www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider III (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Are you frustrated without the E3 1998 version of TR3? (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=227224)

TRExpertgamer 21-05-22 16:24

Are you frustrated without the E3 1998 version of TR3?

Hello everyone. Now I'm here to ask you a question. Do any of you feel frustrated without having the chance to play with the E3 1998 version of TR3 because it never had the chance to get released to the public?

KyleCroft 21-05-22 17:34

Oh my god.

_Seth 21-05-22 17:56

Yes, I'm gagging to play the Peru/very different version of Coastal Village

TRExpertgamer 21-05-22 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyleCroft (Post 8356641)
Oh my god.

I'm curious to know if any of you fans feel frustrated without having the chance to play with the original version of it. However I'm not sure if Dustie's level file of the E3 1998 level has a replica of the whole environment. And I think it'll take a long time to try to convert his level file from TR4'S game engine to the upgraded version of TR2'S game engine with the same animations just like the original version of the E3 1998 version of TR3 had. That's why I'm curious if any of you people feel who are frustrated without it besides me?

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Seth (Post 8356644)
Yes, I'm gagging to play the Peru/very different version of Coastal Village

That's very amazing to see this particular environment build combined with the coastal village level in that one whole level file especially with the blue and white boat that could be accessible for us to use as well besides seeing it in trailers and commercials of it. And it's always better for these types of discs to stay in the cleanest brand new condition if there's a last one of any of them. Otherwise we'll end up grieving without having the chance to play with all of the early versions of games as much as that'll be unfair to us with these types of dramatic situations.

TRExpertgamer 21-05-22 18:06

Post removed

ChrisChanSan 21-05-22 20:39

I played It at E3 , was great. My dad worked there and got a copy, must be flying around somewhere in his Tomb Raider chest in the attic.

TRExpertgamer 21-05-22 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisChanSan (Post 8356668)
I played It at E3 , was great. My dad worked there and got a copy, must be flying around somewhere in his Tomb Raider chest in the attic.

Really? Is that true?

Wolf 7 21-05-22 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer (Post 8356632)
Do any of you feel frustrated without having the chance to play with the E3 1998 version of TR3 because it never had the chance to get released to the public?

No. I touch grass :) :3

TRExpertgamer 21-05-22 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf 7 (Post 8356672)
No. I touch grass :) :3

Ok lol :vlol:

TombHackR 21-05-22 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer (Post 8356669)
Really? Is that true?

No, that wonít be true.

ChrisChanSan 21-05-22 20:48

I was looking for It , I want to rip some textures from It for my Custome Level, and decompile It.

Kubsy 21-05-22 20:49

Same as Nanaki, I touched some grass (it was extremely warm today), did some coding and tomb raider level building. I had a wholesome day! Tomorrow I will touch even more grass depends on what's the weather tomorrow or even go to another city to do some shopping cause why not :D *checks the weather for tomorrow*

Wolf 7 21-05-22 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kubsy (Post 8356677)
Same as Nanaki, I touched some grass (it was extremely warm today), did some coding and tomb raider level building. I had a wholesome day! Tomorrow I will touch even more grass depends on what's the weather tomorrow or even go to another city to do some shopping cause why not :D *checks the weather for tomorrow*

What a lovely day ^W^
TRExpertGamer, ever tried touching grass?

_Seth 21-05-22 21:31

Dustie made this, but never made the level available. I don't know why, though. :o

TRExpertgamer 21-05-22 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf 7 (Post 8356678)
What a lovely day ^W^
TRExpertGamer, ever tried touching grass?

Yes I sure did lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by TombHackR (Post 8356674)
No, that won’t be true.

Are you sure he's joking around with me on that?:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Seth (Post 8356683)
Dustie made this, but never made the level available. I don't know why, though. :o

You see if we try to convert this level file to TR2'S game engine, then how can we apply in the same animations just like the original version had it?

b122251 21-05-22 22:28

Dude, we've been over this. Let it go for heaven's sake. Wolf 7 is right. Grass definitely needs to be touched.

TRExpertgamer 21-05-22 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by b122251 (Post 8356691)
Dude, we've been over this. Let it go for heaven's sake. Wolf 7 is right. Grass definitely needs to be touched.

I do love the nature of grass and speaking about that the grass represents as yin wood:) Anyway now as I need to stay in topic about this subject, if you see these discs still exist for a long time, then they basically shouldn't end up getting destroyed. But that being said, if we have any old retail versions of game discs that are dying as they're snapping off, then of course these are basically the ones they can get destroyed because there's so many replicas of it that you can order online as well:)

UroshUchiha 21-05-22 23:23

Oh another thread for this. It's like the 17th now or something at this point.
No. I am not frustrated, I have better things to do.

TRExpertgamer 21-05-22 23:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by UroshUchiha (Post 8356694)
Oh another thread for this. It's like the 17th now or something at this point.
No. I am not frustrated, I have better things to do.

Ok well that's your opinion. I was grieved without the original version of it.

.snake. 22-05-22 01:30

My brother in Christ, it is hard for me to tell you this, but: no one cares about this besides you. No one.

TRExpertgamer 22-05-22 01:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by .snake. (Post 8356707)
My brother in Christ, it is hard for me to tell you this, but: no one cares about this besides you. No one.

I understand you're one of the people who doesn't care about it. But however that's why I was curious to know if anyone has the same opinion with this situation. That's why I came up with this idea to start posting this thread.

mizuno_suisei 22-05-22 01:40

No, I honestly dont care about it anymore . The damage was done and I think the only way it will come to light is if gets leaked in the future. A few lessons to be learnt.

Woops 22-05-22 01:59

honestly wanted this build for years but now I don't, and even if I mention it anywhere people think I'm insane. it's getting exhausting :>

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisChanSan (Post 8356675)
I was looking for It , I want to rip some textures from It for my Custome Level, and decompile It.

not sure if you're joking or not, in case you're not, I can decompile it for you x

TRExpertgamer 22-05-22 02:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woops (Post 8356714)
honestly wanted this build for years but now I don't, and even if I mention it anywhere people think I'm insane. it's getting exhausting :>

Well according to some of the pictures of the E3 1998 event, I did see there was plenty quantities of it. And I hope it'll finally get revealed again as for another chance...

TR1249 22-05-22 03:46

But anyways there's more important things than this E3 fad.

TRExpertgamer 22-05-22 03:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei (Post 8356712)
No, I honestly dont care about it anymore . The damage was done and I think the only way it will come to light is if gets leaked in the future. A few lessons to be learnt.

I don't need you to contradict or conflict against with me being curious from everyone else in this thread that's why this is my own thread and it goes right under my rules. So I appreciate for all of you to let me know if you have the same opinion with this issue as I need all of you to stay on topic with my own thread please...

medioka_music 22-05-22 04:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer (Post 8356723)
I don't need you to contradict or conflict against with me being curious from everyone else in this thread that's why this is my own thread and it goes right under my rules. So I appreciate for all of you to let me know if you have the same opinion with this issue as I need all of you to stay on topic with my own thread please...

I've lost count the amount of times you've brought this subject up and honestly at this point it's become nonsensical commentary. It's all been discussed at length and you still keep it going. It's like you don't know the meaning of the word "stop". You've brought it up so much that this subject has lost almost all meaning.

TRExpertgamer 22-05-22 04:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by medioka_music (Post 8356726)
I've lost count the amount of times you've brought this subject up and honestly at this point it's become nonsensical commentary. It's all been discussed at length and you still keep it going. It's like you don't know the meaning of the word "stop". You've brought it up so much that this subject has lost almost all meaning.

I mean without the original version of it could be frustrating because we might be able to build up a replica of it because it might be impossible to upgrade TR2'S game engine to add in with all of those animations to Lara. Who knows? Now I'm wondering if Dustie had the chance to replicate the environment of the E3 1998 version of TR3 in TR4'S game engine to begin with. :ponder:

.snake. 22-05-22 05:57

I understand that you simply don't understand what people are trying to tell you. Maybe it's a language barrier, or you have some health condition that keeps you from seeing your own behavior.

