www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Final Fantasy Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=86691)

Rivendell 10-04-08 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elysia (Post 2628087)
Although I liked Quina. I ate lots of things as Quina! :D

Haha, she had great theme music!

I just love so many things about FF9. Happy-go-lucky Zidane, shy Vivi, desperate Dagger (not desperate like that :p ), the Jesters, the mental Queen, Beatrix, Steiner's feelings for her, the Black Waltzes.. The world map is totally amazing - the chocobo games (especially the one that shows you a bit of a map, and you have to find out where it is and dig there) are great!

I can't wait to play it again!
:jmp:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiCkiZ88 (Post 2628104)
:eek:!! You make me want to waste 200€ for that game now!

Ooh it wouldn't be a waste, but get FF9 first! ( :smk: :p )

Carbonek_0051 10-04-08 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 2628071)
I played FFXI for a day after buying the 'Free Months trial' for a £5.
Controls were naff, and I couldn't figure out how to do pretty much anything except run. :\

If there was a whole game of Tarutaru's though, I'd love it! :hug:

Nate, in CC:

Then I ran around doing side missions for a while. I visited the Chocobo Farm, and it made me shiver with excitement! The barn, the house, the silo, the fenced area.. the marsh!

You got to play FF7 to see why that's such a great place to see remade with good graphics! :tmb:

Hahaha I did The same they did a great job at making you like the characters in the game by far my favorite story chocobo farm? I don't remember that! where was that located?

EDIT: ok I think I know what part your talking about, I'm dumb lol

Elysia 10-04-08 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 2628112)
Haha, she had great theme music!

I just love so many things about FF9. Happy-go-lucky Zidane, shy Vivi, desperate Dagger (not desperate like that :p ), the Jesters, the mental Queen, Beatrix, Steiner's feelings for her, the Black Waltzes.. The world map is totally amazing - the chocobo games (especially the one that shows you a bit of a map, and you have to find out where it is and dig there) are great!

I can't wait to play it again!
:jmp:

Vivi was definitely my favourite... I get so bloody maternal over that character, it's ridiculous. Every time he goes missing and you hear him crying down the well... every time he tries to justify what he is... every time we go to the Black Mage village... it all just makes me sob like some mad, flakey, hormonal freak. I wanted to take him home and mother him! :hug:

EDIT: FFVII date tactic - annoy both Aeris and Tifa and take Barret. MUCH more amusing... :D

MiCkiZ88 10-04-08 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 2628112)
Ooh it wouldn't be a waste, but get FF9 first! ( :smk: :p )

Meanie.. Now, spank me more please. I quite like it. :)

:p

How's the world in CC btw?

Seb_01225 10-04-08 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiCkiZ88 (Post 2628132)
Meanie.. Now, spank me more please. I quite like it. :)

:p

How's the world in CC btw?

do you have a PAL playstation?
cos if you do
http://www.365games.co.uk/index.php?productID=894
mine came the day after i ordred

MiCkiZ88 10-04-08 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seb_01225 (Post 2628168)
do you have a PAL playstation?
cos if you do
http://www.365games.co.uk/index.php?productID=894
mine came the day after i ordred

Yup, we have PAL here. Though I'm gonna order FFVII from a local game site since I won't have to pay any posting costs. Takes a day or two to deliver it. Have to wait before I get a job though.

Rivendell 10-04-08 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 (Post 2628126)
chocobo farm? I don't remember that! where was that located?

Mission>Midgar ... > Outskirts :tmb: I'll take a pic and upload it now.

I also did the next bit: Facing Angeal, who flew me up into Hojo's lab (and detention cells - all FF7 again :jmp:), then Genesis appeared and I had to fight Bahamut "Fury" (who is totally Bahamut Zero).

Carbonek_0051 10-04-08 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 2628188)
Mission>Midgar ... > Outskirts :tmb: I'll take a pic and upload it now.

I also did the next bit:

OK: What's your opinion of Genisis so far?:cln:

Rivendell 10-04-08 22:22

Here we go - Chocobo Farm. :D Soz for the naff quality - taking pics of screens rarely looks good.

[IMG]http://i25.************/219c1oj.jpg[/IMG]

Mix - The world.. ahh, I wish. There's no world map. You're sort of based in Midgar, and anywhere outside it you have to go, you just appear there. Everywhere has large 'areas' like FF12's 'world map', you run through 'areas' separated by lines of blue dots. For example - the farm, I clicked 'start mission', and I'm outside it, in a large square of land blocked by invisible walls.

It's a shame there's no world map, because as you can see from that pic, it'd be beautiful, faithful and gargantuanly HUGE.

@Nate: Genesis.. Whoa. Beautiful, constantly poetic, magically powerful, great looking sword - and I get the feeling he's going to have one HECK of a good back story - not to mention future story seeing as he's in one of the Dirge secret endings. So yeah, a perfect addition to the FF7 series!

Carbonek_0051 10-04-08 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 2628226)
Here we go - Chocobo Farm. :D Soz for the naff quality - taking pics of screens rarely looks good.

Mix - The world.. ahh, I wish. There's no world map. You're sort of based in Midgar, and anywhere outside it you have to go, you just appear there. Everywhere has large 'areas' like FF12's 'world map', you run through 'areas' separated by lines of blue dots. For example - the farm, I clicked 'start mission', and I'm outside it, in a large square of land blocked by invisible walls.

It's a shame there's no world map, because as you can see from that pic, it'd be beautiful, faithful and gargantuanly HUGE.

@Nate:

OMG! How do you get the secret ending on Dirge?! I am playing it again....

Seb_01225 10-04-08 22:30

aww chocobo farm looks jus like the original

Rivendell 10-04-08 22:34

^ Doesn't it just? :hug: :cln:

Nate: I've no idea, I think I got it when I finished it - but maybe I've just seen the video on Youtube before.

Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core spoilers in the vid:

MiCkiZ88 10-04-08 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 2628226)

OOOH! Is it wrong that I'm feeling all teary now? That's just how much I love FFVII, and seeing the chocobo farm in full 3d glory.. ahh.. *snif*

And that's a shame really. The world does look beautiful and it is very true to the original. Which way is the farm facing at? Are those mountains the ones at the sea, or the ones which have the caverns?

And Genesis looks fabulous, and I've seen the secret ending of Dirge. Gackt looked great in it!

Carbonek_0051 10-04-08 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 2628257)
^ Doesn't it just? :hug: :cln:

Nate: I've no idea, I think I got it when I finished it - but maybe I've just seen the video on Youtube before.

Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core spoilers in the vid:

OMG!!!!!!!:jmp::cln::jmp:

Thanks Chris

Deffenently looking foward to the future of Genesis & FFVII, he is hands down my favorite FF character next to Sephy:), was Loveless mentioned in FFVII at all?

So you enjoying the game so far?

Make sure to explore every area of each part to find easter eggs and bonus items;)

Rivendell 10-04-08 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiCkiZ88 (Post 2628269)
Which way is the farm facing at? Are those mountains the ones at the sea, or the ones which have the caverns?

Same as the original. The front of the barn is facing the marshes, and I think on FF7's world map there's a small range of mountains infront of the eastern sea - but even if there isn't, they're there on the farm scene in FF7 itself! So if it's a mistake, it's a constant one. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 (Post 2628273)
So you enjoying the game so far?

Loving it! It's a lot of fun. A couple of things that bother me a bit though:

1. The combat.. It's like every 10 seconds. I'd love to shake the developers and shout at them "It's okay to go 5 minutes without having to kill something!!"

2. The slot-machine thing. It always pops up when I'm trying to do something important, and as it's completely random it's damn annoying. The results it gives are really cool though, so I'm 50/50 on that.

Edit: Ooooooh it's starting! The seeds have been planted! Seph has locked himself in the ShinRa data room, and is researching Project G. :eek: Don't do it Sephy! Don't go down that road!

MiCkiZ88 10-04-08 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 2628295)
Same as the original. The front of the barn is facing the marshes, and I think on FF7's world map there's a small range of mountains infront of the eastern sea - but even if there isn't, they're there on the farm scene in FF7 itself! So if it's a mistake, it's a constant one. :D

Yup, there's some mountains/clifs before the sea if I remembe correctly. This world map shows some of the mountains. Just that picture makes me want to buy the game now. :D

Never figured how to get on the round island btw.

Rivendell 10-04-08 22:59

^ Gold Chocobo, it gets you the 'Knights of the Round' materia.

Took me soooooo long to get a Gold Chocobo, I remember sitting for days and hours racing, breeding, catching, over and over again..

Carbonek_0051 10-04-08 23:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 2628295)

Loving it! It's a lot of fun. A couple of things that bother me a bit though:

1. The combat.. It's like every 10 seconds. I'd love to shake the developers and shout at them "It's okay to go 5 minutes without having to kill something!!"

2. The slot-machine thing. It always pops up when I'm trying to do something important, and as it's completely random it's damn annoying. The results it gives are really cool though, so I'm 50/50 on that.

Edit: Ooooooh it's starting! :eek: Don't do it Sephy! Don't go down that road!

It took me awhile to adjust to combat popping up, and as for the DMW I hated it at first but after awhile you get the hang of things, and it becomes more of you wanting it to pop up:p

As soon as I was told he locked himself in, I got chills...

So I take it you are playing it as we speak...:p

MiCkiZ88 10-04-08 23:02

@Chris: Oooh, no wonder I never bothered with breeding.. Same thing in X-2. Just couldn't be arsed to breed them. =/
Thanks for the info though. Might just try to finish the game completely one day.

Rivendell 10-04-08 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 (Post 2628319)

So I take it you are playing it as we speak...:p

Yep! I love the materia fusion system! I just made Dark Thundara and Dark Blizzara :mis: The monsters aren't going to like these beauties.

Carbonek_0051 10-04-08 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 2628334)
Yep! I love the materia fusion system! I just made Dark Thundara and Dark Blizzara :mis: The monsters aren't going to like these beauties.

You should mix fire and assault twister;)

The materia fusion system is fun you get some pretty cool results sometimes, how exactly did the materia sytem work in the original btw?

Rivendell 10-04-08 23:20

You just get materia and equip it. The most you could really do to "fuse" it was by linking "x" materia with 'All' materia.

So for example link Fire + All, and when you cast Fire, it casts it on all enemies at once.

Carbonek_0051 10-04-08 23:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 2628358)
You just get materia and equip it. The most you could really do to "fuse" it was by linking "x" materia with 'All' materia.

So for example link Fire + All, and when you cast Fire, it casts it on all enemies at once.

Oh ok, I just found out the PS3 is region free so I can get a UK version of FFVII, I am gonna do that this weekend....:cln:

It's a good thing I just finished CC now I can pick up where it left off!

:)

SO what part are you at now?:jmp:

Rivendell 10-04-08 23:26

Aerith called, so Zack's off to see her in his spare time. I wonder how long it'll be before something catastrophic happens this time? :whi: :D

Carbonek_0051 10-04-08 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 2628374)
this time? :whi: :D

:)............Just Wait for it..............:whi:

How are you liking Aerith's new voice actress?

CitanMK 11-04-08 00:59

Quote:

IGN:
A Legend is Reborn: Final Fantasy IV Comes to Life in Full 3D
The revolutionary title comes to DS on July 22.

April 10, 2008 - Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix interactive entertainment products in North America, announced today that it will launch a completely re-envisioned Final Fantasy IV for Nintendo DS on July 22, 2008. A new generation of gamers will now have the opportunity to experience a legend reborn.

The team that brought Final Fantasy III to Nintendo DS comes together once again to breathe new life into a classic that broke convention and introduced a wide array of innovations to the RPG genre. With its groundbreaking Active Time Battle (ATB) system and an engrossing, character-driven plot, Final Fantasy IV was a stunning step forward for role-playing games when it was originally released for the Super NES in 1991.

"Final Fantasy IV for DS is a classic revived for the 21st century," said John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix, Inc. "The visual upgrades are remarkable, and the plot has been enhanced with added detail and depth. We hope that fans of the original, as well as players new to the Final Fantasy franchise, will enjoy all that this title has to offer."

Now featuring full 3D graphics, fully-voiced dramatic cutscenes, and added content, Final Fantasy IV for DS is a must-play for those looking to jump into the best-selling RPG franchise in the world.

STORY

Four elemental Crystals, each possessing awesome power, lie scattered throughout the realm. However, men are quick to covet things which offer strength, and easily corrupted by the might which they possess...

Seduced by the promised power of the Crystals, the kingdom of Baron begins employing unprovoked force to seize them from peaceful nations. The dark knight Cecil - Lord Captain of Baron's elite force, the Red Wings - is ordered by his king to obtain the Crystals, but soon begins to question the monarch's motives. Stricken with grief at his own actions, yet burdened by his loyalty to his country and his personal sense of honor, Cecil at last decides to turn from the path of darkness and destruction.

Enraged, the king accuses him of disloyalty, strips Cecil of his command, and sends him off to slay a mysterious beast that lurks in the nearby Valley of Mist. Cecil embarks on a fateful journey that will bring trials, betrayals, friendship, loss and self-discovery. Can Cecil open his eyes and become the man of honor that he must be?

FEATURES

Witness the dramatic and thrilling story of this mythical game world brought to life through astounding 3D graphics, gorgeous CG cutscenes and top-notch voice acting

Create a versatile party using the all-new Augment System - a dynamic system that allows the player to assign special abilities to characters

Dive into the first RPG to incorporate the innovative Active Time Battle system, now further enhanced and refined for the Nintendo DS

Listen to a beautifully remixed score by world-renowned composer Nobuo Uematsu that breathes new life into some of the most beloved Final Fantasy themes

Navigate effortlessly through the game with Nintendo DS Touch Screen functionality and stylus-driven controls while receiving vital assistance via the dual-screen presentation

Train and customize Whytkin by playing a variety of mini-games and challenge another player to head-to-head battle via local wireless connection

Final Fantasy IV is rated is rated E10+ (Everyone 10 and older). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings. Final Fantasy IV will be available at North American retailers for the suggested retail price of $39.99(USD). The official website can be found at http://na.square-enix.com/ff4/

Source: http://ds.ign.com/articles/865/865747p1.html
I love FFIV! It's my second favorite FF game (VI is my favorite).

+ Nintendo Power Interview: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274835

Day one buy for me. :jmp:

Yuna´s Wish 11-04-08 01:16

Ufff...everything for the handhelds ¬_¬

I don´t like the "classical classic FFs", but I could have liked this. It´s a pity :p

Oh, and for those who have finished it...how long is FFVIICC? How many hours does it take to beat? Any New Game + feature?

nightwishgirl84 11-04-08 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish (Post 2628559)
Ufff...everything for the handhelds ¬_¬

I agree with you on that one.
I have FF III and FF XII :RV for DS and the controls are not so great, especially XII :RW :(
I prefer good ole playstation (2 or 3) to play my games on......

PS for Yuna's Wish :
I'm still stuck in Revenant Wings.
Even with those instructions they keep dying :cen:
I'm just not very good at this game because of the controls, and they sometimes simply don't listen to the instructions you give them *grr*
Gonna leave it for a bit and then try again.

Carbonek_0051 11-04-08 13:14

I am buying these game today:D

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...12_box_art.jpghttp://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m.../fft-psp-a.jpg

I was wondering if anyone has played War Of The Lions and if it was any good....:)

Minty Mouth 11-04-08 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 (Post 2629328)

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...12_box_art.jpghttp://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m.../fft-psp-a.jpg

I was wondering if anyone has played War Of The Lions and if it was any good....:)

Do NOT buy FFXII please, save yourself...

PS: what is it with america when it comes to changing perfectly good box arts into crappy "Star Wars: A New Hope" rip offs?

Carbonek_0051 11-04-08 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minty Mouth (Post 2629333)
Do NOT buy FFXII please, save yourself...

PS: what is it with america when it comes to changing perfectly good box arts into crappy "Star Wars: A New Hope" rip offs?

Hahaha I used to own XII I loved every minute of it, I neede money bad so I had to sell it, but I am re-buying it now:p

Rivendell 11-04-08 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 (Post 2629328)

Get yourself an FF7! :ton:

Minty Mouth 11-04-08 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 (Post 2629338)
Hahaha I used to own XII I loved every minute of it, I neede money bad so I had to sell it, but I am re-buying it now:p

You should buy X ;)

Carbonek_0051 11-04-08 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 2629340)
Get yourself an FF7! :ton:

Expensive Mate;) I actually found out my friends cousin has it and he is giving it to me for free:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by Minty Mouth (Post 2629341)
You should buy X ;)

I am getting that and X-2 next week;)

Minty Mouth 11-04-08 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 (Post 2629351)
Expensive Mate;) I actually found out my friends cousin has it and he is giving it to me for free:D

I am getting that and X-2 next week;)

+ 50 cool points

Rivendell 11-04-08 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 (Post 2629351)

Well that's good. :) And... have you played X-2 before?

Carbonek_0051 11-04-08 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minty Mouth (Post 2629353)
+ 50 cool points

Yay I think I just leveled up on coolness

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 2629355)
Well that's good. :) And... have you played X-2 before?

Yeah I enjoyed it, I was stuck last time, then sold it I needed money and sold XII, X, & X-2....

Did you like it?

Minty Mouth 11-04-08 13:27

How far did you get Carbonek?

Carbonek_0051 11-04-08 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minty Mouth (Post 2629365)
How far did you get Carbonek?

I was at some temple where I had to fight one of the summons, I wasn't leveled up enough so I kept dying:p

Minty Mouth 11-04-08 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 (Post 2629376)
I was at some temple where I had to fight one of the summons, I wasn't leveled up enough so I kept dying:p

Was it

a) valefor (flying thing)
b) IFrit (fiery thing)
c) Ixion (horse thing)
or d) Bahamut (ffiery massive Uber kill machine)