Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Mickybyrne20 26-07-18 21:30

[QUOTE=Legends;7936478][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=4][COLOR=#003F7E][I]Except hire them as writers, then get someone else to make the game. [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE] Let's get Amy hennig involved. It's her destiny.

Evan C. 26-07-18 21:33

[QUOTE=Yeauxleaux;7936469]Disappointing really. I suppose that means we're going back to confusion about what they want for Lara and the series, and thus a heavily watered-down Lara with no defining traits again.

I really don't want that. Can EM just stick around please?[/QUOTE]

For me, it's a natural transition. With this generation coming to an end -or at least, a new one on the horizon- they need to prepare a new concept for the game. I would love to have Shadow as the last Tomb Raider of this generation and keep the game alive with DLC. Maybe giving the game 3-4 years before the other one is a good thing for the franchise, hopefully with great reviews on the back of SOTR.

Legends 26-07-18 21:34

[QUOTE=Mickybyrne20;7936480]Let's get Amy hennig involved. It's her destiny.[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=4][COLOR=#003F7E][I]I'm actually not that familiar with her. I know she worked at Naughty Dog and was part of the first three Uncharted games, but I don't know to what extent. Did she write the story? Characters?[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Yeauxleaux 26-07-18 21:36

[QUOTE=Mickybyrne20;7936480]Let's get Amy hennig involved. It's her destiny.[/QUOTE]That I would be cool with, she's amazing.

Ironically I find it weird that ND apparently pushed their prominent female creative director out. Then in the next breath, they're grandstanding talking about supporting Anita Sarkeesian and feminism in gaming, and going to that [U]above and beyond[/U] effort to desexualise their females by making them outright masculine. Bizarre, but oh well that's another topic for another thread anyway.

Really though I just want a writer who actually seriously cares about Lara, and when I say Lara I mean [U][B]Lara[/B][/U], who wants to bring back a fleshed out authentic version of that old character.

Samz 26-07-18 21:37

[QUOTE=Legends;7936483][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=4][COLOR=#003F7E][I]I'm actually not that familiar with her. I know she worked at Naughty Dog and was part of the first three Uncharted games, but I don't know to what extent. Did she write the story? Characters?[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Just get everyone who wrote Legend, that was a good story with an ACTUALLY relatable Lara on her own personality traits, not "OH MY GOD IM A FRESHOUTOFCOLALGE GIRL WITH DADDY ISSUES TOO"! who only showed amazement when it was actually amazing to the player as well.

Also she used "Tourists" as an insult and that was just adorable and I'm sad it wasn't in Anniversary and Underworld.

Mikky 26-07-18 21:37

[QUOTE=JuditePrince12;7936449]Lol Shadow better have the ending of all endings.[/QUOTE]

From the moment the game was announced, I always imagined the game to have a very "Rise" kind of ending, with her walking off into the distance with some monologue about her fulfilling her destiny and so on. With the way they've been marketing the game, I would be very surprised if it has more substance than that. But I suppose it's more about the journey than the destination... right?

[QUOTE=Legends;7936452]:ponder:

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=4][COLOR=#003F7E][I]What does this actually mean? How am I supposed to interpret this? If this is the case we can't have seen any footage of it yet? [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

That part in particular is just the author of the article making assumptions. I don't think this Lara will ever (or could) evolve into a backflipping cashier, let alone a "badass".

[quote][FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=4][COLOR=#003F7E][I]I'm curious to see what they are doing with this story. They just can't talk about anything other than what Lara is 'becoming' so... [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Did he just say "blah blah blah" while explaining the values of the classics? Wow, such respect for the roots of the series. :p

NoahCrofRaider 26-07-18 21:37

I don’t want EM to leave after Shadow. :( That would suck big time. They’ve done such a remarkable job. I hope they’re just talking about a big hiatus.

Rai 26-07-18 21:43

[QUOTE=FanosCroft;7936448][url]www.gamesradar.com/you-cant-kill-lara-croft-eidos-montreals-boss-on-completing-a-trilogy-with-shadow-of-the-tomb-raider/[/url] did they just said they have no plans for a next game after this?[/QUOTE]

Yet. They did say yet. Fairly easy to understand why. There's still several dlc to prepare for, though they probably have started on that, it means they're still concentrating on Shadow for the time being. Additionally, Crystal may have had a lot to do with the preparation of the trilogy, like concepts etc before EM stepped in to lead the finale. So it could be that Crystal will take the lead for the preparation for the next game. They could take it in turns to lead. EM and CD both have other projects they want to concentrate on for a while. The reboot trilogy has a lot of similarities gameplay-wise, which I think is natural, what with the 'survival lens' that led the direction. Even though they have said future games will still feature reboot Lara, I guess they have to find a way to continue with her while keeping gameplay fresh and that showcases her as a fully-fledged Tomb Raider rather than someone who is 'becoming...'. They're not about to say they have plans for another game when they're promoting Shadow. If they said 'yeah, we have plans' this could lead to more questions. They need to show they're still fully concentrating on the current game as well.

[QUOTE=iWANEX;7936450]To me it sounds like EM is behind Shadow because CD was busy with the Avengers game and wasn’t fully available. Their involvement with the franchise is probably temporary. For the next game we will most likely have CD again or a completely new studio. That would be interesting but also very scary.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think it's likely that Crystal just didn't have the numbers to lead on Shadow, so EM took the load off. I don't see a whole new studio taking over unless Shadow fails and SE decide CD and EM need a break as a result.

Legends 26-07-18 21:47

[QUOTE=Yeauxleaux;7936484]Really though I just want a writer who actually [B]seriously cares about Lara[/B], and when I say Lara I mean [U][B]Lara[/B][/U], who wants to bring back a fleshed out [B]authentic version of that old character.[/B][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=4][COLOR=#003F7E][I]Couldn't agree more! :tmb: [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Samz;7936485]Just get everyone who wrote Legend, that was a good story with an ACTUALLY relatable Lara on her own personality traits, not "OH MY GOD IM A FRESHOUTOFCOLALGE GIRL WITH DADDY ISSUES TOO"! who only showed amazement when it was actually amazing to the player as well.

Also she used "Tourists" as an insult and that was just adorable and I'm sad it wasn't in Anniversary and Underworld.[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=4][COLOR=#003F7E][I]They will never get those people back, not that I even know those people are. Maybe I've learned it in the past, but I've forgotten. Anyway, I'll take Legend Lara back in heartbeat if I could. I loved Legend Lara's awe of everything. Makes me want to go outside and do spiritual things. [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Mikky;7936486]
That part in particular is just the author of the article making assumptions. I don't think this Lara will ever (or could) evolve into a backflipping cashier, let alone a "badass".

Did he just say "blah blah blah" while explaining the values of the classics? Wow, such respect for the roots of the series. :p[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][SIZE=4][COLOR=#003F7E][I]It's just odd things to say. I don't think Laura could evolve into anything, I just don't see it. So it'll be interesting to see what the arc turns out to be... :whi: [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

biscuits 26-07-18 21:48

I doubt EM will stick around with Tomb Raider. They have their own franchise to work on, not to mention the Guardians game. You'd be stupid if you don't think that Square will jump on the Cyberpunk 2077 bandwagon by releasing another Deus Ex game.

We're probably looking at a loooong hiatus. I don't mind that one bit.