www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Final Fantasy Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=86691)

RAID 16-02-07 21:49

Awesome. I do hope however it's not Dark Espers. I miss original enemies like Ozma or the Weapons from FF8.

Yuna´s Wish 16-02-07 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forwen (Post 1580924)
Main Quest only?! Dear Hyne, so such games are still made?

:vlol: You know, I had a very similar thought...games, nowadays, are way too short, even RPGs. It´s disappointing. But this one is huge because of all the leveling up and the immense places you´ll visit. the smallest dungeon is as big as Ultimecia´s Castle, or even bigger.

Psyched 16-02-07 21:57

Penance was an original enemy in addition to the Dark Aeons (at least in the International version).

Great that you completed FFVIII, Yuna's Wish. The scene with Laguna is quite sad. Definitely just morph some cards into invincibility potions and then cast Aura on Squall and Rinoa and use their ultimate limit breaks. You might want to hold out 'til just before its Terra Break attack (that WILL kill your characters if they're not invincible) before using the Hero Drink or Holy War or what have you. Also, morph some Death spells and junction 100 deaths to each of your characters' defences if they've a level multiple of 5.

Megalith 17-02-07 14:35

Today i went to my local game shop and much to my surprise they had FFXII!!!!:eek: I couldn't believe that i was holding it in my hands!!!:jmp:
But unfortunately i had no money with me so i have to wait until next week...:hea:

RAID 17-02-07 16:26

You mean it's already out in Europe :yik:?

MiCkiZ88 17-02-07 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAID (Post 1582846)

Suppose it's true.. They already reviewed it in a local game show here (they only review games that have been released for public) :jmp:

Megalith 17-02-07 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAID (Post 1582846)

Yes,i couldn't believe it either!
But it has happened before,TRL was out here in Greece earlier than the UK release.And other games too...
I don't know how this is happening but i'm not complaining!:)

Yuna´s Wish 17-02-07 17:35

So...what are you waiting for? Go and get it!:D You´ll not regret it...until you finish the game and realize about a few tiny details...:)

Hyper_Crazy 17-02-07 17:36

Hey Yuna's Wish it FFXII a good game, is it better than X and X-2?

Yuna´s Wish 17-02-07 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyper_Crazy (Post 1583023)
Hey Yuna's Wish it FFXII a good game, is it better than X and X-2?

The problem is I loved those games :p The gameplay of XII is fantastic, way better than any of the previous FFs. It´s more addictive than any of the others too. But the story is pure :cen: and it lacks a lot of things ALL the others have. The gameplay is Legendary, but Crash Bandicoot´s plot is better than this one (way better)

Hyper_Crazy 17-02-07 17:41

For me I think Final Fantasy has gone down hill since X and X-2, now I am just not excited in Final Fantasy no more, well untill they make a remake of FFVII on the PS3 (if they do make a remake)

Yuna´s Wish 17-02-07 17:42

I love FF...but time led me to realize there were better games. And the only thing that has always (and will always) kept me excited is Tomb Raider.

EDIT: My last words are taboo in a thread like this :D

Megalith 17-02-07 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish (Post 1583019)
So...what are you waiting for? Go and get it!:D You´ll not regret it...until you finish the game and realize about a few tiny details...:)

Tuesday morning!:jmp:
(there's a holiday here on Monday):(

Yuna´s Wish 17-02-07 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megalith (Post 1583050)
Tuesday morning!:jmp:
(there's a holiday here on Monday):(

:p Just a few days anyway :D At least it´ll keep you entertained until Anniversary´s release. I´ve been playing FFVIII, but it´s already finished, and I left Okami without finishing, so I guess that Okami will keep me busy for a little while.

Hyper_Crazy 17-02-07 17:49

I am currently playing FFIX, on disk 3, all I have got to do is go the 4 shrines (Fire,Wind,Water and Earth), and then go to Terra.

Yuna´s Wish 17-02-07 17:51

You´re almost there. Remember to visit Daguerreo and buy some strong weapons (sometimes you can find some weapons with abilities you did not get to learn before...and you may never get them later, so now is the time) :)

Megalith 17-02-07 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish (Post 1583058)
:p Just a few days anyway :D At least it´ll keep you entertained until Anniversary´s release. I´ve been playing FFVIII, but it´s already finished, and I left Okami without finishing, so I guess that Okami will keep me busy for a little while.

Yeah,i know what you mean.I will also leave Dragon Quest VIII unfinished...

