Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

Linoshi Croft 05-02-12 23:24

[QUOTE=leglion;5958757]Source?[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=185718&highlight=germany[/url]

leglion 05-02-12 23:28

Someone should contact him and ask if it's word for word. :pi:

Linoshi Croft 05-02-12 23:31

Unfortunately, the gameplay trailer wont have any combat in it...as that's being left for E3 for some reason.

larafan25 05-02-12 23:33

[QUOTE=Linoshi Croft;5958772]Unfortunately, the gameplay trailer wont have any combat in it...as that's being left for E3 for some reason.[/QUOTE]

That leaves us with a good junk of everything else. :mis:

I feel it coming in MARRRCH

YEAAAH BITCHES MAAARCH!

Trailers debute at GDC, right? Sometimes they do.

Stevo505 05-02-12 23:37

[QUOTE=Linoshi Croft;5958761][url]http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=185718&highlight=germany[/url][/QUOTE]

Interesting, never saw this thread before. Meagan said "no comment on co-op" for multiplayer... hmm...

larafan25 05-02-12 23:38

[QUOTE=Stevo505;5958788]Interesting, never saw this thread before. Meagan said "no comment on co-op" for multiplayer... hmm...[/QUOTE]

They're doen, it's so known.

:mis:

But I'd rather no story-coop. :pi:

Stevo505 05-02-12 23:39

[QUOTE=larafan25;5958789]They're doen, it's so known.

:mis:

But I'd rather no story-coop. :pi:[/QUOTE]

Deffo.. if they weren't doing it they would simply dismiss the rumor, right?

larafan25 05-02-12 23:40

[QUOTE=Stevo505;5958790]Deffo.. if they weren't doing it they would simply dismiss the rumor, right?[/QUOTE]

Right.

Although somewhere Karl apparently said no multiplayer. :pi:

Apparently.

leglion 05-02-12 23:40

Actually, all that proves(i say that lightly) is that they thought about it at one point but the fact that Karl said there would be no multiplayer proves they either scrapped it or meagan marie didn't know anything about it, thus not beign able to confirm or deny it.

Stevo505 05-02-12 23:42

[QUOTE=leglion;5958792]Actually, all that proves(i say that lightly) is that they thought about it at one point but the fact that Karl said there would be no multiplayer proves they either scrapped it or meagan marie didn't know anything about it, thus not beign able to confirm or deny it.[/QUOTE]

But for one answer she just said she didn't have a definite answer (for picking up item prompts) but for the co-op she quickly said "no comment." Yeah, they could have been thinking about it. Where did Karl say no multiplayer?

larafan25 05-02-12 23:44

[QUOTE=leglion;5958792]Actually, all that proves(i say that lightly) is that they thought about it at one point but the fact that Karl said there would be no multiplayer proves they either scrapped it or meagan marie didn't know anything about it, thus not beign able to confirm or deny it.[/QUOTE]

They have said themselves in response to the question about the online logos that were once on the official site - that they had tons of ideas on the table which they're figuring out.

Of course I seem to remember Karl saying no multiplayer, but I can't find where it was said.

Can someone find that?

That being said does go against the online logos and the job ads...

Maybe Karl just meant the story would not be multiplayer.

I think it was a podcast when he said it, and recently I listened to all of them (except the early E3 ones) and couldn't find a thing on multiplayer (except the GI podcats in which the answer was that they're looking at the option).

leglion 05-02-12 23:44

[QUOTE=Stevo505;5958796]But for one answer she just said she didn't have a definite answer (for picking up item prompts) but for the co-op she quickly said "no comment." Yeah, they could have been thinking about it. Where did Karl say no multiplayer?[/QUOTE]

Not having a definite answer and knowing absolutely nothing are two different things to me. Podcast if memory serves me correctly.

larafan25 05-02-12 23:46

Well let's all just search instead of arguing about it so we can all just lay what we know out and look at it...and maybe cry if he did say no.

TBH I still think that the multiplayer functionality could be vague and for any of CD's games....incl TR10.

