Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Final Fantasy Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=86691)

RAID 19-02-07 15:30

[quote=Kiss-Bite;1585917]Only four days left now until I can get Final Fantasy 12!!!:jmp: :jmp: :jmp: I'm very excited!:D It has been years since a new FF game, not incl X2 & XI.[/quote]

These last couple of weeks went by slower than the past 4 years :p I'm very excited myself :jmp:
[quote=Yuna´s Wish;1586246]I killed Omega Weapon :jmp: It was a bit disappointing...FFVIII´s and FFIX´s most powerful monsters are not that powerful...Omega and Ozma are pathetic when I compare them with the Dark Aeons, Penance, or many of the XII´s final optional enemies.[/quote]

Well done Alan. typical of an FF master such as yourself :tmb:

Yuna´s Wish 19-02-07 21:01

[QUOTE=RAID;1587403]Well done Alan. typical of an FF master such as yourself :tmb:[/QUOTE]

:yah: Thank you! But really, I was disappointed with Omega. I have a magazine that depicts it as the most powerful enemy in the series. When I saw Omega exploding in my PC screen I thought: "what the ****?? Is it over? that fast?". A Ruby Dragon is harder...:p

Psyched 19-02-07 21:38

Omega's tough for different reasons. Most other ultra-tough guys in the series require serious patience and levelling up, whereas Omega requires an efficient battle plan, a decent collection of items and speed.

Yuna´s Wish 19-02-07 23:05

You might be right Psyched...I was prepared. Doomtrain, Heros, 255 of Strength, Speed enhancers + Auto-Haste for Squall, 100 Death spells junctioned to each character...but still, it let me down. The magazine I have tells how to kill him and depicts it as strong, fast, fierce, impossible to kill the first 100 times...and it´s only strong.

TR FAN 18 20-02-07 08:34

I bought FF12 today. Got it for £20!! :jmp:

I CAN'T WAIT to play it! :D It's out now according to Play.com

Megalith 20-02-07 11:43

:jmp: At last!!!!:jmp:
First impressions later!;)

RAID 20-02-07 14:59

OMFG :yik:

I just logged on play.com and I saw that FF12 is in stock and that my order is being processed :yah:

I don't get one thing though. Why is there still the countdown on the page that says 3 days to go? :confused:

Hyper_Crazy 20-02-07 16:27

Finished Final Fantasy IX, I decided to cheat and get Beatrix, and that was all!

RAID 20-02-07 17:45

WOO-HOOOOOOO :yah:

Received an e-mail from PLAY. My FF12 order has been posted. Hopefully I'll have it by Thursday :D

Yuna´s Wish 20-02-07 18:08

I´m happy for you, future and recent FFXII´s owners! :)
Will you create ANOTHER separate thread for FFXII (there are like 3 scattered in the forums), or will you use one of those, or will you use this one to discuss FFXII? :D

RAID 20-02-07 18:18

I'd rather use this one, but if there will be another Final Fantasy XII thread, you'll see me in it for sure :D

Yuna´s Wish 20-02-07 18:20

What are you going to do? Train 3 characters and use them for the entire adventure...or train all 6? I just trained 3 :p

Hyper_Crazy 20-02-07 18:23

Can you swap characters in battle like FFX?

RAID 20-02-07 18:26

[QUOTE=Yuna´s Wish;1590532]What are you going to do? Train 3 characters and use them for the entire adventure...or train all 6? I just trained 3 :p[/QUOTE]
I'll probably train all 6 of them.

Yuna´s Wish 20-02-07 18:30

[QUOTE=Hyper_Crazy;1590538]Can you swap characters in battle like FFX?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can, but levelling up takes A LOT of time. That´s why I only developed 3. I finished the game with 3 of my characters in their 90s and the other 3 in their 20s :D

However, 6 functional powerful characters simplify the deal hugely.

You can even trade corpses for alive party members and, if all 3 died, you can select the other 3 to continue, even if the 3 main fighters died, unlike FFX, which meant a game over despite having 4 other members intact.

RAID 20-02-07 18:31

Who did you train Alan?

I'm thinking of Focusing more on Fran, Ashe and Balthier.

Yuna´s Wish 20-02-07 18:36

Ashe was my greatest and strongest character, along with Basch and Vaan. They were my chosen fighters. I didn´t specialize them in any category, they were able to do everything...everyone could heal, everyone could cast Flare, everyone could use a Sword/Axe/Spear...I´ve read that many people tend to raise someone as a white mage and only use it to heal while the others attack. If I was suffering a crucial deadly moments, all my characters were able to heal, reducing the death possibilities. Besides, there is a distance range you have to respect...and being close to your partners to cast the spell also means being close to the enemy, increasing the chances to have a dead white mage.

RAID 20-02-07 18:40

I will probably focus each character on different categories.

Penelo on Wht Mag, Fran on Blk Mag and weapons. etc...

Yuna´s Wish 20-02-07 18:52

[QUOTE=RAID;1590598]I will probably focus each character on different categories.

Penelo on Wht Mag, Fran on Blk Mag and weapons. etc...[/QUOTE]

Stop going against my tactics Justin :vlol:

Let´s see: well, I never used items, except for the phoenix downs in my two very last battles against optional bosses.

RAID 20-02-07 19:08

LMAO :p

I never use Items either in any FF, so odds are I won't use any in this one.

Say, I was just thinking, can you set a character on a default/permanent category?

EX: Battle Mage, Black Mage, White Mage, etc...?

Yuna´s Wish 20-02-07 19:11

[QUOTE=RAID;1590695]LMAO :p

I never use Items either in any FF, so odds are I won't use any in this one.

Say, I was just thinking, can you set a character on a default/permanent category?

