www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

WWETombRaider 02-08-18 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs (Post 7941314)
What if the Shadow cover comes out in September with the game?

IDK if that's ever happened tbh, but Shadow already got multiple covers so it's not a big loss for the game. Just a first in the reboot saga.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 7941317)
That's the August issue. I think Enix is thinking of the September issue, with the cover reveal due on the 7th.

Oh, right. Has a game ever gotten an issue in the same month of release? It'd be great if Shadow gets it.

OrangeFr3ak 03-08-18 01:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 7940928)
I'd love one! And that would make sense, about the swimming faster, because they did say some outfits do have "perks" that improve some skills!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenchiKun96 (Post 7940929)
I'd love an outfit like that for Lara,along with a nice long underwater section. I hate the boat levels on TR2 but I love the wetsuit. Really hope she gets something similar to go with the new underwater swimming...

Yup, or there can even be two wetsuit outfits, one which lets Lara swim faster and one which lets Lara remain underwater longer. Or these can even have scuba gear, mask and fins!

plastiboi 03-08-18 02:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeFr3ak (Post 7941378)
Yup, or there can even be two wetsuit outfits, one which lets Lara swim faster and one which lets Lara remain underwater longer. Or these can even have scuba gear, mask and fins!

that reminds me, if she DOES actually go diving - sheíll have to take her rebreather with her, right? Because in Rise i felt like it was just a teensy bit of a let down that she didnít do major deep sea diving, and it wouldíve been useful for Lara in this adventure; maybe they forgot? maybe they didnít want to make underwater exploration any easier?
who knows

CrowdedToaster 03-08-18 03:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by plastiboi (Post 7941379)
that reminds me, if she DOES actually go diving - she’ll have to take her rebreather with her, right? Because in Rise i felt like it was just a teensy bit of a let down that she didn’t do major deep sea diving, and it would’ve been useful for Lara in this adventure; maybe they forgot? maybe they didn’t want to make underwater exploration any easier?
who knows

She won't be using a rebreather this time around. But it seems there is deeper diving this time. Though I don't think it will be to the extent of Underworld's diving

AntRaidsTombs 03-08-18 03:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrowdedToaster (Post 7941396)
She won't be using a rebreather this time around. But it seems there is deeper diving this time. Though I don't think it will be to the extent of Underworld's diving

Yeah, I believe the rebreather is gone. Since they said there is a skillfor you to upgrade her breath underwater

Heartache 03-08-18 03:48

the rebreather made no sense anyway and underwater gameplay was nonexistent to begin with. i hope they turned water gameplay completely around

AntRaidsTombs 03-08-18 03:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartache (Post 7941401)
the rebreather made no sense anyway and underwater gameplay was nonexistent to begin with. i hope they turned water gameplay completely around

I mean it is a game after all, half the stuff done in video games donít make sense. They said you can fully explore underwater and there are tomb and crypt entrances located underwater also. So you really have to explore

2001LC20 03-08-18 05:22

It's not that i care much but Llama looks like it came from ps3 era! It's so low detailed especially the fur. I hope this is early build but i doubt.

https://mobile.twitter.com/tombraide...37850018586625

Also there is something wrong with Lara's eyes? Almost feels like a robot. :o

tomblover 03-08-18 06:06

PS3 era? I was going to say PS2 -- no, PS1, actually.

It's embarrassing that EM would even think of releasing the game in this clearly unfinished state where everything is so low-res and looks like sodding Duck Hunt.

Right?

[/heavy sarcasm but could literally be any one of a select few ppl on this forum]

https://i.imgur.com/taw2KIE.gif

Please PM me when we've found something meaningful to discuss...

Zael 03-08-18 06:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomblover (Post 7941410)
PS3 era? I was going to say PS2 -- no, PS1, actually.

It's embarrassing that EM would even think of releasing the game in this clearly unfinished state where everything is so low-res and looks like sodding Duck Hunt.

Right?

[/heavy sarcasm but could literally be any one of a select few ppl on this forum]

Several of the folks complaining here are generally not simple 'knee-jerk' critics of the Reboot. As I noted in that post, I personally prefer the overall look of Shadow over the previous games, but I do know what many folks are referring to, in particular with regard to the appearance of many of the surfaces/materials (especially in some of the more open/outdoor areas), or as Nausinous puts it in the linked thread, "For me personally, I think the game is a step backwards, the things I expected to be refined haven't, for instance, the... and for whatever reason, the lighting engine from the last game seems to be completely absent... its absence is glaringly obvious...".

I think that statement may be overlooking some of the inconsistencies in Rise (especially in the open/hub areas; there was also a big difference between in-game graphics versus cutscenes in Rise), but I can see where the complaint is coming from, even if I personally don't prioritize the 'cutting-edge' look and prefer the overall look of Shadow.

And there are indeed surfaces/materials in Shadow that do have the cutting-edge look (devs have clearly focused on Lara and her model's interaction with light, during wet and dry conditions, for example; and the tombs have a greater percentage of such materials).

It's entirely possible that it was simply a choice to focus on bigger areas, with more content/NPC's/etc (or that a large proportion of the content we've seen is from areas that are larger, with more content/NPC's/etc), and not a result of lack of time or relative inexperience on the part of the new dev with the PBR pipeline that Crystal developed (EM were using a different engine before).

I've simply been hoping that they now make efforts to present the graphics in the best possible light (one / two / three), given the demands for cutting-edge graphics in every major release these days.