Stevo505 06-02-12 00:00

[QUOTE=leglion;5958800]Not having a definite answer and knowing absolutely nothing are two different things to me. Podcast if memory serves me correctly.[/QUOTE]

I thought "no comment" was generally used when something can't be discussed.

leglion 06-02-12 00:01

[QUOTE=Stevo505;5958823]I thought "no comment" was generally used when something can't be discussed.[/QUOTE]

Well, Karl usually says he can't say too much about it right now so not really.

larafan25 06-02-12 00:05

I'm searching and searching, and TBH people are saying it but I'm not seeing a source anywhere.

Stevo505 06-02-12 00:06

[QUOTE=leglion;5958827]Well, Karl usually says he can't say too much about it right now so not really.[/QUOTE]

But he knows the answer, he just can't say anything. If he didn't know he would say "I don't know" like Meagan did. But if he knows something he can't reveal yet, he says "We can't talk about that now..."

leglion 06-02-12 00:08

[QUOTE=Stevo505;5958834]But he knows the answer, he just can't say anything. If he didn't know he would say "I don't know" like Meagan did. But if he knows something he can't reveal yet, he says "We can't talk about that now..."[/QUOTE]

Karl doesn't know everything, he's just a branch of marketing as is Meagan Marie, he's not part of the main team.

Stevo505 06-02-12 00:09

[QUOTE=leglion;5958837]Karl doesn't know everything, he's just a branch of marketing as is Meagan Marie, he's not part of the main team.[/QUOTE]

A brand manager is likely to know more before a community manager, right?

leglion 06-02-12 00:12

[QUOTE=Stevo505;5958838]A brand manager is likely to know more before a community manager, right?[/QUOTE]

It depends. Both of their jobs are equally important.

Lukass 06-02-12 00:14

I'm plenty of sure that Karl knows everything.

leglion 06-02-12 00:15

[QUOTE=Lukass;5958842]I'm plenty of sure that Karl knows everything.[/QUOTE]

I think the people working on the actual game know more than Karl.

Lukass 06-02-12 00:16

[QUOTE=leglion;5958843]I think the people working on the actual game no more than Karl.[/QUOTE]

I thought he's like their boss.

leglion 06-02-12 00:17

The big daddy boss is Square Enix. :p

Lukass 06-02-12 00:18

[QUOTE=leglion;5958847]The big daddy boss is Square Enix. :p[/QUOTE]

And Karl is just watching football and drinking beer. Right. I thought so.

Stevo505 06-02-12 00:18

But.. he manages the brand. I mean, he is in charge of what Tomb Raider is essentially, correct? I would assume that once a decision is made he is aware of it.

Linoshi Croft 06-02-12 00:18

Karl does all the research into what is the "now" so to speak...well that's what he said in the podcast so I would assume his research has massive effect on the end product.

[QUOTE=leglion;5958847]The big daddy boss is Square Enix. :p[/QUOTE]

Yet, they have little to no impact on development...Crystal are the makers, Square the pockets.

just*raidin*tomb 06-02-12 00:19

[QUOTE=Lukass;5958845]I thought he's like their boss.[/QUOTE]

Haha, no. Karl is just markets the game and whatnot. I forgot what his official title was. I want to say community manager but I'm pretty sure that's Meagan's job title.

BRAND MANAGER. Thats it.

leglion 06-02-12 00:19

[QUOTE=Linoshi Croft;5958850]Yet, they have little to no impact on development...Crystal are the makers, Square the pockets.[/QUOTE]

I remember in a podcast Karl said he pitched an idea and square enix denied it so they probably have more of an impact in development than you think they do.

larafan25 06-02-12 00:20

[QUOTE=leglion;5958853]I remember in a podcast Karl said he pitched an idea and square enix denied it so they probably have more of an impact in development than you think they do.[/QUOTE]

That was for the trailer.

edit: OKAY.

I SPECIFICALLY REMEMBER WRITING SOMETHING LIKE "OMG I'M DYING AND CRYING NO MULTIPLAYER!" in response to something on this forum, and I was sure it was a podcast....but I searched all the podcast threads and not one of them had that post from me.

What else could it have been? ;/

leglion 06-02-12 00:21

[QUOTE=larafan25;5958855]That was for the trailer.[/QUOTE]

Trailer, for the game. ;)

Stevo505 06-02-12 00:21

[QUOTE=just*raidin*tomb;5958851]Haha, no. Karl is just markets the game and whatnot. I forgot what his official title was. I want to say community manager but I'm pretty sure that's Meagan's job title.