EX: Battle Mage, Black Mage, White Mage, etc...?[/QUOTE]

No, you can´t. You "buy" the licenses for your characters...one of the first licenses to be learned is "Cure". That doesn´t mean you´re a white mage, but someone who knows white magic. Only you can say, this character will act as the white mage...there´s no vivi or garnet in this game :)

RAID 20-02-07 19:12

Oh bugger. Oh well, I'll have to make them myself in that case ;)

TR FAN 18 21-02-07 07:43

My order for FF12 was posted yesterday! :D
Should be getting it in about 3-5 days! :jmp:

kryptonite23 21-02-07 09:54

[I][COLOR="SlateGray"]I love the series of Final Fantasy but I don`t like to play it.[/COLOR][/I]

Trigger_happy 21-02-07 17:38

[QUOTE=kryptonite23;1592279][I][COLOR="SlateGray"]I love the series of Final Fantasy but I don`t like to play it.[/COLOR][/I][/QUOTE]

Why's that? I tend to dip in and out of FF, as it is very time consuming.

RAID 21-02-07 17:41

Anyone received 12 from PLAY yet? I'm guessing mine will arrive sometime next week...so close yet so far away...

Megalith 21-02-07 19:03

**first impressions/spoilers(maybe)**

Ok,the game so far is awesome!!I haven't been able to play as much as i want to (i have just finished the Rogue Tomato hunt) but i hope that i'll catch up on weekend!:)
But so far the game feels and looks great.The story up to this point is very intrigueing,the graphics are amazing (to say the least),the battle system feels a little strange (but i'm geting used to it),and the license board i think is a great system that offers absolute freedom to customize the character to your likings (a little confusing at first though).
What really impressed me so far,is the sheer size of the city of Rabanastre!I mean this town is HUGE and full of people to interact with!If the other towns in the game are like this one,well...wow!
:)

Fraaadrik 21-02-07 19:43

I just got FF12 :D:D:D:D It has been in my mail box all day and I didn't notice it until now zomg :(

zizou 21-02-07 19:49

Tomorrow , I will go to buy FFXII ! :jmp: :jmp: :tea: :ton:

RAID 21-02-07 20:23

Have fun all Europeans and future FF12 owners. After 4 years of waiting, we deserve it. I hope mine doesn't take very long to arrive. Nut with my luck...:/

Yuna´s Wish 21-02-07 20:47

[QUOTE=Megalith;1593619]I mean this town is HUGE and full of people to interact with!
:)[/QUOTE]

You have seen nothing at all :p The entire game is HUGE...dungeons, towns (though there are not many towns this time)...:)

Forwen 21-02-07 21:38

Seems like I'm outta this thread until the end of May. I'm going to try and get a copy for myself this week, but I won't play it seriously before then - exams galore!

Rivendell 22-02-07 10:50

Gods I'm having trouble on FF3.

Main reason?

The LACK OF FREAKING PHOENIX DOWNS! :mad:

There are next to none! And I keep getting killed - the only way I can revive them is by sailing half way across the world - in perilous monster infested water - crossing fields and going around mountains trying to evade more monsters, to a small town where I can 'revive' the dead party members.

GAH!

TR FAN 18 22-02-07 11:32

[QUOTE=RAID;1593347]Anyone received 12 from PLAY yet? I'm guessing mine will arrive sometime next week...so close yet so far away...[/QUOTE]

I bought FF12 from PLAY. Not received it yet, dispatched on 20 Feb. They say 3-5 days so I could possibly get it on the release date!

Kiss-Bite 22-02-07 14:25

Final Fantasy 12 is out in the UK tomorrow!! :jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

RAID 22-02-07 15:26

[quote=TR FAN 18;1595359]I bought FF12 from PLAY. Not received it yet, dispatched on 20 Feb. They say 3-5 days so I could possibly get it on the release date![/quote]
I got the same. I'm hoping to receive it tomorrow while I can still enjoy it for about a week, before things get serious at school, but with my luck, I'll receive in like 1 week since I'm not in the UK.

Kiss-Bite, it's available now on PLAY. It's been since the 20th February :D

Kiss-Bite 22-02-07 19:01

[QUOTE=RAID;1595627]I got the same. I'm hoping to receive it tomorrow while I can still enjoy it for about a week, before things get serious at school, but with my luck, I'll receive in like 1 week since I'm not in the UK.

Kiss-Bite, it's available now on PLAY. It's been since the 20th February :D[/QUOTE]

I'll be rushing out first thing tomorrow morning to buy it!!:D Hope you both get yours tomorrow too.;) :tmb:

Kiss-Bite 22-02-07 19:11

Has anybody played, Dirge of Cerberus? From what I've seen it's a very good looking game, esp the FMV''s! Does it still feel like a FF game & are the controls good? I've heard it's very difficult! I'm quite tempted to get it.:)

Megalith 22-02-07 19:58

[QUOTE=Kiss-Bite;1596243]Has anybody played, Dirge of Cerberus? From what I've seen it's a very good looking game, esp the FMV''s! Does it still feel like a FF game & are the controls good? I've heard it's very difficult! I'm quite tempted to get it.:)[/QUOTE]

I haven't bought it yet,and i'm not going to buy it until i finish some 5-10 games that i have bought and haven't played/finished.
I have heard from fans that it's very easy (for a third person shooter at least) and it expands the story of Advent Children.
I will definately buy it sooner or later 'cause i'm a FFVII fanboy.:p

Btw,IGN has some gameplay and FMV videos;)
[url]http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/693/693672/vids_1.html[/url]

RAID 23-02-07 12:17

Still no FF12 here :( I'm gonna go crazy. Waiting is probably what I suck at the most.