't interest with the camera...

Maybe it is a bug with the automatic FOV plugin???

I love all these cool little tricks in your level Daniel.

One issue I am having at the moment though (seems to be a Tomb Editor issue, but not 100% sure)
Lara simply won't grab a ledge which is above her... I've had this happen on other levels for this competition too - where she will bump her head etc when she shouldn't.

I made sure Lara is aligned on the rock in the corner, I even stepped back and jumped and jumped, over and over.. but she won't grab - even though she clearly can reach the edge..

https://i.imgur.com/lBcd6B4.jpg

LoreRaider 12-11-19 15:59

^that's because the height between the lower floor and the ledge is higher than 7 clicks, and it's also sloped iirc, so that's normal :)

dcw123 12-11-19 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoreRaider (Post 8151315)
^that's because the height between the lower floor and the ledge is higher than 7 clicks, and it's also sloped iirc, so that's normal :)

Hmmm.... not sure you're correct sorry.
I know what height Lara can reach (7 high)

The slope she stands on slopes upwards by 2 clicks (meaning 9 clicks high turns into 7 - she should be able to grab here at the highest point)
Maybe its an NGLE or TRLE thing - not sure.. but almost positive in any TR game she'd be able to reach here.
Maybe she isn't meant to I dunno - not using a walkthrough and just assumed it was somewhere she could go - I'm missing the Uzis and remember seeing some through a window somewhere.. hmm

EDIT: Reloaded the save and tried again, she did make it up there - and there were items, so she was meant to reach after all.
Managed to reach the 'doorway' to a cave on the left leading to some boiler room - but now I'm not sure if I've done something in reverse/unintended route. Gonna save and explore the lower levels and see whats around there.

OK so apparently this ''may'' have been an unintended shortcut. It means I've missed out the nearby caves for some items according to YT.
Least I know I haven't broken the level by doing something silly lol

OverRaider 12-11-19 17:34

Right folks so firstly I want to appologize for reviewing CaC levels as it triggered the unnecessary dramatic chain reaction when I reviewed Lost Library but I just wanted to take a part in voting and share my experience here as well as share my thoughts and opinion. Now secondly, since there was a disagreeable respond from the author's side as well as disagreeable opinions on this level from other people, then allow me to provide a more detailed and in-depth review as to why I rated it as I did because I stand by it.

Well as you could notice I am not that easily impressed and it is not likely I will award 10's for anything. This little game simply doesn't provide any real experience nor challenge as the gameplay here is all about opening doors to pass through areas to pick up puzzle items or pulling the levers. Tough there are some approaches like pushing pushable object where the textures literally lead the way where to push it or a jumpswitch which activates raising blocks right next to it and traps like chains and one spinning wheel. There are some shatterable obejcts containing items though but this is literally all there is to it. Everthing feels pretty purposeless, enemies being rather annoying than exciting as bats striking in the darkest places force to throw a flare everytime to be able to draw the weapon, quite a bunch of skeletons to lure to the nearest pit to shoot them off the ledge, small scorpions in vases or fire wraith to extinguish in a next room pool. Felt very random and boring, felt like it is there just to be there because it can be there? Atmosphere also did not convince me as it absolutely did not feel like a lost library to me. It is pretty much very far from lost library from TR4 where we can feel the ghostly presence throughoout the whole level and mysterious spirit in each area not to mention the hidden rooms which only add to the mysteriosity and those amazing puzzles such as planet pushable or star fire puzzle. This level however felt like clean empty abandoned building with some annoying appearances. The atmosphere did not immerse me at all and gameplay did not help to it either even secrets, which are very easy of course, are of no help at all, if at least it contained crosbow with explosive ammos that at least would be good against those skeletons. Regarding sounds there is proper background audio chosen though still did not help to create the mystic atmosphere and one or two audio tracks which did not convince me for the effect it tried to tell either. There is apart one or two fixed cameras no camera work either, no cinematic camera experience with fly-by cameras and no useful cameras either, just those fixed cameras that were rather annoying than helpful. There is of course some effort visible in indoor areas creation. It is not complex or breathtaking but it is pretty much good and classic, it is well textured and lit though not overly impressive, even some placeholder textures are left or some strange choice of textures in some places but otherwise it looks ok overall. Lighting is good in most places though quite a few rooms have weird strong light sources without explanation, while some rooms are pretty dark. It's ok overall though. Some objects are enhanced but for me it did not help to add anyhting to the experience at all to be honest. The whole level felt uninspired and uneventuful, pretty boring and unrewarding, no surprising moments nor any sign of creativity...

I now withdraw myself from the voting and wish luck to every participant. I want to thank to all involved in Cac and am happy to see so many levels because all this is what keeps the trle world alive ;)

Good bye...

klona 12-11-19 17:57

Don't feel unwelcome from voting just because a some people disagreed with your honest review.
Honestly, I agree with all of your points and I think the review was very respectful.

MarlenaCrystal 12-11-19 18:00

I guess, there is some love needed here. ;)

I played your levelset, @Reggie and also your Lost Library, @dcw123.

Reggie, your levelset was phenomenal and unique, I think I never had an experience like this in a Custom Level before.
Absolutely "amazong"! :D
Let alone the artistic design choice with the TR3 and comic-style atmosphere was very coherent and fitting after all.
The whole thing, the storytelling and with all the guns and explosions felt like a game or a movie with cliches and the feel of "too much", but in a positive way!
Unfortunately some of the large areas looked a bit too wallpapered like and empty and it's really sad, cause you proved that you can do sooo much better, especially in the starting area!
Nevertheless the storytelling is progressing very well and there were so many cool easter eggs and tense moments.
You've put so much work into all these edited objects and textures and it was absolutely worth it.
I could understand if someone might not like your levelset, the TR community sometimes seems to be very strict if it comes to new ideas and different "unknown" ways in gameplay design, but there definitely should be more brave people who dare this step into new directions. It was a fun game after all! Thank you for this. :)

https://abload.de/img/amazonstatisticsnbk0c.png

PS: the flamethrower boss could have been a little bit weaker, I first thought he wasn't killable at all.^^'

dcw123, I enjoyed your level, too! It was short, yes, but the overall atmosphere was very close to TR4 and absolutely coherent.
I personally loved the cave areas and everything that was "damaged" inside the building, cause it looked so natural. You did a very good job on the room design.
Unfortunately there was not a lot of gameplay in it, but a simple and linear gameplay doesn't have to be bad, I just thought you could have done so much more with the good looking enviroment. For example the water flooding room with the big gears looked so good, but the puzzle for it was rather simple and there could have be a lot more to do to power up all the engines. That room reminded me a little bit of Amnesia 1 and 2, with all these big engines.. Very cool after all. :)
Please keep up the good work and take your time for gameplay ideas and stuff. :)
For me it's also difficult to implement gameplay, so you are not alone with that.^^

https://abload.de/img/lostlibrarysatisticsjajna.png

Btw, I played almost every of the CaC levels now, I will write a review for each on trle.net and also a personal review to every builder, if I haven't done it yet. Not everyone is on the discord server, but I really want to give constructive feedback to everyone who attempted on CaC. :)

Mulf 12-11-19 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverRaider (Post 8151352)
I now withdraw myself from the voting

Aw, come on. Simply giving in is not a promising way of dealing with toddlers' temper tantrums, and it would be dispiriting to see a certain subset of builders known as prone to throwing hissy fits succeed in scaring off reviewers whenever their levels are not being praised to the high heavens.

SrDanielPonces 12-11-19 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcw123 (Post 8151310)
I love all these cool little tricks in your level Daniel.

One issue I am having at the moment though (seems to be a Tomb Editor issue, but not 100% sure)
Lara simply won't grab a ledge which is above her... I've had this happen on other levels for this competition too - where she will bump her head etc when she shouldn't.

I made sure Lara is aligned on the rock in the corner, I even stepped back and jumped and jumped, over and over.. but she won't grab - even though she clearly can reach the edge..

