www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

E.Carnby 13-08-18 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 7948961)
Maybe this is the studio that will work on the heavily rumoured AoD remake.

Now they are helping with The Avengers what I read. But what Legacy of Kain?

Mikky 13-08-18 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by E.Carnby (Post 7948966)
Now they are helping with The Avengers what I read.

"The Avengers" is just the code name for the AoD remake.

amiro1989 13-08-18 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 7948961)
Maybe this is the studio that will work on the heavily rumoured AoD remake.

Where was this suggested?

^Oh I see, you're trolling.

Portugalraider 13-08-18 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWETombRaider (Post 7948919)
I wonder if it's difficult to optimize the games for the Switch? :ponder: As for the in-game currency, maybe they'll bring back the card packs they had in Rise...

Yes and no.

Yes because, even if Nintendo markets it as a home console, it's still basically a (very powerful) handheld device. So games really heavy especially on CPU power and RAM can get very tricky to get running on it.

The engine the game runs can also be a blessing or a problem. If it already has native support for the switch and/or has great scalability, then in might be easier to port for it (example: both Doom and Wolfenstein II are on the Switch, and Doom Eternal is also coming to it). But if it has not and/or is a very difficult engine to use, then it can also be a problem to put a game on the Switch.

But it's architecture is actually very modern and easy to develop for. I would say that the biggest problem regarding SotTR one the Switch is that the engine may lack Switch support, since it's obviously scalable and easy to use (it's the same engine used since TRL, and RotTR was in XB360, and is one of the best down ports out there).

Shame, I bet that Nixxes or Panic Button could have do wonders with a SotTR port on the Switch.

WWETombRaider 13-08-18 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugalraider (Post 7948972)
Yes and no.

Yes because, even if Nintendo markets it as a home console, it's still basically a (very powerful) handheld device. So games really heavy especially on CPU power and RAM can get very tricky to get running on it.

The engine the game runs can also be a blessing or a problem. If it already has native support for the switch and/or has great scalability, then in might be easier to port for it (example: both Doom and Wolfenstein II are on the Switch, and Doom Eternal is also coming to it). But if it has not and/or is a very difficult engine to use, then it can also be a problem to put a game on the Switch.

But it's architecture is actually very modern and easy to develop for. I would say that the biggest problem regarding SotTR one the Switch is that the engine may lack Switch support, since it's obviously scalable and easy to use (it's the same engine used since TRL, and RotTR was in XB360, and is one of the best down ports out there).

Shame, I bet that Nixxes or Panic Button could have do wonders with a SotTR port on the Switch.

That's interesting. I think SE knows it would be silly to leave potential money on the table, so they probably thought the costs outweigh the benefits. Although it would be nice if they manage to do so, but I gotta wonder if TR has an Nintendo audience to sell the games to.

Mr GaGa 13-08-18 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emix (Post 7948834)
So Spider-Man got another trailer today. That's 2nd trailer since E3.
Since E3 Shadow got... none.

We literally just got 30 minutes of gameplay a few days back, 5 different woman vs wild video showing different aspects of the game and multiple developer interviews. Plus gamescom is almost here. I think TR is doing good, let Spiderman do spider Man.

Yeauxleaux 13-08-18 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr GaGa (Post 7948990)
We literally just got 30 minutes of gameplay a few days back, 5 different woman vs wild video showing different aspects of the game and multiple developer interviews. Plus gamescom is almost here. I think TR is doing good, let Spiderman do spider Man.

Yeah I kind of felt that way when it was just the E3 footage (which I personally loved, but I could see why people were worried) and the weird exclusive game demo events, it was bizarre, but I do think they've made up for it since. We've also had the Paititi reveal, copious amounts of screens released, there's been many short videos here and there. I'm wondering if it's actually the content that's been shown that people are finding lacklustre, not the quantity of what we've seen.

If they showed anything else at this point, we've probably have like the first 2 hours of the game combined in all the footage we've been shown.

TrustyBow 13-08-18 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emix (Post 7948834)
So Spider-Man got another trailer today. That's 2nd trailer since E3.
Since E3 Shadow got... none.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr GaGa (Post 7948990)
We literally just got 30 minutes of gameplay a few days back, 5 different woman vs wild video showing different aspects of the game and multiple developer interviews. Plus gamescom is almost here. I think TR is doing good, let Spiderman do spider Man.

Yeah, wth? lol We got so much within the last week, between all the gameplay, reactions, WMW, interviews, images, etc.

But yeah, trailers do tend to be more accessible. Shadow's gameplay videos get a decent amount of views but I do feel like it could be more. Part of me really wants to see this game do as well as TR13, but I just don't think the hype will get there. The GamesCon trailer will really be the make or break.

Enya Brennan 13-08-18 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWETombRaider (Post 7948980)
I think SE knows it would be silly to leave potential money on the table, so they probably thought the costs outweigh the benefits.

A special trilogy bundle is probably on its way already. They'll find countless ways to raise revenue and cover money invested in their games.

Maverin 13-08-18 19:32

Has anyone seen this video yet?



It's a review/preview. The commentator makes some very good points, I loved the whole thing. He's very positive about the game and I agreed with almost everything he said. Hopefully, other reviewers and critics will follow the same path of positivism!


All times are GMT. The time now is 16:36.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.