Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

JsotoTRSaga 31-01-12 21:56

[QUOTE=Lukass;5948403]Something silly.[/QUOTE]

I hope not :p CD must have already noticed that Fans do not want something silly for February.

Mikky 31-01-12 21:56

[QUOTE=Lukass;5948403]Something silly.[/QUOTE]

Lara's new cup size.

Charlie91 31-01-12 22:01

I thought it could be something about the geocaching thing...

larafan25 31-01-12 22:03

[QUOTE=Charlie91;5948420]I thought it could be something about the geocaching thing...[/QUOTE]

That's already been announced.

Lukass 31-01-12 22:09

I sooo want it to be the gameplay trailer. I'd die for it....

Charlie91 31-01-12 22:11

[QUOTE=Lukass;5948431]I sooo want it to be the gameplay trailer. I'd die for it....[/QUOTE]

Strong words. Be careful! It can be anything.

Rai 31-01-12 22:52

They're gonna show the leaked footage, legitimately at last. [COLOR=White]I bet[/COLOR] :pi:

Lukass 31-01-12 22:58

[QUOTE=Rai;5948468]They're gonna show the leaked footage, legitimately at last. [COLOR=White]I bet[/COLOR] :pi:[/QUOTE]

What makes you think so? I actually wouldn't mind if it was the leaked footage + Lara's first fight against the wolf. I'd be happy.

Linoshi Croft 31-01-12 23:01

I assume it'd be much more polished than what was leaked. As CD said it wasn't up to scratch to be shown to the public yet...so I'm sure improvements will be made.

Rai 31-01-12 23:04

[QUOTE=Lukass;5948471]What makes you think so? I actually wouldn't mind if it was the leaked footage + Lara's first fight against the wolf. I'd be happy.[/QUOTE]

I duuno what made me think that. It seems logical as they've shown it behind closed doors. I'd be happy with that too as well as the first wolf fight. Though it would be nicer to get something completely different to what we've seen before (a different area of the island), even as a screen shot. Still, i hope we get more than the leaked footage at E3 this year. :pi:

Lukass 31-01-12 23:07

[QUOTE=Rai;5948478]I duuno what made me think that. It seems logical as they've shown it behind closed doors. I'd be happy with that too as well as the first wolf fight. Though it would be nicer to get something completely different to what we've seen before (a different area of the island), even as a screen shot. Still, i hope we get more than the leaked footage at E3 this year. :pi:[/QUOTE]

E3 2012 will be all about TOMB RAIDER I bet :cln: They'll show combat and such things, so I'm not worrying they'd show just the leaked footage :)

I'm still uncertain with what's coming in February. It still sounds weird to me. "Fun information". It doesn't sound promising enough to me. If she said they'll share some news, I'd be fine, but fun information sounds like it's gonna be something silly.

aussie500 01-02-12 00:07

Fun information could involve a competition of some type, so it might not be so silly. They also have not announce the composer yet, some might consider an interview with the new composer and hearing some more music tracks as fun. Or finally finding out who the new voice actress is, although that would ruin the fun of guessing for some. GDC is not till March, I would not count on seeing anything more of the game till then.

skylark1121 01-02-12 01:11

I was at Gamestop today, picking up the new Final Fantasy, and I heard people talking about TR. So, of course, I had to get in to the conversation! :D

Everyone that I talked to (2 customers and a cashier) said TReboot looked amazing! I was so excited to hear random people talking about it.

[B]As I checked out, the cashier said he had heard they were pushing the release date to December. Do you think he knows what he's talking about, or was he just misinformed? [/B]=/

Linoshi Croft 01-02-12 01:13

He has no idea what he's talking about... we had loads of people being told the reboot would be released early this year or late last year, see how that one went :p

larafan25 01-02-12 01:14

[QUOTE=skylark1121;5948580]I was at Gamestop today, picking up the new Final Fantasy, and I heard people talking about TR. So, of course, I had to get in to the conversation! :D

Everyone that I talked to (2 customers and a cashier) said TReboot looked amazing! I was so excited to hear random people talking about it.

[B]As I checked out, the cashier said he had heard they were pushing the release date to December. Do you think he knows what he's talking about, or was he just uninformed? [/B]=/[/QUOTE]

Outside of anything official, wasn't it said that it was being pushed to December some time ago? Before we even had a trailer (or official date) or whatever?

I vaguely remember that date being thrown around.

NCFirebolt21 01-02-12 01:20

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]I expect a November release only because that's when the GOTY contenders usually get their releases. Between last week of September and first week of November. Then voting starts from 2nd week of November.
[/COLOR]

larafan25 01-02-12 01:21

[QUOTE=NCFirebolt21;5948591][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]I expect a November release only because that's when the GOTY contenders usually get their releases. Between last week of September and first week of November. Then voting starts from 2nd week of November.
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

So would I be correct in saying that there are GOTY awards for different categories? The one final voting which a game wins THE GOTY?