[img]https://i.imgur.com/lBcd6B4.jpg[img]

You can't grab it because you are not supposed to grab it. Look for another way up :)

dcw123 12-11-19 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces (Post 8151380)
You can't grab it because you are not supposed to grab it. Look for another way up :)

I found the ''proper'' way the 2nd time around hehe

I actually got Lara up here the way I went - shortcut hehe .. for some reason she just grabbed it when I loaded my save back up..

Nearly at 2 hours playtime haha - loving the level and all its cute cutscenes and new gameplay mechanics!!
Just solved the engine room to get the key - that was a nice touch!

I'm interested as to how you pulled off most of these, although I can guess at a few. The 'new' half steps were awesome - using bridges, right?

dcw123 12-11-19 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mulf (Post 8151376)
Aw, come on. Simply giving in is not a promising way of dealing with toddlers' temper tantrums, and it would be dispiriting to see a certain subset of builders known as prone to throwing hissy fits succeed in scaring off reviewers whenever their levels are not being praised to the high heavens.

I'm really hoping this is not aimed at me.. because the earlier review was definitely in bad taste - in the way it was originally worded.

If you go to TRLE.net and read other reviews - I totally agree with every point.. heck I knew I wouldn't get amazing marks.. I knew my level was short and too easy etc - I designed it as such due to time constraints.

Not my intention to drag all this back up again and start anything - but I feel this needs to be said.
There is a difference between honest and downright rude.

In fact @OverRaider - your second review actually sounds even ruder and worse than your first one...
I mean, jeez..
I honestly don't know what to even say - other reviewers speak for themselves..

Sure my level was short - I know.
But to say it felt nothing like Lost Library? Are you blind? Did you even play TR4???
Ehh I've had enough of this nonsense..
Honestly, I think you should withdraw if THATS how you're gonna review levels (and I'm not the only person you've done it to either)
I was going to be nice, until I started reading further into your new post

So now I'm gonna pick apart everything you've just said in a ''constructive'' manner and show you just how childish you sound.

"gameplay here is all about opening doors to pass through areas to pick up puzzle items or pulling the levers"
Erm.. have you ever played a TR level before in your life? This is kind of how they work .. as have most other levels in this comp.

"Atmosphere also did not convince me as it absolutely did not feel like a lost library to me. It is pretty much very far from lost library from TR4"

Are you suuuure we're talking about the same game here? Jesus Christ...

"no useful cameras either, just those fixed cameras that were rather annoying than helpful."
I think you'll find these are, again, how TR does things..
I'm not sure, but I assume you mean the balcony fixed cameras? TR4 had them - it was to prevent the camera clipping through the pillars and was in the TR4 levels too.
As for the 'opening doors cameras' - I've played levels before where there is no camera at all and you're left running around an entire level looking for what the level did.. so again utter rubbish you are spouting.

"few rooms have weird strong light sources without explanation, while some rooms are pretty dark"
Again .. go and play TR4's Lost Library and the beta demo - you'll see

And on your note about texturing - I've also played several levels here who have some texture mishaps and some rather glaring ones at that.
Yet you seem to massively target my level which (to my knowledge and others) was textures pretty damn well apart from one missing texture in a section most players won't even see anyway..

Yeah I'm sorry.. I'm not having this. Mods do as you wish..
How people can sit there and defend this nonsense it beyond me.
There is being honest about flaws in a level .. sure - but this takes the cake.. its just flat out rude.
I'm chalking it down to either young age or someone where English isn't their native language.

I know what others have said and I stand by those reviews I've seen so... yeah whatever, who cares at the end of the day about one persons opinion. Cause thats all it is.. an opinion (just a shame they had to be so blatant and public about it)

(Aaaaand I just noticed I double posted.. sorry)

klona 12-11-19 19:12

Hmm...
https://i.imgur.com/CfCwMbn.jpg

dcw123 12-11-19 19:17

*shrugs*

I'd love to see how some of ya'll would react to a massively disrespectful review like that.

