www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

Spong 30-08-13 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 6892492)
That is so appalingly weak and unthreatening, even Yahtzee said:

"When she's supposed to be yelling defiantly at her foes, the voice actress sounded more like the head girl giving a half time pep talk at the county netball finals"

http://i.imgur.com/0qerQ51.png

Yup, ****ing weak and pathetic. :rolleyes:

Yahtzee has reviewed TR9? God bless him and his reviews, where TR9 is concerned, I'm sure he says it like it is :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by pirate1802 (Post 6893431)
I'll keep an eye out for it when i visit the area next time! (and reward it with an arrow)

Just head down to the beach, the crabs are all over the place. I was hoping the achievement would be tied to a specific crab but it wasn't. Alas, like the swimming, I guess that was something else Crystal could wrap their heads around.

hayden 30-08-13 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcroft_lc (Post 6893426)
All Crab's are Fee Fee's just like all human are Homo Sapiens. :tea:

There is actually a crab with a purple heart on its back ;)
that one is feefee

Jonipoon 30-08-13 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valentino (Post 6893348)
I mean, was you immersed in them. Did anything in them put you off?

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Ninja_ (Post 6893350)
Because you're obliged to sneer at them with cynicism. If not you're everything that's wrong with modern gaming.

The cut scenes were very well done, apart from the poor acting of Lara's crew members. Roth and Lara were the most believable ones, and since they had the most screen time I was pretty much OK with it.

Quick time events didn't occur that many times, so that was also OK.

The blend between actual gameplay and cut scenes were nicely done, and even though there's a lot of cut scenes in the game there's also a lot of gameplay and it takes a good 15 or so hours to complete it the first time.

I don't really see what you guys would like me to complain about. And Ninja, if you don't like the new TR why even bother using the new Lara as your avatar?

lcroft_lc 30-08-13 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by hayden (Post 6893460)
There is actually a crab with a purple heart on its back ;)
that one is feefee

Yeah I know right? ;)

_Ninja_ 30-08-13 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonipoon (Post 6893465)
And Ninja, if you don't like the new TR why even bother using the new Lara as your avatar?

I was being sarcastic. A lot of people here think cutscenes are the devil and bash gamers who like them.

Spong 30-08-13 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by hayden (Post 6893460)
There is actually a crab with a purple heart on its back ;)
that one is feefee

AFAIK, you can shoot any crab to get the Crab Cakes trophy/achievement, even the vids online show as much. Most people shoot one of the crabs near the first mine to the left of the pier, but there's plenty of vids of people travelling to the beach beyond the shipwreck to do it.

Only TR lover 30-08-13 16:55

Somehow I always feel a bit sad when I kill a crab :/

BTW Just playing Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and I customized 2 of the characters into AoD Lara and young TR2013 Lara :jmp: This is the closest I could do for now :D

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5229/h9ll.jpg

tiann 30-08-13 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Only TR lover (Post 6893571)
Somehow I always feel a bit sad when I kill a crab :/

BTW Just playing Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and I customized 2 of the characters into AoD Lara and young TR2013 Lara :jmp: This is the closest I could do for now :D

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5229/h9ll.jpg

your TR2013 Lara has TRU Lara giant hands :vlol:

Only TR lover 30-08-13 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiann (Post 6893580)
your TR2013 Lara has TRU Lara giant hands :vlol:

:vlol: That's true! Those were enormous. :vlol: So are these! :D Can't do anything about it though.

Patrick star 30-08-13 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Ninja_ (Post 6893471)
I was being sarcastic. A lot of people here think cutscenes are the devil and bash gamers who like them.

don't forget the QTEs whiners ....
enjoying QTEs = a huge crime and you're not a true tomb raider fan .

pirate1802 30-08-13 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick star (Post 6893609)
don't forget the QTEs whiners ....
enjoying QTEs = a huge crime and you're not a true tomb raider fan .

