Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider on Mobile (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Do you still play Relic Run? (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=220001)

Kidd Bowyer 17-05-20 21:45

I first played about a week ago, and I'm kind of torn.

On one hand, the graphics are decent, and it's kinda fun to play on public transit, or while using the restroom.

On the other hand, there's a severe difficulty spike about....20 levels in, I think? It becomes increasingly obvious that it's one of [I]those[/I] F2P games that's gonna do whatever it can to stop you from progressing without spending real cash.

Or maybe I'm just bad at it, who knows?

CheshireBitch 18-05-20 07:52

[QUOTE=Kidd Bowyer;8198275]I first played about a week ago, and I'm kind of torn.

On one hand, the graphics are decent, and it's kinda fun to play on public transit, or while using the restroom.

On the other hand, there's a severe difficulty spike about....20 levels in, I think? It becomes increasingly obvious that it's one of [I]those[/I] F2P games that's gonna do whatever it can to stop you from progressing without spending real cash.

Or maybe I'm just bad at it, who knows?[/QUOTE]

Well no offense but you may need to get better at it yes. I finished the game and unlocked every upgrades and outfit without spending real cash a few years ago. If you become really good at it and spend the coins you got in your runs wisely it's clearly a game you can finish without paying. In the unlimited runs I even did some where I got 100+ diamonds in a single run.
Once you know the tracks and dying spots, where ennemies spaws,... it's not that hard.

Amunet 18-05-20 09:22

I played this some years ago but accidentally deleted all my progress and I just wasn't in the mood to start it all over so I never touched it again... :o

Kidd Bowyer 18-05-20 16:23

[QUOTE=CheshireBitch;8198320]Well no offense but you may need to get better at it yes. I finished the game and unlocked every upgrades and outfit without spending real cash a few years ago. If you become really good at it and spend the coins you got in your runs wisely it's clearly a game you can finish without paying. In the unlimited runs I even did some where I got 100+ diamonds in a single run.
Once you know the tracks and dying spots, where ennemies spaws,... it's not that hard.[/QUOTE]

That's totally fine, I'm not upset. To be honest, the only mobile games I've put much time into are [I]Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp[/I] and [I]Mystic Messenger[/I]. I'm [i]aware[/i] that [I]Relic Run[/I]'s heavily based on [I]Temple Run[/I], but having never played that game, this stuff's all new to me.

I guess I'll put some more time into practicing. :)

AndriyRaider_ 18-05-20 18:42

[QUOTE=Amunet;8198327]I played this some years ago but accidentally deleted all my progress and I just wasn't in the mood to start it all over so I never touched it again... :o[/QUOTE]

^ Same :o,Unfortunately the game still hasn't updated and continues to crash on my Iphone 7 :(

Titak 19-05-20 08:12

[QUOTE=CheshireBitch;8198320]Well no offense but you may need to get better at it yes. I finished the game and unlocked every upgrades and outfit without spending real cash a few years ago. If you become really good at it and spend the coins you got in your runs wisely it's clearly a game you can finish without paying. In the unlimited runs I even did some where I got 100+ diamonds in a single run.
Once you know the tracks and dying spots, where ennemies spaws,... it's not that hard.[/QUOTE]This.

It is just sooo annoying that the game kept deleting my progress on my phone.
So I've recently been playing it again through Bluestacks on my PC. :D

Kubsy 19-05-20 11:44

I was thinking of installing it again, but at the same time I feel like I don't want to because the last time I checked, it wass't updated for like a year and a half.

UroshUchiha 20-05-20 16:26

Last time I played this game was almost 2 years ago I think? And even when I did play it, I downloaded the modded APK that gives me stuff to skip the annoying grind which is not my cup of tea. If I didn't use the mod I probably never would have bothered to finish the game.

GabrielCroft 23-05-20 15:24

I downloaded it again these days and I was so shocked by how the graphics suffered a downgrade... Or is just the brightness? I don't know, but it's horrible. They need to fix this ASAP.

ANoDE 23-05-20 18:53

[QUOTE=UroshUchiha;8198958]Last time I played this game was almost 2 years ago I think? And even when I did play it, I downloaded the modded APK that gives me stuff to skip the annoying grind which is not my cup of tea. If I didn't use the mod I probably never would have bothered to finish the game.[/QUOTE]

There's a mod that can limit the grind? Good to know!
I played the game a few years back and stopped because of the horrible upgrade and items-system. It just stopped being fun at some point.