www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Final Fantasy Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=86691)

Hyper_Crazy 14-02-07 22:22

Black Waltz 3 was quite awesome :)

Legend of Lara 14-02-07 22:22

The ending of VIII is great. :D
Wait what. It's not! It's weird and deus ex machina-y!

Rikku~

Hyper_Crazy 14-02-07 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legend of Lara (Post 1576359)
The ending of VIII is great. :D
Oh, and Paine rules. :ohn:

The ending of FFVIII was great, I like the song better :D
I prefer Lulu to Paine.

Yuna´s Wish 14-02-07 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legend of Lara (Post 1576324)
What kind of "bad" was XII's ending? Disappointing? Shocking? Cheesy? Confusing?

If I say which kind of ending it has, I´ll spoil it for some (mainly Forwen) :D It was just not "magic".

Legend of Lara 14-02-07 22:27

HAHAHA FFX-2

Please, past self. Play other FFs.

Rivendell 14-02-07 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Tony (Post 1576345)
Who here thought Black Waltz No.3 was just awesome? :D
Reminds me of Natla a little bit.

Refresh my memory please! :D

Mad Tony 14-02-07 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 1576376)
Refresh my memory please! :D

Perhaps this? :D

Rivendell 14-02-07 22:31

Ahh the one who watches them from a rock in the canyon! :D He/she/it was cool!

Legend of Lara 14-02-07 22:34

My future self has an obsession with Final Fantasy XII. Pfff...
LOL FFX-2

Hyper_Crazy 14-02-07 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 1576387)
Ahh the one who watches them from a rock in the canyon! :D He/she/it was cool!

We don't know what it is...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legend of Lara (Post 1576393)
It seems I have an obsession with X-2 right now. pff...
Anyway wouldn't this picture make a splendid avatar?:D
http://archive.gamespy.com/gssked/ma...pril5/ffx2.jpg

That would make a good Avatar :tmb:

Yuna´s Wish 14-02-07 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyper_Crazy (Post 1576400)
That would make a good Avatar :tmb:

Indeed :tmb: Well, I´m going to continue FFVIII...I´m going to pay more gils to the Shumi so I can draw more Ultima magic. Do you know any Draw Point of Ultima I might use without spending money (and time so it regenerates)? Or a monster I can draw it from? :)

Psyched 14-02-07 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 1575869)
I'd recommend going from FF7 onwards (solely because it's what I did!) I like the plots better in FF7/8/9 than in any of them before it, and find that I can relate to the characters a lot more and get much more drawn into the plot :tmb:

To be fair, VI was very well-developed also.

Yuna´s Wish - you can draw ultima from the Island Closest to Hell (and I presume, its counterpart closest to Heaven). I'd ensure that you've got Diablos's Enc-None ability, and then you can just wander about the island pressing X and drawing all kinds of insanely powerful magicks.

Legend of Lara 14-02-07 22:50

I faffed about with the picture for a bit. What do you think?
I think it's abhorrent.

Hyper_Crazy 14-02-07 22:51

Maybe you should put Legend of Lara more more in the centre, but besides from that it is good :tmb:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyched (Post 1576440)

I loved FFVI, it is one of my favourite Final Fantasys

Yuna´s Wish 14-02-07 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyched (Post 1576440)

Yuna´s Wish - you can draw ultima from the Island Closest to Hell (and I presume, its counterpart closest to Heaven). I'd ensure that you've got Diablos's Enc-None ability, and then you can just wander about the island pressing X and drawing all kinds of insanely powerful magicks.

Thank you very much! :tmb: I´ll be sure to look there (using, of course, the none encounter ability...a Ruby Dragon could currently kill me in a second) :p Siren´s ability to see Hidden Draw Points is also required, right? (I already have it too....Cactuar Island is the best, your GFs learn so much there) :D

Psyched 14-02-07 23:00

Well, enemies in FFVIII do level up as you do - so in theory, the lower the level you attack them with, the easier they are. But I know that's not necessarily the case. I didn't use Siren's ability, instead stumbling blindly, since the island is really rich in draw points. Still, it'll be easier for you to utilise it.

Quote:

I loved FFVI, it is one of my favourite Final Fantasys
***SPOILERS OF FFVI BELOW, in case you've not played it***

My third favourite, and the step-up from V was significant and very welcome (the directors of the game were changed at this point, which perhaps was the major factor in said alteration). For the first time, too, the music broke its traditional cliched fantasy style and the game was further removed from the medieval manners of the past instalments. The characters were better developed and real emotion was evoked; General Leo's death was a really sad moment, and Kefka was such a good personality, complemented by an equally excellent theme. Not forgetting, of course, the inspirational moments of the opera, Doma, the Floating Continent, Kefka's taking over of the world and the final fight when Dancing Mad plays.

Hyper_Crazy 14-02-07 23:05

Wasn't Final Fantasy VI the first Final Fantasy where you could actually choose to go in your party? Oh yes, it was, I remember in FFI you get to choose a job for each of your 4 characters, in FFII random people came in to party lol, in FFIII I have no idea because I have never played it, but it is most probably like FFI, FFIV people would leave and then people would join your party, in FFV you used the same 4 characters, Bartz, Reina, Galuf, and Faris, well until Galf dies and you get Krille (I am going by the European names).

Psyched 14-02-07 23:08

That's right. Another innovation was the lack of such a convoluted battle system, although V's was playable. Galuf's death was quite sad. I suppose Exdeath was a bit of a hard bugger - for a tree.

Hyper_Crazy 14-02-07 23:10

I didn't really care about Galuf to tell the truth.

Yuna´s Wish 14-02-07 23:12

Thanks a lot Psyched! I found many Ultima, Flare, Aura and Holy Draw Points in both islands! :tmb: And thankfully, I got stronger with them. The last Ruby Dragon I found attacked me in an Ambush and used the attack that affects the 3 characters...Rinoa had 9330 Hp and she died too :p I must do something with their defense.

Psyched 14-02-07 23:17

It was the manner in which he died rather than the death of his character that did it for me. The problem was, it was always coming, really. Leo's and Aeris's deaths were sudden and fairly unexpected, but I was pretty much waiting for Galuf to kick the bucket. The same goes for Tellah from IV (an instalment in which they seemed to kill off characters for fun, really, mitigating the sad effect).

Yuna - do you have all the GFs yet? Doomtrain helps tremendously with virtually all powerful foes. You will literally (or thereabouts) never have to worry about a Ruby Dragon again.

The good thing about those powerful spells is that, when junctioned to your stats, they give a massive boost. High statistics can be augmented with modifiers from your GFs to their limits.

Hyper_Crazy 15-02-07 00:05

@ Yuna's Wish

Here is a video about Tidus and Yuna (Which by the way I didn't make)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oWkwazbWQVs

Forwen 15-02-07 00:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legend of Lara (Post 1576393)

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i5...en123/FFx2.gif Shame it's about 11 times too big huh :tea:

How can you discuss FFVIII level and battle system without me like that! :( Especially since I don't remember a thing, and I used to pack dozens of hours into that.

Yuna's Wish: would it be of any use to you?

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i5...23/DrawMap.jpg

I'm planning to change my avatar as soon as I'm allowed to (that's today actually) because with that size the Star Destroyer looks like a plastic pancake, and that's what I've been planning to stick with:

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i5...isMoreBack.jpg or http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i5.../Quisback1.jpg

What do you guys think? They still need some editing though, especially the second one - it looks lousy around the edges.

Psyched 15-02-07 00:45

I like the first one more.

Tomb Raider 5194 15-02-07 00:50

Ohh I love Quistis from FFVIII I want to play the game after I saw some clips from gameplay in the game and after it reminded of Quistis too :D .

Yuna´s Wish 15-02-07 01:36

@ Hyper Crazy: Thank you so much! I love these videos. Do you still have any doubt concerning which the best love story is? Seeing Yuna running towards Tidus and trespassing his body...

@ Forwen: That map is superb. I´ll be sure to use it and draw as much magic as I can. I´ve just got 100 Ultima(s) for Squall...I need another 200 :p Thanks for the map, it´s pretty useful! :tmb:

@ Psyched: I still don´t have Doomtrain. I already got the Remedies +, but I still have to get the Steel Pipes and the Malboro Tentacles to summon Doomtrain (I also got the ring). I´ve just defeated Bahamut and I´m training him on Cactuar Island :)

Atim 15-02-07 03:59

Do they have a new trailer for final fantasy 13 and versus 13 i havent seen any lately if they do can you give me the link please thanks or if they are can you tell me please thanks

Hyper_Crazy 15-02-07 13:01

I know that Advent Children isn't a video game but did anyone know that the wolf was Zack?

Megalith 15-02-07 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyper_Crazy (Post 1577534)
I know that Advent Children isn't a video game but did anyone know that the wolf was Zack?

Actually i've read somewhere that Nomura said that the wolf symbolizes Clouds quilt over the loss of those close to him,and his loneliness(the wolf dissapears when Cloud finds peace with himself and returns to his friends).

RAID 15-02-07 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legend of Lara (Post 1574870)
Final Fantasy is great. Talk about it here. :D
All universes I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII, XIII. :wve:

God bless you for creating this thread.

