www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Future of Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Tomb Raider Reboot Trilogy for the Switch? (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=222958)

SoraSakai 13-06-19 00:03

Tomb Raider Reboot Trilogy for the Switch?

So quite a few interesting games are being ported for the Switch.

Alien Isolation, Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice, Doom Eternal, Wolfenstein Youngblood, The Witcher 3: Complete Edition.

Would anyone be interested if they made a trilogy set of the reboot Tomb Raider games for the Switch?

13 and Rise have 360 versions so they’d be easy to port. Shadow would be trickier but theyd just need to remove some shadows and possibly change Lara’s hair back to the mesh they used for Rise’s 360 port and I can see it being do-able.

Any Switch owners want this?

Legends 13-06-19 00:24

I'd take the lau trilogy, but not the reboot. I don't think there is much interest for either on the Switch though.

SoraSakai 13-06-19 00:35

They should do it just for me :(

scremanie 13-06-19 02:38

I would love that. Heck, I’d even settle for TRL/TRA/TRU on the Switch. :p

malferink 13-06-19 02:40

I'd buy it in an instant.

NoahCrofRaider 13-06-19 03:02

I want ALL TR games on Switch. AoD isn’t as big of a deal (unless they had all the amazing fan patches), but having all of them with easy access would be really great still.

Maverin 13-06-19 05:56

I don't own a switch and I won't buy one so of course I don't really need to see them ported either. I don't think the console is strong enough to handle titles as big as the reboot trilogy but who knows. Playing them with terrible graphics and lag spikes won't be very fun I assume.

Here's hoping you get it someday :brofist:

SoraSakai 13-06-19 06:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverin (Post 8099773)
I don't own a switch and I won't buy one so of course I don't really need to see them ported either. I don't think the console is strong enough to handle titles as big as the reboot trilogy but who knows. Playing them with terrible graphics and lag spikes won't be very fun I assume.

Here's hoping you get it someday :brofist:

Judging by that comment it’s very apparent you don’t even know what a Nintendo Switch is or what games are on it.

Maverin 13-06-19 07:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoraSakai (Post 8099777)
Judging by that comment it’s very apparent you don’t even know what a Nintendo Switch is or what games are on it.

Of course I know what it is. I've seen some impressive footage of Zelda. But it's still nowhere as powerful as other consoles.
It's something Nintendo's known for, they don't bring out the most powerful hardware but they do have extremely big and popular titles like Pokémon, Mario, Zelda, Kirby, etc.

I just watched this video and although the games look really impressive, I still don't think it'd be able to run Shadow smoothly without a lot of sacrifices graphically. Doesn't mean I'm against a Switch port, it just won't be my cup of tea.

SoraSakai 13-06-19 07:18

It already has plenty of well done ports from games on better (graphically more capable) consoles.

Doom 2016, Wolfenstein New Colossus, Outlast 1&2, The Witcher 3, Dark Souls Remastered, Crash N Sane Trilogy. The list goes on.

Will the game run as beautifully as the PS4 version or XBOX ONE version? But it can definitely done and still be made to look amazing.

killchan 13-06-19 07:21

I'm gonna buy a Switch at some point... for the exclusives.

I never play outside (that would defeat the purpose of going outside :tea: ) so if I wanted to play those games on a mobile device, I would have bought a Nvidia Shield Tablet and connect that to my PC, or bought the vastly inferior PS4 version of those games so that I can stream those to my PSVita.

Vaskito 13-06-19 07:51

I wish I had a Switch, to play some of the Nintendo games. But it's way too expensive, and I'm not a console guy tbh

biscuits 13-06-19 08:39

Sure, why not. It's good for extra money.

Portugalraider 13-06-19 09:36

I'd love it, really. Portable Tomb Raider? Sign me in!

TReboot and RotTR already have last gen versions to work with, with they want to be lazier, but even porting SotTR doesn't seem to much of a stress, if they were able to port RotTR to the much less powerful XB360.

The only real problem I can see is Paititi due to its large size and possible data streaming problems. But if The Witcher 3 can come to the Switch, with some clever work you have Paititi running on Switch as well :)

TRExpertgamer 17-06-19 04:30

I certainly don't ever want for the reboot trilogy to get developed for the nintendo switch because I certainly don't even care about any nintendo products anyway.

SoraSakai 17-06-19 05:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer (Post 8101109)
I certainly don't ever want for the reboot trilogy to get developed for the nintendo switch because I certainly don't even care about any nintendo products anyway.

If you’re not going to expend any effort towards making sense, then I’m not going to go the extra mile to read what you write.

tomee 17-06-19 08:32

Sure, why not? I don't have The Switch, but it's a pretty popular console, from what I gather and extra sales never hurt (assuming porting the game isn't too expensive). It's a bummer that third party developers are just starting to support Nintendo again finally and they'll have to stop once again when the PS5/Xbox2 hit stores next year. I don't understand why Nintendo won't harmonize their console generations to them.

killchan 17-06-19 09:22

according to rumors, a more powerful switch is in production.

Portugalraider 17-06-19 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by killchan (Post 8101144)
according to rumors, a more powerful switch is in production.

Not that much powerful though, it's more of a revision like the DSi and New 3DS were to the the original DS and 3DS.

Of course work on the Switch 2 is definitely happening as well, but I guess we might still be some 2-3 years away of that happening.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomee (Post 8101131)
Sure, why not? I don't have The Switch, but it's a pretty popular console, from what I gather and extra sales never hurt (assuming porting the game isn't too expensive). It's a bummer that third party developers are just starting to support Nintendo again finally and they'll have to stop once again when the PS5/Xbox2 hit stores next year. I don't understand why Nintendo won't harmonize their console generations to them.

