www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

WWETombRaider 19-08-18 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugalraider (Post 7953045)
Hey, I will probably buy this game, Croft edition, on day one. I just don't like pre-order culture :p

And I'm buying Croft Edition because they gave us detailed info on what to expect from the season pack, allied with how they handled the season pass on RotTR. Blood Ties could have easily been outside of it and season pass owners could have needed to buy it as well. It has happened on the industry, unfortunately. But at least with Tomb Raider we know what we are getting and we know that if they decide to extend DLC, it still will be included on iy. :)

At least I hope it remains the same :p

I thought they added Blood Ties because of the exclusivity? :p Either way, hopefully we get a repeat of the same DLC akin to Blood Ties and Baba Yaga. It's nice having it collectively on one.

2001LC20 19-08-18 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samz (Post 7953052)
I am now going to put this video in the comments of every video I see now that calls her "LaUra"

Yeah! Don't forget to put it in YOUR comments too! :o:p

Portugalraider 19-08-18 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWETombRaider (Post 7953054)
I thought they added Blood Ties because of the exclusivity? :p Either way, hopefully we get a repeat of the same DLC akin to Blood Ties and Baba Yaga. It's nice having it collectively on one.

Blood Ties was released the same day the 20th anniversary edition was released. PS4 players would still be at an "advantage" (as much as "having to wait a whole year to have all DLC included" can be seen as an advantage) because it was included on the disk, but SE could have easily decided that everyone else had to pay for it because technically it wasn0t included on the season pass at the beginning. The fact that they didn't is something that unfortunately needs to be praised in this day and age.

SE still has some shady decisions (like the "augment your pre-order" thing in Deus EX, and the "play SotTR" earlier if you pre-order the more expensive versions of the game, which is also a reason I'm not pre-ordering the game), but I think their good decisions should be praised as well.

Lyle Croft 19-08-18 23:00

My ideal Lara after shadow
 
Oh gosh, my photoshop addiction needs to STOP!

It's so fun editing Shadow Lara's face and hair tbh!

I really love the cgi model's face from turning point, so i obviously took a lot of features from that. I wanted a mix of Turning Point + LCToO + Underworld Lara.

And the fringe is underworld and anniversary inspired. With the braid ofc too.

The proportions and perspectives are off, but you know!

old version
https://i.imgur.com/oc9LXwr.png
----

New fixed neck version
Click to view full!
https://i.imgur.com/4oJ6FH1l.png

AntRaidsTombs 19-08-18 23:03

^^^ Looks good, her neck is a tad bit long though.

SpyrosMonster 19-08-18 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrustyBow (Post 7952920)
Well for one, different genres and game styles. Also, I don't see the injuries as cheap tricks. What makes you say that?

I think it's a creative idea. We the players don't want to see Lara injured, so we take our time trying to progress through obstacles instead of carelessly trying to throw ourself into every situation.

Both of them were in the genre of survival and the game styles are not that far away from each other. The problem is that Joel's injury had the impact they wanted to have. It took months to heal (as it should've). Lara's is more handled as a shock factor and then you just move on. You brush it off but jumping, fighting and climbing until you reach shantytown where the game needs to reminds you that you have a wound from the beginning of the game.

I get that you felt for Lara but if we look at it objectively, then it's easy to tell which one is more impactful as a whole.

Lyle Croft 19-08-18 23:05

delete please.

Vaskito 19-08-18 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyle Croft (Post 7953091)
Oh gosh, my photoshop addiction needs to STOP!

It's so fun editing Shadow Lara's face and hair tbh!

I really love the cgi model's face from turning point, so i obviously took a lot of features from that. I wanted a mix of Turning Point + LCToO + Underworld Lara.

And the fringe is underworld and anniversary inspired. With the braid ofc too.

The proportions and perspectives are off, but you know!

old version
https://i.imgur.com/oc9LXwr.png
----

New fixed neck version
Click to view full!
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/4oJ6FH1l.png[IMG]

Donít take offense, but it is a huge NO from me. It just looks way too weird, and her head is wha too thin on the edit

Lyle Croft 19-08-18 23:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 7953103)
Donít take offense, but it is a huge NO from me. It just looks way too weird, and her head is wha too thin on the edit

Yeah. I probs have to widen it a bit

VictorXD 19-08-18 23:53

I prefer it like that, I can't help but feel like Shadow Lara has a huge head. Even when I put my fingers on her big floppy hair I still think it looks a bit disproportionate.

She does look great with the braid though.


All times are GMT. The time now is 18:21.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.