www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Mikky 26-03-18 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuits (Post 7843719)
Do you think this is what CD was going for?;)

Maybe? Although we have to consider the whole eclipse thing, that definitely seems to have a correlation with the title too. So, which came first, the title or the story? Did they already have the plan to name it Shadow of the Tomb Raider while making Rise, or did they just give it this title because "hey, there's an eclipse in our game and Shadow of the Tomb Raider sounds kind of cool"? Unless they had down the foundations for these things from the very beginning i.e. when making TR2013. Maybe we will never know. :ponder: #overthinking

Leon2703 26-03-18 21:36

Twilight of the Tomb Raider confirmed :admles:

Chamayoo 26-03-18 23:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo505 (Post 7843670)
Seems that’s just the naming convention for the rebooted series, which is coming to a close now. Though I do wish they’d have swapped Rise and Shadow’s titles—Rise of the Tomb Raider seems like a much more fitting name for a finale.

I even think the name "Tomb Raider" fits more Shadow than the 2013 one. They pretend Lara will become the Tomb Raider in the upcoming one, so... :p
I would maybe name TR2013 "Survive of the Tomb Raider".

(Though I hate since the beginning to just name it "Tomb Raider".)

CrowdedToaster 27-03-18 03:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by ave.avei (Post 7843714)
Really? I would say Rise --> Shadow is a better continuation. The sun has to rise before it is able to cast a shadow right?

Oh my gosh!!! That's such an amazing way to put it! Apart from the whole eclipse part of the game, I think that's a real good reason as to why it's called Shadow. This also helps clarify why it's only now that Lara is becoming the Tomb Raider. She survived, made a mark, rose to new heights, and she's pretty high up and can now finally cast her shadow over the world.

Stevo505 27-03-18 03:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrowdedToaster (Post 7843858)
Oh my gosh!!! That's such an amazing way to put it! Apart from the whole eclipse part of the game, I think that's a real good reason as to why it's called Shadow. This also helps clarify why it's only now that Lara is becoming the Tomb Raider. She survived, made a mark, rose to new heights, and she's pretty high up and can now finally cast her shadow over the world.

Ok, I take back what I said. That makes a lot of sense and is pretty awesome sounding tbh :p If they continue making games, I hope they move away from “blank of the Tomb Raider” and try something different.

CraigL 27-03-18 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrowdedToaster (Post 7843858)

I like this idea. I've never been a fan of Shadow because of the negative connotations. Shadow of your former self and all that. But your idea puts a much more positive spin on it.

James_Rutland 27-03-18 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigL (Post 7843906)
I like this idea. I've never been a fan of Shadow because of the negative connotations. Shadow of your former self and all that. But your idea puts a much more positive spin on it.

So in fact it is us who are in the Shadow of the Tomb Raider? ;)

dcw123 27-03-18 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo505 (Post 7843865)
Ok, I take back what I said. That makes a lot of sense and is pretty awesome sounding tbh :p If they continue making games, I hope they move away from “blank of the Tomb Raider” and try something different.

This..
either go back to numbers or subtitled ie "Tomb Raider - ???"

Vaskito 27-03-18 10:32

Tomb Raider and the Deathly Hallows

shockwave_pulsar00 27-03-18 13:03

I always took the naming convention of the games as:

Tomb Raider - Lara is shaped into becoming a Tomb Raider throughout the game.

Rise - Lara's overall skill and drive to be a great Tomb Raider is tested.

Shadow - Lara is comfortable and confident in what she does and is able to now make her mark on the world as a professional at what she does.

That's my overall opinion anyway.