www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Final Fantasy Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=86691)

LarasFan 22-08-15 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshesBorn (Post 7432658)
Have SE mentioned how far into the development of XV they were? We still don't have a release date, do we? :o

65-70% done. They said they'll announce the release date at PAX.

Hyper_Crazy 22-08-15 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshesBorn (Post 7432658)

Have SE mentioned how far into the development of XV they were? We still don't have a release date, do we? :o

Nope, but it's before 2017.

DragonSlayer 22-08-15 13:33

Replaying Triple Triad on that app makes me want to go play the FF8 version again, i once spent a day trying to win a card from the guy outside the hotel in Balamb lose reload repeat took me 8 or 9 hours or more to win the card.

ultima espio 22-08-15 13:45

I never bothered with Triple Triad, I found it confusing. Playing it on iOS makes it seem so simple, was it really that easy in FFVIII?:p

It doesn't seem too different from Tetra master, actually.

Hyper_Crazy 22-08-15 14:00

Triple Triad is one of, if not the best FF minigame there is.
Tetra Master though, no. I still don't get it and just hope for the best when I'm playing those 3 rounds for the Rebirth Ring in IX.

DragonSlayer 22-08-15 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultima espio (Post 7432775)
I never bothered with Triple Triad, I found it confusing. Playing it on iOS makes it seem so simple, was it really that easy in FFVIII?:p

It doesn't seem too different from Tetra master, actually.

It was very easy for me the random rule was annoying but the rules could be reset to eliminate the random rule if you talk to a particular npc in Balamb.

Tetra Master is nowhere near as good as Triple Triad, Blitzball is my second favourite FF mini-game though i don't like how they :cen: it up in FFX2 turning it from what it was in FFX into a football manager style game basically in FFX2 you just manage your team you don't actually get to play Blitzball.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyper_Crazy (Post 7432790)
Triple Triad is one of, if not the best FF minigame there is.
Tetra Master though, no. I still don't get it and just hope for the best when I'm playing those 3 rounds for the Rebirth Ring in IX.

Tetra Master is nothing more than an inferior version of Triple Triad, they could have gone with a better mini-game rather than making an inferior version of Triple Triad, given FF9's medieval setting maybe they should have picked Jousting as the mini-game for FF9.

I didn't really like FF9 after the futuristic FF7 and FF8 i didn't like the setting of FF9 plus i didn't like FF9's main character whatever his name is same goes for FF12'S Vaan, Vaan is Justin Bieber of FF12 you just love to hate him and i could never take him seriously as a sky pirate or whatever it was he dreamed of wanting to be, Balthier would have been the better choice for main character.

Hyper_Crazy 22-08-15 16:28

Zidane was a welcome change after Cloud and Squall. IX is awesome, the only thing that lets it down for me is how slow the battles are - after the swirly battle effect it'll show you the battle arena and take like 25 seconds to start the actual battle, very annoying!

Summer vibes

DragonSlayer 22-08-15 16:59

@ Hyper Crazy from what little i remember of FF9 i think the battles loaded quickly for me, 25 seconds is too long did it do that for every battle it would be annoying if it did.

This is as far as i played in FF9 maybe a little more but this is the only part i can remember from FF9 did they ever unpetrify that guy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aFSYwPL5wE

Hyper_Crazy 23-08-15 02:16

Maybe I exaggerated a little but battles are slow. And Blank? Yeah, Marcus goes off to Evil Forest with the Supersoft and cures him of his petrification.

You really should play IX again and finish it, it's a lovely game. :)

AshesBorn 23-08-15 12:12

So, some time after finishing Lightning Returns (that final boss took me several weeks to beat :hea:), I replayed the whole XIII trilogy, even XIII-2, which I said I'd never touch again. :D

Replaying XIII was amazing, it almost felt like the first time because I'd forgotten some of the details. I was a bit annoyed that it took so long for the battle/upgrade system to fully open up, but that's just because I already knew how everything worked. I don't think I'll ever be able to get over that ending. T_T
Surprisingly, XIII-2 was great too. Maybe because this time around I knew exactly what I was in for. When I played it for the first time I was disappointed as hell because after the amazing and emotional ending of XIII, I didn't want Serah and Noel on a convoluted time-travel adventure, I wanted Lightning, Hope, and the rest of the crew.
LR was quite awesome too, I went with "New Game+" and there were a few new mechanics, which imo should've been in the game from the start. It's very different from the previous two installments, and it's obvious that the devs had a very limited budget and time to make it. The story gets even more stupid than XIII-2, but I think the ending was a good way to finish the trilogy. I'm going to miss these characters.

I think that XIII-2 and LR sorta ruined the story and the world of XIII by piling on a lot of nonsense and extra mythology that wasn't supposed to be there.

Can't wait for XV. I'm glad I didn't get into FF back when it was initially announced because the wait would've been excruciating. :D

P.S. Btw I always thought there was more chemistry and sexual tension between Snow and Lightning, than Snow and Serah.