www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Ellioft 06-02-19 00:58

Well I have made an approximative count of the ennemis (outside of the wolf packs) and tombs.

So there is for now more than 319 through the main story (oil refinery I have to make a number in the final section of the level,same with the ending because the enemies respawn in the boss fight, so I have choose 30).

Cozumel : 24
Peruvian Jungle : 8
Kuwaq Yaku : 25
Hidden City : Wolves :D
The Mountain Temple : 13
Cenote : 40
Upper District : 15
Porvenir Oil Fields : 65 approx
Mission San Juan : 34
Hidden City Revisit : 1
City of Serpent : 44 approx
DLC : The Forge : 8
DLC : The Pillar : 41

Wich makes a total for now at....

319 (even more)

Wich makes the ranking like this :

1 : TRU (with DLC) : 681
2 : ROTTR (with DLC) : more than 579
3 : TRII : 497
4 : Reboot : more than 470
5 : TRIV : 457
6 : TRIII : 445
7 : SOTTR : more than 319 (for now)
8 : TRI : 294
9 : TRL : 262
10:TRA : 201
11:AOD :117
12:TRV : 72

For the GOLD versions

1:TRII GOLD :192
2:TRI GOLD :155
3:TRIII GOLD:122

thlenoir 06-02-19 01:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8037966)
Well I have made an approximative count of the ennemis (outside of the wolf packs) and tombs.

So there is for now more than 319 through the main story (oil refinery I have to make a number in the final section of the level,same with the ending because the enemies respawn in the boss fight, so I have choose 30).

Cozumel : 24
Peruvian Jungle : 8
Kuwaq Yaku : 25
Hidden City : Wolves :D
The Mountain Temple : 13
Cenote : 40
Upper District : 15
Porvenir Oil Fields : 65 approx
Mission San Juan : 34
Hidden City Revisit : 1
City of Serpent : 44 approx
DLC : The Forge : 8
DLC : The Pillar : 41

Wich makes a total for now at....

319 (even more)

Wich makes the ranking like this :

1 : TRU(with DLC) : 681
2 : TRII : 497
3 : Reboot : 470
4 : TRIV : 457
5 : TRIII : 445
6 : SOTTR: 319 (for now)
7 : TR I : 294
8 : TRL : 262
9 : TRA : 201
10: AOD :117
11 : TRV : 72

Rise isn't on the ranking because I can't find a walktrough where all the enemies are numbered.

Thank you! So SOTTR is not even in the last 5 games with less ennemies, it will calm some people.

TrustyBow 06-02-19 01:04

^^ Woah, props man. That must've been a lot of work.

Also, wow TR2 had more enemies than TR13?

KennyC222 06-02-19 01:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8037966)
Well I have made an approximative count of the ennemis (outside of the wolf packs) and tombs.

So there is for now more than 319 through the main story (oil refinery I have to make a number in the final section of the level,same with the ending because the enemies respawn in the boss fight, so I have choose 30).

Cozumel : 24
Peruvian Jungle : 8
Kuwaq Yaku : 25
Hidden City : Wolves :D
The Mountain Temple : 13
Cenote : 40
Upper District : 15
Porvenir Oil Fields : 65 approx
Mission San Juan : 34
Hidden City Revisit : 1
City of Serpent : 44 approx
DLC : The Forge : 8
DLC : The Pillar : 41

Wich makes a total for now at....

319 (even more)

Wich makes the ranking like this :

1 : TRU(with DLC) : 681
2 : TRII : 497
3 : Reboot : 470
4 : TRIV : 457
5 : TRIII : 445
6 : SOTTR: 319 (for now)
7 : TR I : 294
8 : TRL : 262
9 : TRA : 201
10: AOD :117
11 : TRV : 72

Rise isn't on the ranking because I can't find a walktrough where all the enemies are numbered.

Wow! Thanks man! I am sure you spent lots of time to count enemies in every single game! What a hard work! I have no time to count enemies in a game as I am rushing to finish it lol! So Shadow is still at 6th largest number to date.

charmedangelin 06-02-19 01:48

Thing about it though is that older games had enemies spread out more so it felt like there was a lot more combat.

Shadow just throws them all in a few sections of the game.

This was a mistake that they shouldn't have made with Shadow.

EDIT

Also the time in battle also is a variable that matters a lot as well and even though in some games the number looks higher your actually not spending that time in combat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamayoo (Post 8037942)
Maybe because there are several sections with combat/stealth only (Kuwaq Yaku, oil field, San Juan farms, the very end...) and still less puzzles than combat in the main path (thanks the optional and DLC contents to exist haha). While in the old games there is a lot of enemies but very scattered, no arenas.

This, this is why Shadow feels really bad when it comes to combat. They section the combat off in very few sections so while the enemy count is higher, your actually killing most of them in one or two sections.

Ellioft 06-02-19 02:30

I have made Rise with Baba Yaga DLC (not cold darkness for obvious reasons)

Rise number of enemies are...

579 (surely a little more)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrustyBow (Post 8037968)
^^ Woah, props man. That must've been a lot of work.

Also, wow TR2 had more enemies than TR13?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KennyC222 (Post 8037974)
Wow! Thanks man! I am sure you spent lots of time to count enemies in every single game! What a hard work! I have no time to count enemies in a game as I am rushing to finish it lol! So Shadow is still at 6th largest number to date.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thlenoir (Post 8037967)
Thank you! So SOTTR is not even in the last 5 games with less ennemies, it will calm some people.