Hyper_Crazy 17-02-07 17:53

I already knew that, but thanks anyway :)
Anyway my current party is Zidane, Dagger/Garnet, Vivi and Steiner, but I want to use Beatrix :D

Psyched 17-02-07 18:06

A call for HAX.

RAID 18-02-07 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiCkiZ88 (Post 1582882)
Suppose it's true.. They already reviewed it in a local game show here (they only review games that have been released for public) :jmp:

Did you get it Micki?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megalith (Post 1582958)
Yes,i couldn't believe it either!
But it has happened before,TRL was out here in Greece earlier than the UK release.And other games too...
I don't know how this is happening but i'm not complaining!:)

looool and you shouldn't :p

Sadly, here games arrive like 2 weeks after the UK, so I have no choice but to wait for my order from play.com. It's the soonest that I can get it. :( We're talking like 27-28th February.

RAID 18-02-07 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish (Post 1583058)

This morning I just finished FFX again...I know you didn't expect it :p

Now I'm gonna give a quick replay to X-2 :yik: I know, I know... Hopefully, by the time, I refinish it, I'll have FFXII...

Yuna´s Wish 18-02-07 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAID (Post 1584460)
This morning I just finished FFX again...I know you didn't expect it :p

Not quite :D It was certainly unexpected. You ought to replay FFVIII and IX to compare them with XII (and notice the similarities and differences).

RAID 18-02-07 20:29

Sadly I need to rebuy FF9. I'll get one on eBay. I think I might just restart FF8. Even though I have it on PC, and the sound is pretty lame. Stupid midis...And the game is glicthy like the Cerberus, Bahamut, Alexander, Quezacotl and Eden summons...Heck, I'll buy 8 for the PSX along with 9 from ebay as well :D

Long live 8 and 9:p (Hope to say the same thing about 12 ;))

Forwen 18-02-07 20:31

Yuna's Wish - I was thinking of asking about it for some time... Is Fran worth anything as a character? Has she got any sort of personality, or suffers from all too common "third female" syndrome?

Yuna´s Wish 18-02-07 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAID (Post 1585435)
(Hope to say the same thing about 12 ;))

That´s likely to happen. I hope you get it soon :) I think I´ll try to defeat Omega (FFVIII) today...I never fought it, this ´ll be the first time (and I want to win...pretty ambitious, uh?) :cln:

RAID 18-02-07 20:34

He's pretty easy, once you get used to him. I won't spoil the fun and tell you how to kill it, but if you need advice, you know where to find me ;)

Yuna´s Wish 18-02-07 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forwen (Post 1585437)
Yuna's Wish - I was thinking of asking about it for some time... Is Fran worth anything as a character? Has she got any sort of personality, or suffers from all too common "third female" syndrome?

No...that would be Penelo (sorry to disappoint Penelo´s fans). However, the best personalities here are Ashe´s and Balthier´s (though I hate Balthier and love Ashe).

RAID 18-02-07 20:38

Since I know absolutely nothing about 12 (which is a great thing :D) I'm judging the characters according to the first impression i got when I saw their looks.

Vaan: Combination between Tidus:(/Zidane :) (Hoping for some Zell:D)
Ashe: Yuna :o (Alan says Squall :yah: :jmp:)
Fran: Quistis :jmp:
Penelo: Selphie :)
Balthier: Irvine/Auron
Basch: Freya :)

Did I miss anyone?

Yuna´s Wish 18-02-07 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAID (Post 1585448)
He's pretty easy, once you get used to him. I won't spoil the fun and tell you how to kill it, but if you need advice, you know where to find me ;)

Of course :tmb: I think I´ll try the same strategy I used with Ultima (a bit improved). I had a Hero I got from Seifer and used it in Squall, who was summoning Doomtrain for the first time (I had just got it so the summoning was quite slow and the one casting the summon was to be invincible until the process ended). Then, Quistis revived the dead while Rinoa healed the living. Squall attacked and each blow dealt 9999 HP damage. Ultima was a laugh (I remember trying a lot when I was younger). I know Omega is harder because of its Terra Break and I have no Heros this time...though I have Laguna´s Card (100 Heros) and Bahamut´s Card (100 Megalixirs). But I´ll try not to use them. If I use them, can I get them back from anyone later...or are they lost forever?

RAID 18-02-07 20:42

As a matter of fact you can. If you have completed the CC group side quest in Balamb Garden, all the CC group members (including the King herself) will be on the Ragnarok in Disk 4, and each member is in possession of the Rare GF/Character cards.