I can take criticism - I welcomed the reviews gladly and I wasn't expecting much other than average marks..

But to give a level 3 or 4 when it clearly is not - is just bedlam.
As if it was a level built by the infamous Cain or something

All this BS from one single person and its really making me question some people on this forum.... how they can even defend these things..
This is the last you're all gonna hear on the matter - I'm not gonna continue this conversation and sour this thread any further with this childishness.

Really surprised nobody said anything regarding the matter either - glad to know at least some people on this forum know how to write an honest, clear review with legit reasons for their saying so.

Joey79100 12-11-19 20:06

Rude would be something more like "it sucks" or "you suck". Here everything is explained, it's a bit harsh but not disrespectful.

Also I haven't played your game so I can't judge, but:
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcw123 (Post 8151396)
"gameplay here is all about opening doors to pass through areas to pick up puzzle items or pulling the levers"
Erm.. have you ever played a TR level before in your life? This is kind of how they work .. as have most other levels in this comp.

That's in fact really annoying. When it's only that, without any sense of doing something bigger, or having to think, it's just annoying. You find a pickup, you put it in its hole, and repeat. Or you find a switch, pull it and continue. And 99% of TRLE games only have this as a gameplay. Core's puzzles were essentially made of that, it's true, but it was disguised as something, for example finding some cogs to complete a full cog setup, a detonator to blow up a cave, etc. So it was entertaining, cause even if it was the same principle, it felt new. And everytime, but mostly in TR1 and TR4, they tried to make puzzles where it was more than that, where you had to think about what you were doing, to do it right. They tried making new things. TRLE games, on the other hand, usually only rely on existing mechanics, in a simplified version, so you end up with having to find a well hidden item, put it wherever it fits, and it magically opens a door. Even if there is no sign of a mechanism or anything. And same story with switches: you have to go somewhere to find a well hidden switch so it can open a door in a place with absolutely no visible connection just so you can move forward. This is just annoying, because it doesn't even feel like the builder is trying to make it look like it's part of something. It's just a world made up for the players to spend their time in running around, making hard jumps, and occasionally keep their Action key down with guns drawn to eliminate occasional dumb enemies that you can just avoid by, again, jumping around. It's hardly something you can call "gameplay", especially when that simplified formula has been reused and abused so much over the years.
So, I repeat, I haven't played your game yet, but if that's all you have to do in it, then yes, the gameplay has nothing interesting.

dcw123 12-11-19 20:20

^ I was kind of being ironic when I said that.. I totally get what you are saying - but as you say.. every level in existence boils down to that formula.

Those who have played me level (while it wasn't shown via some fancy cutscene or flyby) did have a main puzzle which intended to by dynamic. You just had to use your imagination..
I wanted to do way more with the cogs etc (something like TRC's Rome) but I just ran out of time and had to do what I did instead.

The idea is Lara opens a floodgate/door in a cistern which allows water to flow into the connecting room (indicated by textures in the room)
This water eventually funnels into another room (which Lara revisits) showing the water... cogs turning, traps now activated.. doors opened..
She basically turned everything on.
I think thats a little more thought than just, throw a switch and open a door.

But yes, my main criticism I've taken from this is to lengthen my levels and maybe add some more gameplay (which I could have done)
I sort of had TR1's Caves or TR2's Great Wall in mind when I made this level - (and some of it was directly from the Beta TR4 demo also)

So yeah, it wasn't full of death defying pixel perfect times jumps and traps - thats not what I was going for.. and therefore it should NOT be judged as such just because its an easy raid..

I'm not even gonna post anymore in this thread - this is winding me up no end.
Dunno whether its best to just review via TRLE.net and then post my final scores for the top 5 (or top 3) winners here for my vote?
Or should I review each level as I play them as others have done..

Letsmakeghost 12-11-19 20:30

@Dcw123 I am very new to all of this TRLE but I really enjoyed your level. I could never make anything even half as good. You should be very proud of it.

dcw123 12-11-19 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Letsmakeghost (Post 8151444)
@Dcw123 I am very new to all of this TRLE but I really enjoyed your level. I could never make anything even half as good. You should be very proud of it.

