www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

klona 19-07-12 16:00

I don't know what you all are talking about? Which gameplay?

larafan25 19-07-12 16:06

The leaked gameplay from 2011 impressed me when it came to the facial animations. But I would agree the stuff we've seen now, there is a quality of tightness to Lara's face, as if some parts are not moving.

just*raidin*tomb 19-07-12 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomb_of_Darkns (Post 6333174)
I don't think they changed the mo-cap from the leaked gameplay, i just think that their mo-capping is inconsistent.

I would have to agree with this. It's quite strange. Perhaps they aren't finished or something. But to me, that would be just a little strange to have half finished animations in a section they were presenting.

larafan25 19-07-12 17:50

I believe somewhere someone said something along the lines of something which sort of implied that maybe they iterate on cutscenes and thus take the actors back into the "Volume" to act out a scene again.

Or something.

Hairhelmet12 19-07-12 18:06

Ya'll need to catch me up, I've been gone for a week. >.>

lcroft_lc 19-07-12 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hairhelmet12 (Post 6333645)
Ya'll need to catch me up, I've been gone for a week. >.>

You missed tons of contents. It will take some time to catch on. :(

LNSNHGTDS 19-07-12 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcroft_lc (Post 6333708)
You missed tons of contents. It will take some time to catch on. :(

Wow, really, I wasn't playing that much attention to the Tomb Raider threads lately, apart from some interviews which I was too bored to watch I didn't found anything Comic-Con related. Was a new demo or something released?

ItIsOkBro 19-07-12 18:53

I strongly believe the playable demos they've been showing publicly are way way early in development.

Spong 19-07-12 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6333106)
The jump at 1:31 is horrbile. It looks like there is some magnetic field sucking her towards the ledge and to the left. So what the **** is that? :confused:

You suckered me into watching (a small bit) of that vid, you owe me twenty seconds of my life. But you're right though, she definitely swerves to the left in mid-air. To be honest, it kinda looked reminiscent of the awful scripted jumps in all their other games, but it sort of looked like she was brushing against some invisible object too. Either way, it didn't look great.

Stevo505 19-07-12 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItIsOkBro (Post 6333766)
I strongly believe the playable demos they've been showing publicly are way way early in development.

Pre-beta.

lcroft_lc 19-07-12 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6333751)
Wow, really, I wasn't playing that much attention to the Tomb Raider threads lately, apart from some interviews which I was too bored to watch I didn't found anything Comic-Con related. Was a new demo or something released?

All the demos and stuffs are in the OP- :D
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=192512

just*raidin*tomb 19-07-12 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spong (Post 6333772)
You suckered me into watching (a small bit) of that vid, you owe me twenty seconds of my life. But you're right though, she definitely swerves to the left in mid-air. To be honest, it kinda looked reminiscent of the awful scripted jumps in all their other games, but it sort of looked like she was brushing against some invisible object too. Either way, it didn't look great.

Yeah it's like you can only steer her in mid air only for a bit and then she just sticks to it automatically. Not cool. I also saw something similar in another video when she was jumping towards a pole.

LNSNHGTDS 19-07-12 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcroft_lc (Post 6333781)
All the demos and stuffs are in the OP- :D
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=192512

Wow... thanks but TOO MANY VIDEOS :p ! No way am I watching them all :p :o ...

Do any of thema actually feature anything or are there just the already known parts?

ItIsOkBro 19-07-12 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevo505 (Post 6333777)
Pre-beta.

The leaked gameplay could have been pre-pre-beta :pi:

just*raidin*tomb 19-07-12 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItIsOkBro (Post 6333845)
The leaked gameplay could have been pre-pre-beta :pi:

The leaked gameplay from last year? Yeah I'm assuming that was alpha or something close to it.

ItIsOkBro 19-07-12 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6333857)
The leaked gameplay from last year? Yeah I'm assuming that was alpha or something close to it.

But apparently it looks better (I haven't seen it). I'm just sayin it's possible the build they're showing now is older than the leaked gameplay build which is why that looked better.

Stevo505 19-07-12 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItIsOkBro (Post 6333845)
The leaked gameplay could have been pre-pre-beta :pi:

Well of course it's pre-beta since it was before beta :p I'm just saying, the gameplay shown this year still isn't even beta.

Also I doubt they would show older code.

Kelly Craftman 19-07-12 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb (Post 6333857)
The leaked gameplay from last year? Yeah I'm assuming that was alpha or something close to it.

Everything we saw last year was Pre alpha, according to Jay.

TippingWater 19-07-12 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6333416)
The leaked gameplay from 2011 impressed me when it came to the facial animations. But I would agree the stuff we've seen now, there is a quality of tightness to Lara's face, as if some parts are not moving.

I think in this year's E3 her face looked great when she was using the walkie talkie to talk to Sam :cln:.

larafan25 19-07-12 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by TippingWater (Post 6334035)
I think in this year's E3 her face looked great when she was using the walkie talkie to talk to Sam :cln:.

Oh yes, how could I forget that!

Also the parachute cutscene, man she was so alive there! :D

just*raidin*tomb 19-07-12 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItIsOkBro (Post 6333910)
But apparently it looks better (I haven't seen it). I'm just sayin it's possible the build they're showing now is older than the leaked gameplay build which is why that looked better.

It's not. It says pre-beta and they just hit alpha in march was it? Something like that. So yeah. I'm pretty darn sure it's the most recent build in regards to what they could polish before e3. That just...doesn't make any sense. :p

Stevo505 19-07-12 22:09

The only problem I have with the facial animations is sometimes it doesn't look like they are saying the words that come out of their mouths. Like when sh asks Sam "Remember that?" it doesn't look like she says "remember" at all.

Captain Rob 19-07-12 22:22

Just watched the vid of that wall jump. It looks as if Lara launches off of a rock with her right foot to make it up the wall.

Valentino 19-07-12 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6334064)
Oh yes, how could I forget that!

Also the parachute cutscene, man she was so alive there! :D

I dont know why but I absolutely love the scared "Noo" she says when the first parachute fails to work.

SeanCordernay 19-07-12 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6334064)
Oh yes, how could I forget that!

Also the parachute cutscene, man she was so alive there! :D

The parachute scene and the leaked gameplay are, in my opinion, the best they've shown so far !!!

And I agree, some of the facial animations look "stiff" in some of the new gameplay

just*raidin*tomb 20-07-12 00:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valentino (Post 6334273)
I dont know why but I absolutely love the scared "Noo" she says when the first parachute fails to work.

I think its more of a "ohhHHH" like she's in pure disbelief. But yeah, I rather like it. The scene is done very well for what it is.

larafan25 20-07-12 00:52

Reading that "ohhHHH" made me want to watch it again.

SpyrosMonster 20-07-12 00:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6334364)
Reading that "ohhHHH" made me want to watch it again.

Me too... *Searches Youtube*

larafan25 20-07-12 01:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyrosMonster (Post 6334371)
Me too... *Searches Youtube*

Searches own videos for the HD version.

:mis:

just*raidin*tomb 20-07-12 01:16

It kind of does sound like she goes "no-ohhHHHHH"

I can't be sure.

larafan25 20-07-12 01:17

I think she says "Oh noooOOOOOOOOAWWWHQ HGHBNEHZDI KLGHB NZK,.M"

just*raidin*tomb 20-07-12 01:28

We'll find out when we have the game and can turn captions on ;alksdjfaoweifj.

ItIsOkBro 20-07-12 01:40

I never knew parachutes had backup chutes :pi: it is a good idea.

SeanCordernay 20-07-12 02:07

All this talk is making me want to reenact the scene...in real life ...

larafan25 20-07-12 02:12

Whenever I think of people sky diving and parachuting, it makes me laugh because I imagine myself as an alien, looking down at this marble raindrop of a planet and atmosphere, seeing all of these little funny monkeys in their world with this funny thing called gravity, and they climb all the way up to the top and just fall for the thrill and fun of it.

It's cute.

SeanCordernay 20-07-12 02:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6334439)
Whenever I think of people sky diving and parachuting, it makes me laugh because I imagine myself as an alien, looking down at this marble raindrop of a planet and atmosphere, seeing all of these little funny monkeys in their world with this funny thing called gravity, and they climb all the way up to the top and just fall for the thrill and fun of it.

It's cute.

Lol we must be so primitive to them. Humans and their cheap thrills...

Tomb_of_Darkns 20-07-12 02:47

Ugh this convo makes me upset since I can't fall from a really high height without imminently falling to my death :(
Such a rough and sad life we humans have...*le sigh*

larafan25 20-07-12 03:03

This discussion reminds me of that fatful morning I dropped the Sea Moneys.

Anyways.

So... I have this to say but never know how to materialize my thoughts properly...

I found the crates of salvage in the night hub. And salvage is just crates of invisible stuff it seems, which works as a sort of ...currency, for repairing tools.

As opposed to a more intimate system which requires finding specific parts to repair and enhance tools.

I guess because TR is an action adventure game or something like that. I don't mind.

SeanCordernay 20-07-12 03:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomb_of_Darkns (Post 6334453)
Ugh this convo makes me upset since I can't fall from a really high height without imminently falling to my death :(
Such a rough and sad life we humans have...*le sigh*

Just believe you can fly and everything will be alright... I'll give you a push lol

And it is kinda weird how Lara finds all these crates that she can salvage. Yet when she finds them she just destroys them and never actually looks in them. I would prefer if she would just salvage specific parts but whatever. It's no biggie I suppose...

ivaneiroX 20-07-12 06:46

theres any ps3 footage? i really want to see how it look on ps3 :p


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:27.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.