So TR has more of a chance of winning Action Game of the Year?

skylark1121 01-02-12 01:21

[QUOTE=larafan25;5948584]Outside of anything official, wasn't it said that it was being pushed to December some time ago? Before we even had a trailer (or official date) or whatever?

I vaguely remember that date being thrown around.[/QUOTE]

It seems like there was something tossed around about December... if memory serves.
Technically, as long as it falls before December 21, they'll still meet there goal to release in autumn.

December might actually be a really smart release date. :pi: :D

larafan25 01-02-12 01:23

[QUOTE=skylark1121;5948593]It seems like there was something tossed around about December... if memory serves.
Technically, as long as it falls before December 21, they'll still meet there goal to release in autumn.

December might actually be a really smart release date. :pi: :D[/QUOTE]

After FFXIII-2 just flew in, I feel as though campaigns for games are getting shorts, they're just BAM! Arriving!

skylark1121 01-02-12 01:25

[QUOTE=larafan25;5948596]After FFXIII-2 just flew in, I feel as though campaigns for games are getting shorts, they're just BAM! Arriving![/QUOTE]

I know, right? FFXIII-2 came so fast! :eek:
And it's such a long game; I don't know how the developers did that so fast. :p

larafan25 01-02-12 01:26

[QUOTE=skylark1121;5948600]I know, right? FFXIII-2 came so fast! :eek:
And it's such a long game; I don't know how the developers did that so fast. :p[/QUOTE]

Well hopefully TR will be here before we know it and offer a large and fulfilling experience.

skylark1121 01-02-12 01:30

[QUOTE=larafan25;5948601]Well hopefully TR will be here before we know it and offer a large and fulfilling experience.[/QUOTE]

I don't doubt the new TR's potential at all.
For the first time, I actually heard strangers talking about "how amazing the new TR looks".

I was like, "Score!"

<3

NCFirebolt21 01-02-12 01:34

[QUOTE=larafan25;5948592]So would I be correct in saying that there are GOTY awards for different categories? The one final voting which a game wins THE GOTY?

So TR has more of a chance of winning Action Game of the Year?[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]
I want it to win for both Game Of The Year and Best Adventure Game. After all, the game is an adventure, even though it's survival horror. To say TR is an action game is wrong, for now. Let's see depending on the gameplay and launch trailers we'd be able to tell.[/COLOR]

larafan25 01-02-12 01:35

All my life, I go to pick up TR games the store clerk either says nothing or has to look in the back for it. I pick up Uncharted or Batman, and they don't shut up about it.

This time, they're gunna be leik "oh this game is so good blah blah" "I ****ING KNOW!"

:)

larafan25 01-02-12 01:36

^Bitch, stop posting over me.

[QUOTE=NCFirebolt21;5948608][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]
I want it to win for both Game Of The Year and Best Adventure Game. After all, the game is an adventure, even though it's survival horror. To say TR is an action game is wrong, for now. Let's see depending on the gameplay and launch trailers we'd be able to tell.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Actually, TR is not survival horror. Not to mention Crystal are actually calling it a survival action. Plus, isn't the category actually action?

NCFirebolt21 01-02-12 01:37

[QUOTE=larafan25;5948611]All my life, I go to pick up TR games the store clerk either says nothing or has to look in the back for it. I pick up Uncharted or Batman, and they don't shut up about it.

This time, they're gunna be leik "oh this game is so good blah blah" "I ****ING KNOW!"

:)[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]
Oh yeah brother. They're gonna be raving about TR this time. Just like they did with LCGOL.

[B]EDIT[/B]:
What was with the last post?
[/COLOR]

larafan25 01-02-12 01:38

Except nobody was there when I downloaded my accidentally free version of GOL. :/

Khaled 01-02-12 01:38

[QUOTE=skylark1121;5948593]It seems like there was something tossed around about December... if memory serves.

December might actually be a really smart release date. :pi: :D[/QUOTE]

Stop please :D . The game will be release at Q3 2012 . July , Augusts and september . :) I hope that the game release in Augusts .

NCFirebolt21 01-02-12 01:40

[QUOTE=larafan25;5948619]Except nobody was there when I downloaded my accidentally free version of GOL. :/[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Accidentally free? How?[/COLOR]

skylark1121 01-02-12 01:40

[QUOTE=NCFirebolt21;5948608][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]
I want it to win for both Game Of The Year and Best Adventure Game. After all, the game is an adventure, even though it's survival horror. To say TR is an action game is wrong, for now. Let's see depending on the gameplay and launch trailers we'd be able to tell.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

TR deserves to be a show-stopper. D:
TR deserves it!!!!