This thing is present in every fanbase. If you enjoy/do not enjoy X then you are not a true fan of said game series. Go over to BSN and say that you are okay or atleast not in anguish over ME3's ending and see how quick you're branded a heretic. ;)

Patrick star 30-08-13 17:50

yeah , we have a lot of Tomb raider lawers here whose job is to judge who is a true TR fan and who isn't .

Anja 30-08-13 19:22

Awww it is so nice seeing all QTE dislikers being branded as "preachy whining lawyers" when that isn't even remotely true. I find it very amusing that you are berating QTEs dislikers for the same thing that you are doing right now- being intolerant towards other people's opinions. Don't you just love hypocrisy?

TheRCroft 30-08-13 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anja (Post 6893697)
Awww it is so nice seeing all QTE dislikers being branded as "preachy whining lawyers" when that isn't even remotely true. I find it very amusing that you are berating QTEs dislikers for the same thing that you are doing right now- being intolerant towards other people's opinions. Don't you just love hypocrisy?

I don't see anyone berating QTEs dislikers, at least in this page :confused: I see people complaining about those QTEs dislikers who say those who like QTEs are not true Tomb Raider fans and that everybody should hate QTEs with a burning passion because they think it's one of the cancers of today's gaming. And yes, there are people like that.

Anja 30-08-13 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRCroft (Post 6893731)
I don't see anyone berating QTEs dislikers, at least in this page :confused: I see people complaining about those QTEs dislikers who say those who like QTEs are not true Tomb Raider fans and that everybody should hate QTEs with a burning passion because they think it's one of the cancers of today's gaming. And yes, there are people like that.

Of course there are people like that, but not every QTE disliker is like that- wich is the point I am trying to make. And branding all QTE dislikers as whiners seems intolerant to me, just like branding all QTE supports as no true TR fans is intolerant. Hence the hypocrisy comment.

TheRCroft 30-08-13 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anja (Post 6893740)
Of course there are people like that, but not every QTE disliker is like that- wich is the point I am trying to make. And branding all QTE dislikers as whiners seems intolerant to me, just like branding all QTE supports as no true TR fans is intolerant. Hence the hypocrisy comment.

Of course, but I don't think they were saying everyone who dislikes QTEs bash the ones who do. It would indeed be hypocritical and untrue to say that. I agree, it goes both ways.

larafan25 30-08-13 22:01

Can't it be said that like...

Say the game is just one big QTE, like an extreme, Heavy Rain-esque cinematic experience. The person who plays and enjoys that game is still a Tomb Raider fan, but only a fan of the subject matter, not a type of gameplay that is native to Tomb Raider and tomb raiding.

Spong 30-08-13 23:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6893831)
Say the game is just one big QTE, like an extreme, Heavy Rain-esque cinematic experience. The person who plays and enjoys that game is still a Tomb Raider fan, but only a fan of the subject matter, not a type of gameplay that is native to Tomb Raider and tomb raiding.

In simple terms, they'd be a fan of a game called Tomb Raider, not a fan of Tomb Raider in the sense that us sad nerds mean it. That's where the new fans are at now with TR9. TR9 is Tomb Raider in name alone really.

EscondeR 31-08-13 15:04

^ ... and sadly.

pirate1802 31-08-13 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick star (Post 6893622)
yeah , we have a lot of Tomb raider lawers here whose job is to judge who is a true TR fan and who isn't .

Lmao I can see it now :P

tomee 31-08-13 20:03

I don't actually like or support QTEs, but I don't really understand what's everyone's problem with them either. They're just there. I get them done and move on. No big deal.

larafan25 31-08-13 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomee (Post 6894366)
I don't actually like or support QTEs, but I don't really understand what's everyone's problem with them either. They're just there. I get them done and move on. No big deal.

The problem with QTEs is QTEs.

I tried making a couple different, longer responses, but I couldn't. I just know they're wrong.

Patrick star 31-08-13 20:16

I'm not a new fan , I'm a fan since the first one ....why can't I enjoy the recent tomb raider formula as well as the classic one ?? why is that such a big deal ?...there are both pros and cons in the classic and the new formula alike ...personally , I focus on the good things in both formulas and enjoy it instead of wasting my time bashing and bitching ....I'm not saying formula X is the best ...I just enjoy what I love to enjoy ..it's simple ..I never try to make myself a tomb raider lawyer as many in TRF do ...

larafan25 31-08-13 20:20

Nobody has said you can't, as far as I can see.