If you missed this quest, it's shouldn't be a big deal. Just head back to garden and look for the members. If you don't remember where to find them I can tell you :)

EDIT: Note: To enable this side quest, you must have a certain amount of wins of Triple Triad.

Yuna´s Wish 18-02-07 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAID (Post 1585457)
Since I know absolutely nothing about 12 (which is a great thing :D) I'm judging the characters according to the first impression i got when I saw their looks.

Vaan: Combination between Tidus:(/Zidane :) (Hoping for some Zell:D)
Ashe: Yuna :o (Alan says Squall :yah: :jmp:)
Fran: Quistis :jmp:
Penelo: Selphie :)
Balthier: Irvine/Auron
Basch: Freya :)

Did I miss anyone?

Vaan is what you say but more clamed down and less happy :p
Ashe is a mixture between Yuna and Squall (what-a-monster!)
Fran is a combination of: Quistis, Amarant, Kimahri and Freya
Penelo is a joke
Balthier is like Auron but has many (even more than Vaan) of Zidane´s particular attitudes and comments.
Basch is Freya, Tidus and Quistis.

I guess you never expected that :D

Forwen 18-02-07 20:46

Oooh, I'm claiming this idea! Here are my impressions:

Vaan: 97% Tidus (add some angst)
Ashe: thought it was Yuna, but now she seems to have Squall's demeanor plus Rinoa's passion.
Fran: blank character with a feeble Lulu taste.
Penelo: More Selphie than Rikku.
Balthier: Irvine with a glimpse of Amarant.
Basch: Auron.
Larsa: Yuna-ish.
Vayne: no idea, but I've got my suspicions.

RAID: Either 100% or no Zell. No half measures with him :D

EDIT: Meh, beat me to it.

RAID 18-02-07 20:47

Hmmm...So far I'm liking almost all of them, especially Ashe, Fran and Balthier. :D

Damn I'm getting hyped. only 5 days left :jmp: :yah:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forwen (Post 1585481)
RAID: Either 100% or no Zell. No half measures with him :D

I'll go with 100% Zell hehehe

Yuna´s Wish 18-02-07 20:59

Larsa is a hideous monster created using Yuna´s X-2 happiness, Rinoa´s passion, Cid Kramer´s love for his work and Beatrix´s notion of Justice. Not to forget Garnet´s desire to understand what everything is about and the way to find a peaceful agreement between the parties.

And Vayne is a Laguna (physically character whose personality will remain in secret until you get the game):)

EDIT: Oh, I never considered the Card Game a must in this game :D Well, I guess I´ll use the cards even if I don´t get them back (it´s already too late to do the sidequest). I just want to beat the Weapon.

Forwen 18-02-07 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuna´s Wish (Post 1585535)
Larsa is a hideous monster created using Yuna´s X-2 happiness, Rinoa´s passion, Cid Kramer´s love for his work and Beatrix´s notion of Justice. Not to forget Garnet´s desire to understand what everything is about and the way to find a peaceful agreement between the parties.

I fail to see how this makes him a hideous monster but apart from that, everything matches. Thx :D

Kiss-Bite 18-02-07 22:42

Only four days left now until I can get Final Fantasy 12!!!:jmp: :jmp: :jmp: I'm very excited!:D It has been years since a new FF game, not incl X2 & XI.

Yuna´s Wish 19-02-07 02:03

I killed Omega Weapon :jmp: It was a bit disappointing...FFVIII´s and FFIX´s most powerful monsters are not that powerful...Omega and Ozma are pathetic when I compare them with the Dark Aeons, Penance, or many of the XII´s final optional enemies.

Megalith 19-02-07 07:51

I was thinking that now that everybody gets his/her own copy in a few days,we must not forget to mention **spoilers** in our posts title.:)

Edit:Kotaku posted 2 gameplay trailers from FFXII Revenant Wings.Enjoy!
http://kotaku.com/gaming/final-fanta...lay-237665.php

Edit2:News and a new screenshot of FF XIII's character Lightning:
http://www.eyesonff.com/

ivannnnn 19-02-07 08:49

Ff X-2

IT'S ABOUT FF X-2

what is your fave dresspheres?? :D

Legend of Lara 19-02-07 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivannnnn (Post 1586708)
IT'S ABOUT FF X-2

what is your fave dresspheres?? :D

I equipped Yuna, Rikku and Paine with the Gunner sphere. :) It's effective and you learn abilities lightning fast. :jmp:

It's ineffective. Songstress - Gun Mage - Black Mage FTW.