[QUOTE=larafan25;5948611][B]All my life, I go to pick up TR games the store clerk either says nothing or has to look in the back for it. I pick up Uncharted or Batman, and they don't shut up about it.[/B]

Oh. My. God. This is the story of my life. ;_;

They'll see. They'll all see.
:jmp: :hea: :(
:D

larafan25 01-02-12 01:42

[QUOTE=NCFirebolt21;5948623][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Accidentally free? How?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I don't remember how, but tons of people got the game for free when they tried to download the trial version. :/

King.Louie 01-02-12 01:43

[QUOTE=larafan25;5948626]I don't remember how, but tons of people got the game for free when they tried to download the trial version. :/[/QUOTE]

Because the full game unlock was included with the gamespot early access demo :p Best free game i've ever got :D

NCFirebolt21 01-02-12 01:44

[QUOTE=larafan25;5948626]I don't remember how, but tons of people got the game for free when they tried to download the trial version. :/[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]
Lucky you... anyway, I do hope the guys at Gamestop over here love TR just as much as Arkham City... because when City released, people went MENTAL. It was similar to girls lining up outside a store for a crazy 10-minute sale with the line being as long as the street.[/COLOR]

larafan25 01-02-12 01:49

[QUOTE=King.Louie;5948628]Because the full game unlock was included with the gamespot early access demo :p Best free game i've ever got :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=NCFirebolt21;5948630][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]
Lucky you... anyway, I do hope the guys at Gamestop over here love TR just as much as Arkham City... because when City released, people went MENTAL. It was similar to girls lining up outside a store for a crazy 10-minute sale with the line being as long as the street.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Well let's see...

TR has free-hub spaces...(more like island than city though)
TR probably has lots of optional things to do and goodies to find
TR is going to make people crap their pants with it's new combat system
TR is going to have a mouth-watering gameplay trailer

I think based on all of that, when it's said and done people will be lovin le TR. :cool:

[QUOTE=King.Louie;5948628]Because the full game unlock was included with the gamespot early access demo :p [B]Best free game i've ever got[/B] :D[/QUOTE]

Definitely!

Spong 01-02-12 01:58

[QUOTE=larafan25;5948638]Well let's see...

TR has free-hub spaces...(more like island than city though)
TR probably has lots of optional things to do and goodies to find
TR is going to make people crap their pants with it's new combat system
TR is going to have a mouth-watering gameplay trailer

I think based on all of that, when it's said and done people will be lovin le TR. :cool:[/QUOTE]

It's not nearly American enough. Add explosions and an FPS game style [I]then[/I] it'll sell well.

And on the subject of GoL, I got my copy for free as well, but I got it legitimately for free, Keir gave me a redeem code. No sneaky messed up Gamestop demo for me :tmb:

Lukass 01-02-12 02:20

[QUOTE=Spong;5948650]It's not nearly American enough. Add explosions and an FPS game style [I]then[/I] it'll sell well.

And on the subject of GoL, I got my copy for free as well, but I got it legitimately for free, Keir gave me a redeem code. No sneaky messed up Gamestop demo for me :tmb:[/QUOTE]

Did you enjoy GoL?

Spong 01-02-12 02:24

[QUOTE=Lukass;5948671]Did you enjoy GoL?[/QUOTE]

Best game Crystal have done in a long while :tmb:
But it's no Tomb Raider. And it was somewhat tarnished by the crap DLC.

larafan25 01-02-12 02:24

[QUOTE=Spong;5948650]It's not nearly American enough. Add explosions and an FPS game style [I]then[/I] it'll sell well.

And on the subject of GoL, I got my copy for free as well, but I got it legitimately for free, Keir gave me a redeem code. No sneaky messed up Gamestop demo for me :tmb:[/QUOTE]

The game already has explosions.

Spong 01-02-12 02:52

[QUOTE=larafan25;5948676]The game already has explosions.[/QUOTE]

Has it? Where? Or are you counting those parts in the den footage where you set fire to a bit of wood? An explosion isn't something you can stand right next to (as was seen in the den demo).

tombstone 01-02-12 03:06

[QUOTE=larafan25;5948611]All my life, I go to pick up TR games the store clerk either says nothing or has to look in the back for it. I pick up Uncharted or Batman, and they don't shut up about it.

[QUOTE=skylark1121;5948624]TR deserves to be a show-stopper. D:
TR deserves it!!!!

Oh. My. God. This is the story of my life. ;_;

They'll see. They'll all see.
:jmp: :hea: :(
:D[/QUOTE]

yas gwerl's we will be sipping our martinis, while erry body goes bat**** crazy for TOMB RAIDER ^-^