BRAND MANAGER. Thats it.[/QUOTE]

Global Brand Director or something. If you're in charge of a brand, you definitely have to know everything about the game. It just makes sense. Of course he's not in charge but he must be in-the-loop.

just*raidin*tomb 06-02-12 00:22

[QUOTE=Stevo505;5958858]Global Brand Director or something. If you're in charge of a brand, you definitely have to know everything about the game. It just makes sense. Of course he's not in charge but he must be in-the-loop.[/QUOTE]

Well if course he knows what's going on. He has to in order to understand what they're marketing.

I don't even know what we're talking about. I just jumped in the convo so...yeah. :p

Linoshi Croft 06-02-12 00:22

[QUOTE=leglion;5958857]Trailer, for the game. ;)[/QUOTE]

And how a trailer plays has nothing to do with the game itself and how its made and works.

Square probably have to finalise it because well..whatever crystal do now will effect their "image" so to speak.

larafan25 06-02-12 00:22

[QUOTE=leglion;5958857]Trailer, for the game. ;)[/QUOTE]

Square ****ing Enix are making the trailer, so they'll make however damn much they want in whatever time CD give them, so they said "**** no Karl, dat's too much".

:/

edit: Why don't we all just find where Kurl said no multiplayr? :(

leglion 06-02-12 00:23

[B]^ The trailer is marketing for the game which is supposed to be handled by CD. [/B]
[QUOTE=Stevo505;5958858]Global Brand Director or something. If you're in charge of a brand, you definitely have to know everything about the game. It just makes sense. Of course he's not in charge but he must be in-the-loop.[/QUOTE]

He's not in charge of the brand, he's in charge of marketing it. So in other words, he gets spoon fed info that he's allowed to give to the public.

Stevo505 06-02-12 00:23

[QUOTE=just*raidin*tomb;5958862]Well if course he knows what's going on. He has to in order to understand what they're marketing.

I don't even know what we're talking about. I just jumped in the convo so...yeah. :p[/QUOTE]

Well according to Leglion he doesn't know everything... lol

larafan25 06-02-12 00:29

[QUOTE=leglion;5958867][B]^ The trailer is marketing for the game which is supposed to be handled by CD. [/B]

He's not in charge of the brand, he's in charge of marketing it. So in other words, he gets spoon fed info that he's allowed to give to the public.[/QUOTE]

SE's Visual Works are using their brains and fingers to create the CGI trailer, they make trailers. Karl comes to them with the idea, if it's too much to get done by the specified date then they can't do the entire trailer, they collaborate to find what would be a good amount of trailer to complete in the amount of time given.

I don't see what's so hard to understand about that, of course SE had that control, they were making the trailer. It doesn't mean they're in there deciding everything and that it must go through their offices first.

leglion 06-02-12 00:29

[QUOTE]Bran manager: Person who has marketing responsibilities to develop and execute marketing programs that increase brand identity and awareness for a specific product.[/QUOTE]

Brand managers aren't directly involved int he making of the game so they wouldn't know everything about it. But to end this argument quickly, somebody tweet Karl and ask him if he knows everything there is to know about the game.

[QUOTE=larafan25;5958877]SE's Visual Works are using their brains and fingers to create the CGI trailer, they make trailers. Karl comes to them with the idea, if it's too much to get done by the specified date then they can't do the entire trailer, they collaborate to find what would be a good amount of trailer to complete in the amount of time given.

I don't see what's so hard to understand about that, of course SE had that control, they were making the trailer. It doesn't mean they're in there deciding everything and that it must go through their offices first.[/QUOTE]
Then why exactly can't they have control if they're paying for the game? BTW, square enix didn't make the trailer, Visual works did.

Linoshi Croft 06-02-12 00:30

[QUOTE=leglion;5958878]Brand managers aren't directly involved int he making of the game so they wouldn't know everything about it. But to end this argument quickly, somebody tweet Karl and ask him if he knows everything there is to know about the game.[/QUOTE]

Karl has always seemed pretty involved to me :confused: