www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Software Development (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Meta2tr update. (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=135733)

sharalex 26-01-13 08:17

Indeed there are a couple of lines - sneaky little beggars. They'll be coming out of there immediately. Thanks for the help, Sapper. I'd forgotten you can open the mqo files as text!

meta2tr 26-01-13 08:50

@Sharalex
Sapper is right. Deleting lines containing 2 V( in the mqo file using a text editor will solve the problem, but you will have to reopen the mqo file in Metasequoia and re-save it before being able to import it using meta2tr. (Doing this updates another part of the mqo file which holds the number of faces in the object).

raiderromero 02-02-13 04:27

NVM i just figured out how to do what i wanted lol

Shakira Croft 24-02-13 20:10

I'm in love with the weight tool :D

Mist objects by Teme9

Titak 24-02-13 21:35

Cool effect! :tmb:
Makes the mist look more dynamic. :D

It will especially look good when the fog is placed on watersurfaces of waterpools that als have the reflection effect in it.
That way it'll look as if the lighting effect in the water is reflected by the mist. :D

Shakira Croft 25-02-13 06:56

^ that's what I was thinking about but I didn't work on it.
It's a really cool tool, we can improve so much the atmosphere and the beauty of our levels, with the leaves, as Kentin did, for example.

dcw123 26-02-13 11:28

Hey guys .. I know this is probably in the wrong section but I really need some user friendly help with using Meta2TR.
I know how to UV and build in Meta, that isn't the problem.
Its putting it back into a TR4 file - think I'm doing it wrong..

Now, first of all, I added new materials/textures using Metasequoia.
Do they have to be in the TR4 file or can new textures be added via Metasequoia?

Secondly, after I converted a test room, ingame nothing, even the geometry had changed - either I copied the wrong TR4 file or something went wrong.
I also need help with 'injecting' models (ie) new model into Lara.
The tutorials on the Meta2TR site doesn't seem to help me much.
Could someone perhaps make a quick, simple step by step guide on how to do this with objects (I take it this works with enemies aswell?)
I can learn the rest of the way, but its just these parts I need more help with.

My upcoming/planned project relies heavily on Meta2TR to work so any help at all would be gratefully appreciated :)

Laras Boyfr. 26-02-13 20:44

Im having some problems with meta2tr :o
it crashes unexpectedly while loading

Quote:

8112: LoadObjects
8128: ProcessMeshData 1376
8128: End ProcessMeshData
8128: LoadSprites
8144: LoadCameras
8175: LoadSoundEffects
8175: Number of SFX 0
8206: LoadBoxes
8284: LoadTextureInfos
8284: Texture Infos : 7490
8284: AdjustUV
8315: Crash at 0x47356A Reason: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Importing room 10 ........ 3678 vertices 7490 level textures
t's about AdjustUV violation
Anyone knows anything about it?

meta2tr 28-02-13 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laras Boyfr. (Post 6673118)
Im having some problems with meta2tr :o
it crashes unexpectedly while loading

t's about AdjustUV violation
Anyone knows anything about it?

One thing that causes this error is if you have faces in the visible geometry that are textured with floor_tile.bmp.

meta2tr 28-02-13 20:46

Edit: the tr4 file works like a zip archive, when you drag it onto the meta2tr icon you unpack its contents, and when you drag those contents onto meta2tr you put them back into a copy of the level called newlevel.tr4.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcw123 (Post 6671601)
Now, first of all, I added new materials/textures using Metasequoia.
Do they have to be in the TR4 file or can new textures be added via Metasequoia?

You can add new tiles to the level. They should be
- 256 x 256 pixels,
- a BMP file (not JPG, PNG etc)
- have a name that ends with 3 figures (for example Snow059.bmp)
They are imported by dragging them onto the meta2tr icon.
Edit: this is only possible if the level doesn't have bump mapped textures.

Quote:

Secondly, after I converted a test room, ingame nothing, even the geometry had changed - either I copied the wrong TR4 file or something went wrong.

Well first you build the level with the test room as a tr4 file. Then you drag this file onto the meta2tr icon and you will get mqo and bmp files. Look for RoomAll.mqo, or RoomsAndFloor.mqo, this is where you will find your test room, it will be called RoomNNN where NNN is a number. Then you can edit this object in Metasequoia and also any bmp files in Photoshop or Paint or similar software. When your room is how you want it to be in Metasequoia, make sure this test room is visible by clicking on the eye icon (this will tell meta2tr to import that object). Then you save the mqo file. Then drag and drop the edited (and new) bmp files onto the meta2tr icon. Then drag and drop the new mqo file onto the meta2tr icon. This will import the bmp and mqo files, but not into the original tr4 file. In fact a new file is created, called newlevel.tr4, which is a copy of the original tr4 plus your edits. Then add an entry to your script that calls newlevel.tr4 and then you can test it in game.

Quote:

I also need help with 'injecting' models (ie) new model into Lara.
The tutorials on the Meta2TR site doesn't seem to help me much.
Could someone perhaps make a quick, simple step by step guide on how to do this with objects (I take it this works with enemies aswell?)
I can learn the rest of the way, but its just these parts I need more help with.

It's the same as above, except you edit the Lara objects in MoveAll.mqo. To test this rapidly, you could try importing the Lara I made for the v7 demo level. To do this, you follow steps above to the point where the tr4 file you built in the level editor has been dragged onto meta2tr to produce the mqo and bmp files. If you've already done this (to edit the test room), you don't need to do it again. This time, instead of editing RoomAll, just drag the v7 demo LARA bmp tiles onto the meta2tr icon. (numbers 40 to 49). Then drag LARA_new and HAIR_new onto the meta2tr icon. This imports those files into newlevel.tr4 (remember that newlevel.tr4 is a copy of the original tr4 plus whatever mqo or bmp files you have imported). Then add an entry to your script that calls newlevel.tr4 and then you can test it in game.