Thank you.. and yes - regardless of what other people may think - I am proud of it because I know I tried my best (with my current skill level) my best that I could.
I'm also glad that I managed to fix this level and fully complete it (something thats been an issue in the past)

On a lighter note..
Just finished SirDanielPonces level and it totally blew me away (pun intended)
Loved all the custom touches and ideas and even some cool little easter eggs with the music :p
I'm embarrassed to say my overall runtime was like 2 hours 40 but I did enjoy exploring everywhere I could and simply admiring the level.

All Tomb Raider out for today, next level tomorrow after I get home from work :)

Reggie 12-11-19 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarlenaCrystal (Post 8151368)
I guess, there is some love needed here. ;)

I played your levelset, @Reggie and also your Lost Library, @dcw123.

Reggie, your levelset was phenomenal and unique, I think I never had an experience like this in a Custom Level before.
Absolutely "amazong"! :D
Let alone the artistic design choice with the TR3 and comic-style atmosphere was very coherent and fitting after all.
The whole thing, the storytelling and with all the guns and explosions felt like a game or a movie with cliches and the feel of "too much", but in a positive way!
Unfortunately some of the large areas looked a bit too wallpapered like and empty and it's really sad, cause you proved that you can do sooo much better, especially in the starting area!
Nevertheless the storytelling is progressing very well and there were so many cool easter eggs and tense moments.
You've put so much work into all these edited objects and textures and it was absolutely worth it.
I could understand if someone might not like your levelset, the TR community sometimes seems to be very strict if it comes to new ideas and different "unknown" ways in gameplay design, but there definitely should be more brave people who dare this step into new directions. It was a fun game after all! Thank you for this. :)

[IMG]https://abload.de/img/amazonstatisticsnbk0c.png[IMG]

PS: the flamethrower boss could have been a little bit weaker, I first thought he wasn't killable at all.^^'

Thanks, that was a nice review! I agree with you that certain areas were a bit wallpapered. I made so many transitions but didn't leave myself enough time with all the customisation to properly implement the assets that had been created. I'm glad I was able to pull it all together in time for the deadline and even more so when I get feedback like that.

In terms of scoring, I mainly just hope that the score for this eventually improves on my debut level but we'll see!

MarlenaCrystal 12-11-19 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcw123 (Post 8151463)
Thank you.. and yes - regardless of what other people may think - I am proud of it because I know I tried my best (with my current skill level) my best that I could.
I'm also glad that I managed to fix this level and fully complete it (something thats been an issue in the past)

You seemed to overread my positive feedback from today. I enjoyed your level, too. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reggie (Post 8151466)
Thanks, that was a nice review! I agree with you that certain areas were a bit wallpapered. I made so many transitions but didn't leave myself enough time with all the customisation to properly implement the assets that had been created. I'm glad I was able to pull it all together in time for the deadline and even more so when I get feedback like that.

In terms of scoring, I mainly just hope that the score for this eventually improves on my debut level but we'll see!

You're welcome! It was a really enjoyable levelset and if you would have had more time, then it would might have been even better. :)

Teone 13-11-19 12:31

The Pyramid of Horus by Sabatu
https://i.imgur.com/V0GEV36.jpg

TR4 Egypt is one of my favourite set of the whole serie, so yes... I enjoyed this level very much.

Hostile Waters by SrDanielPonce
https://i.imgur.com/wDRdK0Q.jpg

I'd be surprised if this game doesn't win.
BTW Daniel, I sent you a PM yesterday but got no answer. Did you receive it?

mtyler87 13-11-19 17:29

Hi all, I'm a long time lurker of this forum and a big fan. I don't usually post because I'm not all that social, but I felt your response (@dcw123) to OverRaider was very unfair and rude!