I just happen to see formula X as the best. A film cannot compete with a video game when it comes to interaction with a story and world. A QTE, a non sensical minigame who's focus is visual stimulation cannot compete with an entire system of coding that creates a constant sensation and reality.

_Ninja_ 31-08-13 20:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomee (Post 6894366)
I don't actually like or support QTEs, but I don't really understand what's everyone's problem with them either. They're just there. I get them done and move on. No big deal.

Same.

I do think however the first kill qte and the parachute were perfectly appropriate and can't really be done otherwise. Rest I can live without but they cause me no annoyance.

larafan25 31-08-13 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Ninja_ (Post 6894390)
Same.

I do think however the first kill qte and the parachute were perfectly appropriate and can't really be done otherwise. Rest I can live without but they cause me no annoyance.

I think that's the problem with QTEs. That is just not the case, there is always a way.

The devs just wanted the game to be cinematic... which unfortunately is... just that, they've taken an incredible medium and have then relied on strategies from another medium, which undermine what is so incredible about this medium.

That being said, I am not intending to undermine the obvious, precise benefits of the film-like strategy, but I think it does undermine the benefits of a dynamic video game experience.

_Ninja_ 31-08-13 20:30

I don't see how a handful of QTEs undermine anything. They certainly did not rely on them.

Patrick star 31-08-13 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6894388)
Nobody has said you can't, as far as I can see.
.

I'm talking on TRF in general not in this thread particularly , I guess there is a good number of members here who call anyone who happen to enjoy TR2013 " a stupid brainless gamer " ...why ? it's their own tomb raider law as I said .

larafan25 31-08-13 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick star (Post 6894397)
I'm talking on TRF in general not in this thread particularly , I guess there is a good number of members here who call anyone who happen to enjoy TR2013 " a stupid brainless gamer " ...why ? it's their own tomb raider law as I said .

Perhaps those people are just very emotional because they've lost something that was dear to them.

Patrick star 31-08-13 20:49

ah that's good , loosing the classic formula so they insult and mock others who loves both formulas and call them silly names ...that's so nice and polite ..

_Ninja_ 31-08-13 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick star (Post 6894412)
ah that's good , loosing the classic formula so they insult and mock others who loves both formulas and call them silly names ...that's so nice and polite ..

You see we stole their golden days of gaming with our "casualness".

Patrick star 31-08-13 20:55

Unfortunately ....bad us ..

tomee 31-08-13 21:38

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/images/13/mar/tomb8.jpg
That palace seemed pretty far away, but eventually I managed to set it on fire.

OMG :vlol:

larafan25 31-08-13 21:40

:vlol:

She sets everything on fire. She's just a lil narcissist.

wait

You know what I meant.

Rai 31-08-13 21:42

Arsonist is the word you're looking for. It wasn't Lara that started the fires though, was it?

larafan25 31-08-13 21:43

Well she was down in those caves ingiting all that gas. http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...ps5075a84e.png

tomee 31-08-13 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6894453)
:vlol:

She sets everything on fire.

IKR, she's even worse than Adele. http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...ps5075a84e.png

larafan25 31-08-13 21:46

Aww, but Adele set fire to the rain, nobody can top that.

I hope the sequel has just as much torch play.

SKing 31-08-13 21:50

I want to set Fire, to the Caaaaaves ♪ -Lara Croft

And the thing you make with the torch are pretty basic, I'd love to use it for set something to fire, make smoke and create a distraction with that :D
Or use it as a finisher :pi:

larafan25 31-08-13 21:51

GUISE.

What if we could sneak up on someone and set them on fire with the torch? D:

Then he starts screaming and **** and all the other hoes in the area are alerted and it's a distraction? D:

IT'S PERFECT.

CD.

CEEDEE!


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:42.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.