www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Final Fantasy Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=86691)

SnatchingEdges 16-09-20 20:25

Rumors say it's going to have multiplayer like FFXV.

Yuna´s Wish 16-09-20 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnatchingEdges (Post 8239729)
Rumors say it's going to have multiplayer like FFXV.

The Final Fantasy channel claims it's a "single player action RPG", or something along those lines. If they add multiplayer, there is no indication yet.

The rumors might have been probably right, Snatching. It might have something to do with FFXIV.

Ifrit, Phoenix, Shiva and Titan are in FFXIV, and the Empire calls them "Eikons", like some characters do in this trailer. An extinct race in the lore, the Allagan, also called them "Eikons". Eorzeans usually call them "Primals" in XIV's timeline, so if "Eikons" is the common term in XVI, it might suggest this is a prequel to XIV.

I haven't read any theory yet. These are my wild guesses.

Also, I hope this "Blight" they talk about hasn't quite affected most of the locations we'll see. I'd like to see stunning nature and vividly coloured landscapes. The trailer showed very dark and monochromatic places.

SnatchingEdges 16-09-20 21:26

Thanks for the info, I know nothing of FFXIV lore :p I'm not paying plus and my computer is trash.

Anyway, it would make sense if it's based on FFXIV they'd add something related to multiplayer.

Yuna´s Wish 16-09-20 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnatchingEdges (Post 8239788)
Thanks for the info, I know nothing of FFXIV lore :p I'm not paying plus and my computer is trash.

You can play without Plus :D (and as much as I dislike paying for a subscription, I love them for not having us pay Plus too).

Portugalraider 16-09-20 21:32

Final Fantasy XVI looks like "Final Fantasy meets Berserk" and I am all about it! Thank god it's also coming to PC!

Some character models seem to still need a bit of work, but I am quite sure they will improve before release. SE loves their FF characters to look as sharp as possible :)

charmedangelin 16-09-20 21:37

I don't know about FF16, looks like FF has abandoned the traditional or real time rpg for action rpg.

Yuna´s Wish 16-09-20 21:39

I like the fact that it's not afraid to kill and make it all bloody. I truly appreciate that bold approach. And I just LOVE the Malboro and the Coeurl shown :D

I still crave nature and more colours though. We can have a mature story and beautiful and colourful landscapes at the same time.

And the most important here is how good the controls will be. XV looked promising, gameplay-wise, and it didn't quite deliver.

SnatchingEdges 16-09-20 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish (Post 8239791)
You can play without Plus :D (and as much as I dislike paying for a subscription, I love them for not having us pay Plus too).

Oh, really? I'll look into it, thanks :p

Yuna´s Wish 17-09-20 00:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnatchingEdges (Post 8239808)
Oh, really? I'll look into it, thanks :p

You're welcome :D There is a free trial version that allows you to play the whole of the base game and the first expansion -Heavensward-. Some features are disabled, like party chat, but it's still perfectly enjoyable without them. I believe there is also a cap for money and how many items you may carry, but it's not quite a big deal either.

------

Naoki Yoshida, the mastermind behind XIV, is XVI's producer. No wonder there are such strong XIV vibes here. Hiroshi Takai is the director (FFXIV and The Last Remnant).

killchan 17-09-20 07:39

Knights, dragons, medieval...?
Like, ok, it looks like a return to IV, but I expected something more original.

It goes straight to my steam wishlist but I'd put it well below FF7 and Project Athia on my priority scale