I get that you're upset because you've put a lot of effort into your level and the reviewer didn't 'get' your level as you intended, but this is just his/her opinion which he/she had the right too and I saw no malice in what they wrote, just their honestly opinion. I feel the issue is how you perceived it and took personal offence where I believe no offence was intended.

You will always get someone who doesn't 'get' your work, but it doesn't mean you should attack them or get upset enough to let it ruin your day.
I haven't tried your level so I can't give my opinion, but no matter how well made something it, you'll always get someone who didn't care much for it or perhaps just insult your work for no reason other than spite (I don't believe this is the case here).

I feel it's good to get un-bias reviews from someone and I respect OverRaider's honest in their reviews.

SrDanielPonces 13-11-19 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teone (Post 8151696)
Hostile Waters by SrDanielPonce
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/wDRdK0Q.jpg[IMG]

I'd be surprised if this game doesn't win.
BTW Daniel, I sent you a PM yesterday but got no answer. Did you receive it?

I was postponing answering some PMs until I had some more time, but I just answered :)
Thank you! :hug:

Patrick star 13-11-19 19:01

Just finished Puna's Revenge and HOLY CRAP as amazing as the Pacific section of TR3 actually is this level is a hundred times better than it ! it's one magical level and literally perfect in every single category , one of the best TR-related creations I've ever played .

@LoreRaider thank you so much for the great time your marvelous creation have given me <3 I don't even feel I need to play what's left of the levels in this competition to decide who's my personal winner :tmb:

dcw123 13-11-19 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick star (Post 8151787)
Just finished Puna's Revenge and HOLY CRAP as amazing as the Pacific section of TR3 actually is this level is a hundred times better than it ! it's one magical level and literally perfect in every single category , one of the best TR-related creations I've ever played .

@LoreRaider thank you so much for the great time your marvelous creation have given me <3 I don't even feel I need to play what's left of the levels in this competition to decide who's my personal winner :tmb:

I can't wait to play this one.. mainly coz of the nighttime setting.

It's refreshing to see a level with a completely different tone (like how Venice totally changes when its nighttime in TR2)
Like.. imagine Floating Islands, but in the daytime with a beautiful sun etc - it would lose all its spookiness.. but would also look beautiful.
Hey - that might just gimme an idea for my next level (taking forward critique)
Ironically I wanted to do a TR2 floating islands level for this comp, but since the flying statues wouldn't work in trle I didn't do it in the end.. kinda wish I had now but oh well

JMN 13-11-19 20:35

I'm currently locked in this room with only pistol ammo left and no medipacks. How do I dispose of them? Think I picked up everything before this.

http://i.imgur.com/GrE6bAAl.png

SrDanielPonces 13-11-19 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick star (Post 8151787)

Lore's is definitely a very good entry, but you can't judge based off of only this one. There are many other great entries that you're missing lol
Honestly this was quite offensive to all the other 17 builders that gave their best too.

klona 13-11-19 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMN (Post 8151821)
I'm currently locked in this room with only pistol ammo left and no medipacks. How do I dispose of them? Think I picked up everything before this.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/GrE6bAAl.png[img]

There should be a door on your right when you enter that room. Try to lure them in there.
Hopefully you're using something other than pistols.

JMN 13-11-19 20:52

Tried that, but they all come rushing in together. Only have pistol ammo left. I know I'm not good with combat, but this feels impossible!

EDIT: Nvm, found something to dismember them with. :)

CroftManiac05 14-11-19 12:43

Just finished Chronicles Memories - All Roads lead to Rome by LOTRkingluis

https://i.postimg.cc/NGZ5Y5Fs/ld867cj.png

I loved every minute of the urban exploration. The level design and texturing is very solid and the atmosphere is reminiscent of TR5 Rome. I liked how well the original cutscenes with Larson and Pierre are blended here. Good job! :tmb:

sampiza 14-11-19 13:57

I played most of the levels and I'm really impressed! Really great levels so far. I already knew from the beginning that my level wouldn't be good like some but like other competitions that I entered I want to gain more experience to make better projects that I've been thinking and this challenges are really helping me. :)

dcw123 14-11-19 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by sampiza (Post 8152033)
I played most of the levels and I'm really impressed! Really great levels so far. I already knew from the beginning that my level wouldn't be good like some but like other competitions that I entered I want to gain more experience to make better projects that I've been thinking and this challenges are really helping me. :)

