www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Final Fantasy Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=86691)

Hyper_Crazy 03-07-07 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmericanAssassin (Post 1938918)
Jeez... I don't usually play games 10 hours straight... What about when I get hurt? I won't be able to afford enough potions for 10 hours worth of play, will I?

Also, should I load up on good weapons before I enter the Rabanastre Palace?

Buy Cure, and potions don't cost that much, if you're training you should get enough loot to sell for a reasonable price. ;)

Umm, not too sure, I did load up on good weapons at that time, but they were exactly the same as my previous ones.

*SPOILERS* I would stock up on potions as there is quite a long journey ahead of you, and I don't recall there being any shops, oh wait, there was 1 I think.

AmericanAssassin 03-07-07 19:07

Why do I need "cure"? Oh jeez... what's going to happen?

Hyper_Crazy 03-07-07 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmericanAssassin (Post 1938929)
Why do I need "cure"? Oh jeez... what's going to happen?

Cure is a magick, it heals you, you know, use it when your HP is low, like a potion. Make sure you aquire the license for it first.

Alive_and_Funky 03-07-07 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmericanAssassin (Post 1938912)
:yik: Levels 25 - 30?! That's going to take forever!

Five of my party members are at level 25, and I've been playing for around 38 hours.

By the way, First Aid can prove to be a handy Technick.

AmericanAssassin 03-07-07 19:11

What's the difference between "cure" and "first aid"?

Alive_and_Funky 03-07-07 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmericanAssassin (Post 1938936)
What's the difference between "cure" and "first aid"?

Cure is a Magick which you can use at anytime (as long as you have enough MP). You can only use First Aid when one of your party members is at critical health, but it doesn't use up any MP due to it being a Technick.

AmericanAssassin 03-07-07 19:23

Okay then, everybody. You can expect an update from me a few hours from now... I'm off to adventure! :D

EDIT: Here's an interesting article segment I found at 1up.com...

Quote:

Square Enix's latest Final Fantasy XIII projects Fabula Nova Crystallis seems to be taking a bolder step perhaps blurring the lines between RPG and action game. Final Fantasy XIII producer Yoshinori Kitase comments, "in [Final Fantasy XIII], there is drama even in just a swing of the sword. How many enemies are there in the direction you are swinging? Are there differences in reaction depending on which enemy you attack? Will the enemy take the blow or leave unwounded after the attack? Just selecting the "Attack" command will become interesting. With next generation technology, RPGs will require real time elements like those of action games." Meanwhile Final Fantasy Versus XIII director Tetsuya Nomura, explains that the game "will be very action oriented, where players will feel more engaged in the battle rather than just watching it unfold. While retaining the Final Fantasy style, our goal is to deliver the excitement and immersion like you would in a third person shooter. In that sense, it will be a different type of game from the previous Final Fantasy games.
I'm liking the sound of it. Gameplay excitement of a shooter, while retaining classic elements of fighting. :cln:

nightwishgirl84 04-07-07 09:23

that does sounds cool AA !!
i can't wait for the new games.

kryptonite23 04-07-07 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmericanAssassin (Post 1938912)
:yik: Levels 25 - 30?! That's going to take forever!

My cousin only did that for 1 week.:confused:

nightwishgirl84 04-07-07 14:33

ahem some golden amulets help too....
you can level up quickly early on,but it can be tricky.
ohhh this makes me wanna play it all over again....

Reggie 04-07-07 15:38

Quote:

Tetsuya Nomura, explains that the game "will be very action oriented, where players will feel more engaged in the battle rather than just watching it unfold.
I really hope so. I don't want to end up sitting there literally with the characters on auto pilot during battle.

FFXIII seems to be shaping up very nicely. So far everything I've heard is positive and I'm ready to give it a chance :)

yuppymunch 05-07-07 09:57

ok as i have said before one here, i am new to ALL ff game, and i am currently playing FF XII.

i am 12 hour into the me, and so far.. no aeons!!

is there any? are there summoners?!

nightwishgirl84 05-07-07 10:02

they are called espers and yes,there are plenty of them (many optional) !!
you choose who'll become the summoner for each esper in the licencegrid.
there are 13 in total :)

yuppymunch 05-07-07 10:05

ooooooooooo ok i was getting worried cos thats what i loved in FFX

nightwishgirl84 05-07-07 10:09

i have some nice high quality pics of 4 espers.
want me to post them???
i won't do it unless you say yes cause they are spoilers afterall :)
i don't want to ruin that for you.

yuppymunch 05-07-07 17:55

HEY! yeah POST EM!! well, not all of em, like the first couple you get or something!! im excited now!! YAAAAAAAAA!:jmp:

nightwishgirl84 05-07-07 20:00

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6..._screen023.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6..._screen024.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6..._screen025.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6..._screen026.jpg

that's all the pic i have of espers :(

Forwen 05-07-07 20:11

Does anyone actually know where is Mateus in Mateus Esper? Is it that chunk of... chitin holding the spear or what?