I do not mean to be unkind to you, but you have got to let it go and stop this. If anyone out there has it, you are the reason they aren't releasing it. We all know you are obsessed with it, but just try to not mention it again anywhere for at least a year, maybe even 3 years. And then perhaps it will finally turn up.

TRExpertgamer 22-05-22 06:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by .snake. (Post 8356731)
I understand that you simply don't understand what people are trying to tell you. Maybe it's a language barrier, or you have some health condition that keeps you from seeing your own behavior.

I do not mean to be unkind to you, but you have got to let it go and stop this. If anyone out there has it, you are the reason they aren't releasing it. We all know you are obsessed with it, but just try to not mention it again anywhere for at least a year, maybe even 3 years. And then perhaps it will finally turn up.

I need you to please stay on topic because I'm curious to know about everyone's opinions with this issue that happened in the past. So this basically means that I don't want any of you blaming me as if any of you would point your fingers at me therefore I will definitely not get my own time wasting with this BS. Now the reason why I like it and have so much interest with me playing as well is because I love the environment differences that's combined with the Coastal Village level, it's basically based with TR2'S game engine that somehow got upgraded, it also has different animations, TR2 sound fx, TR2 weapons. Brown tigers with black stripes :vlol:, you can use the blue and white boat and that's it!!:D

TombHackR 22-05-22 06:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer (Post 8356686)
Are you sure he's joking around with me on that?:)

Yes I am sure. Please donít believe anybody unless they already have a download link for it, there and then.

TRExpertgamer 22-05-22 06:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by TombHackR (Post 8356735)
Yes I am sure. Please don’t believe anybody unless they already have a download link for it, there and then.

I think Dustie could have it. Or maybe he has the level file of it. Which could be the reason why he rebuilt the E3 1998 version of TR3 in TR4'S game engine to begin with:ponder:

TombHackR 22-05-22 06:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer (Post 8356736)
I think Dustie could have it. Or maybe he has the level file of it. Which could be the reason why he rebuilt the E3 1998 version of TR3 in TR4'S game engine to begin with:ponder:

No he doesn’t. If he had it, then there would be no need to recreate it. Dustie will have looked at all of the E3 videos and tried to recreate it as best as possible, based off the videos.

Unless somebody releases a download link for the E3 build, I would not believe anybody who says they have it.

TRExpertgamer 22-05-22 07:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by TombHackR (Post 8356737)
No he doesnít. If he had it, then there would be no need to recreate it. Dustie will have looked at all of the E3 videos and tried to recreate it as best as possible, based off the videos.

Unless somebody releases a download link for the E3 build, I would not believe anybody who says they have it.

Ok but regardless of course the gaming developer studio members could be the ones who had those things to begin with even if they implicated the fact one of them finally released any of them. I bet it was running fast in the Windows 98 computers after they were made a while ago way back then:vlol:

Caesum 22-05-22 07:24

I heard your nearest psychiatrist has that E3 demo. Have you tried contacting him?

TRExpertgamer 22-05-22 07:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caesum (Post 8356740)
I heard your nearest psychiatrist has that E3 demo. Have you tried contacting him?

Nope and I know these people won't have it neither:vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol:

UroshUchiha 22-05-22 08:46

Quote:

At this point I believe it's a combination of both. See you all in a month or two when another topic of this type gets posted again by this individual.

.snake. 22-05-22 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by UroshUchiha (Post 8356745)
At this point I believe it's a combination of both. See you all in a month or two when another topic of this type gets posted again by this individual.

I've tried helping. But it's clear he really just doesn't get it.

As they say: the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Zsott 22-05-22 10:33

Quote:

And then perhaps it will finally turn up.

It did. In my attic. But because we are in a new time period era, and there's no more pink flying trees, I snapped the disc for myself to begin with.

perryloo 22-05-22 10:49

The blue boat is just a re-textured copy of the TR2 Venice boat with a bullet proof shield on the back, like as in James Bond movies :D

I made a version of it a while back, so you can see the action....;)
I can see why they never used it in any game, as the shield being solid, hides Lara a lot when viewed directly from the back.