8 and 9 are the best. They're the very last two games in the FF series if you ask me. X/X-2 are just lame and boring interactive movies. I don't think that even Advent Children had that much chit chat in it...

8 days to go for PAL version of XII :jmp:

Hyper_Crazy 15-02-07 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megalith (Post 1577816)
Actually i've read somewhere that Nomura said that the wolf symbolizes Clouds quilt over the loss of those close to him,and his loneliness(the wolf dissapears when Cloud finds peace with himself and returns to his friends).

Thats another theory, but the wolf was first sighted outside Midgar where the Buster Sword was, and where Zack was shot down, and then when Cloud faints in the Church there is the same wolf, and at the end of the game we see Zack, and Aeris, who is interacting with the children.

Yuna´s Wish 16-02-07 02:12

Just to keep you informed of my progress guys (and to thank you for your help) :)

I´ve just obtained Doomtrain and the best weapon for Zell. I still have to find the other 5 weapons and Eden (I´ve not even got into the Research Facility yet). When I achieve those tasks, I´ll get into the Lunatic Pandora and continue the normal game until I finish. I don´t care about the Cards (gathering all the cards) but I have the most useful ones, like Laguna´s and Bahamut´s Cards If I ever need to trade them for the Heros and Megalixirs.

EDIT (update): I got Eden, defeated Raijin, Fujin, Seifer, Adel, Sorceresses, Sphinxaur, Tri-point, Krysta, Gargantua, Red Giant, Catoblepas, Trauma, Tiamat, Ultimecia, Greiver, Ulti-Griever, and the Real Ultimecia...it was lovely, but easy. And Doomtrain was really useful :) I still have to defy Omega, but I´ll wait a bit, I want to rest.

P.S.: I loved the Ending (this is the first time I finish FFVIII) and Raine and Laguna almost make me cry.

RAID 16-02-07 19:59

Alan, I got a question for you about 12. Do you automatically heal at every save point, leaving the game to be easy and unchallenging like FFX?

Speaking of which, what's the use of inns in FFX?

Yuna´s Wish 16-02-07 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAID (Post 1580564)
Alan, I got a question for you about 12. Do you automatically heal at every save point, leaving the game to be easy and unchallenging like FFX?

Speaking of which, what's the use of inns in FFX?

The Save Points DO heal you in FFXII too, but you´re always praying to find a save crystal soon ;)
And the inns of FFX are completely ridiculous. FFXII doesn´t have them.

EDIT: There are three different save crystals: the blue save crystal (in which you can only save); the orange gate save crystal (that allows you to teleport to another previously visited crystal -a list of places where you´ve been is automatically displayed- if you have teleport stones); and blue save crystals that are affected by a bug you´re to defeat to "clean" the crystal and save the game.

Yuna´s Wish 16-02-07 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAID (Post 1580564)
unchallenging like FFX?

FFXII is the most challenging FF I´ve played (making VIII, IX, X, X-2 mere "Barbie" games) :)

Forwen 16-02-07 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish (Post 1580634)
blue save crystals that are affected by a bug you´re to defeat to "clean" the crystal and save the game.

What? H4Xor! :vlol:

Yuna's Wish - did you play FFXII in Wait or Active mode and/or with Gambit on? I figure these modes can change pretty much entire strategy in battle - quite contrary to their relatively minor role in previous FFs.

Yuna´s Wish 16-02-07 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forwen (Post 1580755)
What? H4Xor! :vlol:

Yuna's Wish - did you play FFXII in Wait or Active mode and/or with Gambit on? I figure these modes can change pretty much entire strategy in battle - quite contrary to their relatively minor role in previous FFs.

In Wait mode and without many Gambits. I got to the end of the game using only 3 characters: 1 of them, the leader, didn´t have any gambit, but the other 2 had only one gambit (the "Attack the nearest foe" gambit). When I started to do the sidequests and I happened to face stronger enemies, gamits were a must for all the characters, including the leader. When you use the Gambits, the battle becomes almost automatical and there is not much difference between Active or Wait because you´re hardly required to give an extra order that was not specified by the gambits :)

RAID 16-02-07 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish (Post 1580677)
FFXII is the most challenging FF I´ve played (making VIII, IX, X, X-2 mere "Barbie" games) :)

That's good to know.

How long did it take for you to finish it, with all Espers and all?

Yuna´s Wish 16-02-07 21:45

It took me 80 hours with all the Espers and 150 hours with the main sidequests done and the most powerful enemies defeated (the style of Omega weapon, Ozma, the Dark Aeons and Penance...the ones you´re not required to beat but you do it anyway to prove you´re the best) :p

Forwen 16-02-07 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish (Post 1580914)
It took me 80 hours

Main Quest only?! Dear Hyne, so such games are still made?