Heheh, such a video had to be committed sooner or later:

yuppymunch 06-07-07 08:37

oh they're cool!!

but, i did like valefor!! i mean, the second esper.. its a bit.. well , michelin man- esque...!!

besides him, the others are wicked!:tea:

yuppymunch 06-07-07 08:42

OH YEAHand, just some more help..:confused:

i am at the part (FFXII) where you are in the ship bit, tryin to save penelo.. i just wanted to know what are good levelsto have everyone at, at this point in the game! cos i know its good to level up as much as possible. Vaan is at 12, as are everyone else in my party.should i have made them higher? or is it ok!

i hope this message made sence!

nightwishgirl84 06-07-07 10:19

level 12 is a bit low really.
leveling up early in the game is better.
i just started playing XII again and i've just arrived at Barnheim Passage after leaving the dungeon,and i'm at levels 12.
i think you should level up just a tad bit more (to level 15??) but according to the guide level 11 is reccomended at the Dreadnaught Leviathan,but higher is always better imo !!

yuppymunch 06-07-07 12:46

thanks night wish! you are like, my FF guide!!

nightwishgirl84 07-07-07 09:25

yesteday i had a rare game i never had before called the Ripe Rampager :)
Mandragora's are so cute !!

yuppymunch 08-07-07 21:16

ARGH! well i cant get out of this bit i'm in (the ship thing saving ashe.. )(think i said penelo before, but im saving ashe now!) and i swear its taking hours to level up! i played for an hour and no one leveled up! frustrating alert!!

nightwishgirl84 09-07-07 09:34

what levels are you people now ??
leveling up takes allot time unfortunatly !!

yuppymunch 09-07-07 09:48

yeah your telling me!! they are all at 12 except vaan who is 13

SoulReaver74 10-07-07 10:48

Finished FFXII some time ago levelled everyone into the high 80's to challenge the big boy's Omega an Yiazimat i think thats how you spell it, and the desire to play left me, over 100 Hrs of dedication and i can't be bothered the rewards for me weren't worth it, i suppose the thrill of defeating them would be enough i just don't fancy fighting them especially Yiazimat for 7 plus hours, anyway the game absolutly rocks and the experience will stay with me for a long time to come. :)

biohazard1379 10-07-07 13:38

Hey guys is FF12 worth $44.99? Once I finish X-2 I wanna get it. :D

Yunaīs Wish 10-07-07 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by biohazard1379 (Post 1950051)

It actually depends on you. There are many discussions about FFXII among FF fans...personally, I find it quite fun while the fun lasts (donīt play another game in the process because youīll certainly leave it forgotten). Itīs quite a nice game, its gameplay is enjoyable (the best of the FF series IMO) and quite addictive but itīs very difficult to play again once you stop for a while.
I donīt like the characters (though the female protagonist is the most beautiful character of the series, even more than Yuna -she is the one of my avatar-) and the plot is not like any FF before (itīs the typical War plot). Still, that might be what youīre looking for. I wonīt recommend it because it depends on your taste...

nightwishgirl84 12-07-07 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by biohazard1379 (Post 1950051)

if you like political intrigue and lots of action this is for you.
i love this game but as Yuna's Wish said it's hard to recommend cause it is different from the other ff games.
i say yes,it's worth the $$ but you might think differently.

biohazard1379 16-07-07 13:03

Thx for the info guys I ended up getting it but I haven't played it yet, tonight though for sure. :D

nightwishgirl84 16-07-07 13:58

i'm sure you'll have loads of fun !!

i bought a FF X-2 guide on friday,i'll be playing it again soon,this time with some more knowledge about the game and it's system.
it was only 15.00 euro's for the piggyback guide.
i also got one for Kingdom Hearts 2,at the same price :)

Tomb Raider 5194 18-07-07 19:47

I think this is the perfect opportunity to bring back this thread to the first page, I want more discussing :D.

There is a rumored to be box art of FFVII Crisis Core and I thought I would share it with you guys since it looks cool :p, but it might not be the final version.

[IMG]http://i7.************/4zxbazr.jpg[/IMG]

From ffinsider.

Trigger_happy 18-07-07 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightwishgirl84 (Post 1962634)
i'm sure you'll have loads of fun !!

i bought a FF X-2 guide on friday,i'll be playing it again soon,this time with some more knowledge about the game and it's system.

Its a great guide: nice and colourful, full of drawings, stats and helpful hints. The bad side is the Boss battle "Help", which is basically, hit it until it dies, while using cure to heal your self. I still have to consult a web guide for some of the trickier battles.

AmericanAssassin 18-07-07 23:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomb Raider 5194 (Post 1967674)
I think this is the perfect opportunity to bring back this thread to the first page, I want more discussing :D.

There is a rumored to be box art of FFVII Crisis Core and I thought I would share it with you guys since it looks cool :p, but it might not be the final version.

[IMG]http://i7.************/4zxbazr.jpg[/IMG]

From ffinsider.

Hmmm... I'd rather his head not be cut off... :p It looks kinda fake, if you ask me...

Hyper_Crazy 18-07-07 23:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmericanAssassin (Post 1968255)
Hmmm... I'd rather his head not be cut off... :p

Lol, exactly.

Tomb Raider 5194 18-07-07 23:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmericanAssassin (Post 1968255)
Hmmm... I'd rather his head not be cut off... :p It looks kinda fake, if you ask me...

Lol well yeah it would look cooler if his head was in the cover :p, but the final version might look 10 times better :D.

biohazard1379 19-07-07 02:54

Cloud? lol :D

Fraaadrik 19-07-07 03:27

nvm

Tomb Raider 5194 19-07-07 03:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraaadrik (Post 1968499)
That cover looks barely decent in my opinion, I don't like that his head is cut off and they should colour it. :p

Maybe it was made black and white to give that dramatic feel lol :D, but now that you mention it might look better if it was in color.

And there is a limited edition Crisis Core PSP Slim that looks very nice :D.

http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ccpspks7.jpg