Thank you, I just have copy the numbers given on written walktrough that's nothing and it was fun :)

Yes I know it's strange :D

Yeah :p

Patrick star 06-02-19 02:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linoshi Croft (Post 8037933)
I see your point. However, I feel like the lost city should of been rife with puzzles and meaningful platforming and exploration. I am fine with over the top endings and bosses etc but maybe this should of been done outside of Kitezh? Alternatively, the first half of the area could of been focused more on puzzles and platforming and the second half combat. However, what we got for the most part was just a ton of combat.

I can see where you're coming from , but I actually think Kitezh is one of the hubs that mixed combat , platforming and puzzling in a decent way :


https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=222213


Quote:

The introduction of Trinity was a complete and utter mistake on Crystals part IMO. Even if it was them who completed the trilogy Trinity was made too big and too powerful to ever successfully destroy. So, I honestly believe this aspect of the story would of been unsatisfying whoever developed the story.
That had been a concern of mine as well . A society that had existed even before the time of the Byzantine empire and developed continually with each era of history is indeed too powerful to take down in one game but you never know . Actually , Rise's ending didn't hint that the next game is Trinity's last outing , we only knew that Lara's going to "finish Trinity once and for all" by the time they started promoting Shadow . For all we know , Trinity could've remained to be Lara's main enemy throughout the reboot universe , there are many routes they could explore in the enmity between them and Lara .

Still , even if they decided to finish Trinity in Rise's sequel , CD would've probably created a showdown in the Vatican , have Lara infiltrate their headquarters , discover their secret catacombs , face the high council etc . It would still feel far-fetched and over the top but honestly ? Anything would've been better than Paititi this and Paititi that .

Again , this is all personal . Many couldn't give a damn that Trinity took a back seat in Shadow because as an organization and enemy it never caught their interest to begin with and that's totally fine . I , on the other hand was genuinely intrigued and excited about the direction they'll take Trinity in the next game and then I was severely disappointed with what I got .


Quote:

In regard to Lara's parents being reintroduced, I do agree I was unhappy with this decision. Personally, I felt like the main story of Rise for the most part allowed Lara to put her daddy issues to rest and of course the DLC touched on her mother.
Yes . We had the main Rise game for the father , and Blood Ties for the mother . I know someone would say there's still the matter of who killed Richard and Lara's desire for revenge , but these could've been tackled without having the parents steal the limelight again (or in Shadow's case share it with darling Paititi) .

Quote:

I of course do not know what happened behind closed doors during development, but I do personally believe that Crystal would of had some involvement in the development of the story of Shadow. It would be bizarre for them to start the trilogy, yet have absolutely no control over it's resolution.
I don't know but something like "EM is helming the game with CD providing additional development" doesn't sound like CD had much to say about the grand scheme of the narrative . I firmly believe that we would've gotten a totally different story had it been the other way around (like it was in Rise actually) .

SpyrosMonster 06-02-19 02:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8037966)
1 : TRU(with DLC) : 681
2 : TRII : 497
3 : Reboot : 470
4 : TRIV : 457
5 : TRIII : 445
6 : SOTTR: 319 (for now)
7 : TR I : 294
8 : TRL : 262
9 : TRA : 201
10: AOD :117
11 : TRV : 72

Rise isn't on the ranking because I can't find a walktrough where all the enemies are numbered.

That's some dedication right there! Thank you. :eek:
The number is surprisingly higher than I expected. I feel like I have to clarify for some people that will take that fact and run, that it's also how those enemies feel and how they are implemented overall in the game.

It also has to do with the actual length of the game and obviously other factor like level designs and all that.
Let's see it this way: TRL feels like it has quite a few enemies. A lot of people would probably say that it has too much but in that list it looks like it doesn't because it's not really compared evenly.

Of course the same applies on the opposite side too. For example, I never felt like AoD was lacking on combat to be honest.
I thought it was the perfect balance but that might've been because the combat was messy and it didn't add much to the experience.

Ellioft 06-02-19 02:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick star (Post 8037990)
For all we know , Trinity could've remained to be Lara's main enemy throughout the reboot universe , there are many routes they could explore in the enmity between them and Lara .

Well they are enemy for 5 years according to my timeline at the end of Shadow Lara is 26 years old.

So she has destroyed Trinity in 6 years.
Because she as destroyed every cells of it one by one before finding Amaru aka The Cardinal.

Even if some worshippers could be alive but we don't know.

laracroftswest 06-02-19 03:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellioft (Post 8037966)
Well I have made an approximative count of the ennemis (outside of the wolf packs) and tombs.

So there is for now more than 319 through the main story (oil refinery I have to make a number in the final section of the level,same with the ending because the enemies respawn in the boss fight, so I have choose 30).

Cozumel : 24
Peruvian Jungle : 8
Kuwaq Yaku : 25
Hidden City : Wolves :D
The Mountain Temple : 13
Cenote : 40
Upper District : 15
Porvenir Oil Fields : 65 approx
Mission San Juan : 34
Hidden City Revisit : 1
City of Serpent : 44 approx
DLC : The Forge : 8
DLC : The Pillar : 41

Wich makes a total for now at....

319 (even more)

Wich makes the ranking like this :

1 : TRU (with DLC) : 681
2 : ROTTR (with DLC) : more than 579
3 : TRII : 497
4 : Reboot : more than 470
5 : TRIV : 457
6 : TRIII : 445
7 : SOTTR : more than 319 (for now)
8 : TRI : 294
9 : TRL : 262
10:TRA : 201
11:AOD :117
12:TRV : 72

For the GOLD versions

1:TRII GOLD :192
2:TRI GOLD :155
3:TRIII GOLD:122

Thank you! Great info to have. Would've never guessed it had more than Legend but it is a longer game.


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:29.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.