When they were doing more traditional consoles, especially for the Wii-u yes, it was a bit mind-boggling why they didn't invest in more powerful hardware. However, with the conversion of they home console and handheld devices, it makes more sense: you need to have low power consumptions for handheld. Still, the Switch is been doing way more than one could imagine with the specs it actually has. I assume the same thing will happen with its successor.

TRExpertgamer 17-06-19 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoraSakai (Post 8101116)
If you’re not going to expend any effort towards making sense, then I’m not going to go the extra mile to read what you write.

I'm voicing out my own opinion just so you know so therefore, I absoluetly won't like the idea to get the reboot trilogy developed for the switch because it will all might have such different functionality and everything on how they would develop it for the nintendo switch. Plus nor am I even a fan of nintendo switch either to the point that I certainly won't even bother of getting that crap at all from my own opinion.

SoraSakai 17-06-19 23:10

What did I just say?

Rai 17-06-19 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoraSakai (Post 8101517)
What did I just say?

You know it's beginning to look like you're following TRExpertgamer around to to tell him you don't understand him. If true, please don't. If I'm wrong and misunderstood your intentions, then I apologise in advance.

SoraSakai 17-06-19 23:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 8101528)
You know it's beginning to look like you're following TRExpertgamer around to to tell him you don't understand him. If true, please don't. If I'm wrong and misunderstood your intentions, then I apologise in advance.

I opened this thread.

So yeah.

You’re wrong.

Rai 17-06-19 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoraSakai (Post 8101531)
I opened this thread.

So yeah.

You’re wrong.

You opened the thread, that does not give you the right to talk to other members the way you come off as doing for their posting style. I'm pleased I was wrong in this instance.

SoraSakai 17-06-19 23:45

It’s just frustration then I guess. They replied to about 90% of all the threads I just happen to read.

In all of them it was just big chunk paragraphs of stuff I couldn’t understand.

I guess I’ll just try to refrain from replying to something unless I understood it. Thank you for putting me in my place and letting me know.

TRExpertgamer 18-06-19 02:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 8101528)

You're absolutely 100% right about it because it's all certainly an opinion about what I'm saying. Therefore as in MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION, I really think all the rest of the functionality that's been developed for the current platforms that they developed won't look like the same way as it used to be. Plus not only that, nor do I even want a nintendo switch because I'm absolutely never a fan of it at all.

charmedangelin 18-06-19 03:59

Hmm....if you don't care of the Switch or Nintendo products then why would care either way? Honestly it seems a bit more of an edgy kind of thing since many people are crazy about the Switch given how riddiculessly successful it is.

SoraSakai 18-06-19 04:19

Charmed... trust me. There’s no point. You’re only about to leap into a gaping rabbit hole of confusion and nonsense lol

charmedangelin 18-06-19 04:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoraSakai (Post 8101609)
Charmed... trust me. There’s no point. You’re only about to leap into a gaping rabbit hole of confusion and nonsense lol

In any case if they can port Hellblade and the Witcher to switch then why not reboot? Rise was on the 360 after all and Shadows graphics are pretty smoothed out enough to where you wouldn't really notice too much if they were to downgrade some of the graphic fidelity of the game.

Would I buy it? Maybe, I've kinda been re-buying everything else I have on steam for switch. I'm sure a lot of people would, and alot of new fans would be exposed to the franchise as a whole if they did.

Speaking of the Switch didn't one of the CD developers say they thought it would be a cool idea if the LC series games was on Switch? I definitely would buy the LC games on Switch if they were ported as they'd perfectly work on that system.

Edit

Sorry I have no idea what my phone's auto correct is doing. :vlol:

TRExpertgamer 23-06-19 02:23

I sure certainly am leaving this thread anyway. -__-

scremanie 23-06-19 03:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by charmedangelin (Post 8101615)
In any case if they can port Hellblade and the Witcher to switch then why not reboot? Rise was on the 360 after all and Shadows graphics are pretty smoothed out enough to where you wouldn't really notice too much if they were to downgrade some of the graphic fidelity of the game.

Would I buy it? Maybe, I've kinda been re-buying everything else I have on steam for switch. I'm sure a lot of people would, and alot of new fans would be exposed to the franchise as a whole if they did.

Speaking of the Switch didn't one of the CD developers say they thought it would be a cool idea if the LC series games was on Switch? I definitely would buy the LC games on Switch if they were ported as they'd perfectly work on that system.

Edit

Sorry I have no idea what my phone's auto correct is doing. :vlol:

Lara Croft Go would be great on the switch!

TR1249 23-06-19 09:06

A Modder made it possible to run PC Games on the Switch

https://twitter.com/switchroot_org/s...638103554?s=19

Including a certain Reboot Game :p

https://twitter.com/switchroot_org/s...852120576?s=19

tomee 23-06-19 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by TR1249 (Post 8103426)

If some modder at home could do it, then a dedicated video game developing studio certainly SHOULD be able to port these with ease.

SoraSakai 23-06-19 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by TR1249 (Post 8103426)

Very awesome!

Not too surprising either. The NVIDIA Shield runs TR2013 natively at Max Settings (save for hair quality), and it uses the same chipset as the switch. Porting it would use such minimal work.

I can even imagine the announcement on a Nintendo Direct.

“A survivor is born...”

Cut to footage of the game.

“Discover the secrets of Yamatai when Tomb Raider arrives on the Nintendo Switch later this year.”

Come onnnnnnnn make it happpennnnnn

AimlessThunder 25-06-19 12:38

Yes.

That would be epic Sora.

They can easily port all three games to the Switch along with some classics remasters :whi:.