www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Level Editor (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Create a Classic Competition 2019 (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=223038)

dcw123 06-07-19 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by klona (Post 8107163)
I feel like a high quality model kinda takes away from the "classic" feeling. :ponder:

idk if it's just me...

I thought the same almost instantly.

To me, ''Classic'' means using original Core WADS and nothing HD.
Maybe thats just my opinion, but I thought this was the entire point?

Unless we all just mean classic 'feeling' - in which case I may do a HD version of the level I was intending to make

klona 06-07-19 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcw123 (Post 8107340)
I thought the same almost instantly.

To me, ''Classic'' means using original Core WADS and nothing HD.
Maybe thats just my opinion, but I thought this was the entire point?

I believe that's what makes a level feel like it belongs to the classics. Upgrading looks just takes away the feeling of 'classic' imo.
Although, classic gameplay could use a facelift. :rolleyes:

Baslakor 06-07-19 21:00

Personally not a fan. Don't take it the wrong way Sampiza, you're screenshots are quite nice, but they don't feel 'classic' or invoke any feelings of nostalgia to me (mainly duo to the outfit).

This is of course my opinion, and you are within the rules of this competition.

dcw123 06-07-19 21:36

Gonna edit Lara's TR4 outfit to look more like the Alpha version - where her top looks more like TR2/3 instead of the low cut V.
I'm also adding the holster straps back in :D
Complete with beta SFX, objects..

Quite interesting, while looking through old screenshots, one room in particular got revised like 3 times. Once which we see in the demo (skeletons and spike pits), a version with the cog and a harpy, and the final room where Lara fights the Gem Horseman

NoahCrofRaider 06-07-19 23:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcw123 (Post 8107349)
Gonna edit Lara's TR4 outfit to look more like the Alpha version - where her top looks more like TR2/3 instead of the low cut V.
I'm also adding the holster straps back in :D
Complete with beta SFX, objects..

Quite interesting, while looking through old screenshots, one room in particular got revised like 3 times. Once which we see in the demo (skeletons and spike pits), a version with the cog and a harpy, and the final room where Lara fights the Gem Horseman

Awesome! I always liked that version more, so it’s nice to see someone bring it back. Not complaining about the holster straps either. :D

Looking forward to seeing what levels you guys make. I’d like to try my own hand at creating a level for the first time, but I have no clue how good it’d be.

DJ Full 06-07-19 23:42

Sampiza I like this but you need more lights and you got floor on the ceiling.

sampiza 07-07-19 00:36

Ok you guys convinced me, i'm going to use Lore's outfit version and that screen like i said it was just testing, i already made some changes. :vlol:

Osvaldo 07-07-19 05:16

Sería interesante participar.
Nombre: Catedral abandonada.
Temática: Londres.
//-------
English (Google Translate)
It would be interesting to participate.
Name: Abandoned cathedral.
Theme: London.

Titak 07-07-19 08:45

Hey Osvaldo! Welcome to this forum! :wve:

dcw123 07-07-19 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider (Post 8107373)
Awesome! I always liked that version more, so it’s nice to see someone bring it back. Not complaining about the holster straps either. :D

Looking forward to seeing what levels you guys make. I’d like to try my own hand at creating a level for the first time, but I have no clue how good it’d be.

Thanks. Yeh I always love these type of competitions.. and just what fans can come up with. Shows the classic TRs really are still magical even after all there years.
And I realised yesterday that TR4 is 20 years old! OMG it made me feel old ha
I remember playing ths PSX 'beta' demo back in the day - so I felt I needed to recreate it.

Yeh I struggle more with coming up with level design concepts but I tend to just dive straight into the editor with no designs or drawings.. maybe I need to sketch ideas more.
I always save a ton of reference pics from the theme I am doing (so in this case I saved tons of TR4 pics of this level to get the theme right)

I normally just end up staring at the piece of paper and nothing comes to mind... So I might just build randomly as I go without any real plan and see where it takes me LOL