Exactly how I feel.. its good practice and fun to do - and if other players enjoy your level, then thats an added bonus.
Definitely wanna build more now I'm getting used to TombEditor

EDIT: Puna's Revenge keeps crashing to desktop whenever I try and shoot - why is this happening :(
I remember another level a while ago did the same thing..
Anyone guess whats causing it and how I can fix it

I REEEAALLY wanna play this level

ultraXgiotr99 14-11-19 20:05

Finish Russian Base

https://i.imgur.com/fsgrR6L.jpg

try to use 0 medikit but I fail with the jump fire with bike in the second level :D
Dinne this your first level is very interesting, I like hard challenge with a lot of enemies this is one of the best I have seen :D
Maybe someone will succeed in 0 medikit challenge...I use only a small one :D
Great second secret and great game:jmp:

marla_biggs 14-11-19 20:42

I had a good time with Legacy of the Scion (1hr27, 2/4 secrets). The platforming was excellent.

dcw123 15-11-19 16:27

Anyone else having issues with LoreRaiders Puna's Revenge?
Crashes whenever Lara fires her guns and I dunno why...

I don't want to vote if it means I can't play everyones levels - thats not fair on others..
And I'll miss out on playing this awesome level - watching it on YT isn't gonna cut it for me, wanna experience it for myself

Craig Michaels 16-11-19 02:30

Halfway done! 9 levels down, 9 to go.

Teone 16-11-19 13:29

Played 14 levels until now, and I feel in a trouble because I really don't know who vote for. :admles: There are much more than 5 levels which deserve to be ranked.
Anyway I no longer post single statistics. I'll post a panoramic collage like the one by JMN when finished.

bekim 16-11-19 14:35

Ive only played Hostile Waters and damn, everything feels organic and well done. It really felt like a classic and I didnt want it to end. The tiny cutscenes is what gave it. It really felt like a proper narrative :jmp:

You have set the bar high for yourself now :tea: :hug: @SrDaniel

Craig Michaels 17-11-19 03:57

I'm having trouble playing Legacy of the Scion.

When I launch the game, the window it appears in is tiny and vertical (less than an inch high and a fraction of an inch wide in the upper left hand of my screen).

I've never experienced this before: is this a known bug?

croftyboy 17-11-19 06:19

@Craig Michaels

I don't know how common this is but I've had the same problem with other TRLE's in the past. Maybe you can try chaging the resolution from the setup settings. I believe it says "press ctrl key for setup" when you launch the game. Quickly press ctrl when that appears, then you can change the resolution.

Craig Michaels 17-11-19 07:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by croftyboy (Post 8152570)
@Craig Michaels

I don't know how common this is but I've had the same problem with other TRLE's in the past. Maybe you can try chaging the resolution from the setup settings. I believe it says "press ctrl key for setup" when you launch the game. Quickly press ctrl when that appears, then you can change the resolution.

Thanks! That worked!

By the way, I enjoyed playing Green Adventure, and think the first wide open area was really pretty.

croftyboy 17-11-19 07:59

Thank you. For some reason I am not really good at building closed off/claustrophobic spaces like the Jungle of TR3(especially the second level of the game).
At the beginning I tried making the jungle very limited, dark and claustrophobic. But I didn't like how it looked and went with my inner voice, making it lighted, wide and somewhat explorable.

Thankfully I got very little amount of harsh comments, I am not a professional level builder and some of the other participants are very very good at TRLE. Some people forgot that and judged as if I am equally talented. And some people, even if they didn't like the overall game, gave credits to the aspects they've liked. So it is generally liked. Most of the people who reviewed on TRLE.net see me as a promising builder for my future works. So who knows, maybe I can continue making levels sometime.