www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

johnanonymouz 18-03-18 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athukraz (Post 7837851)
Do you think we should be able to take cover on our own and not just release the aim button to take cover, and Lara to be able to blindfire, shoot while hanging and running etc? Do you think they want to do this but won't because they are afraid people will find more reasons to hate and call it even more of an Uncharted copy?

I think Lara will still take cover on her own, I'd love lara being able to shoot while running and hanging cause there is no reason she couldn't.

Athukraz 18-03-18 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnanonymouz (Post 7837856)
I think Lara will still take cover on her own, I'd love lara being able to shoot while running and hanging cause there is no reason she couldn't.

I saw Deathless Ones pulling Trinity soldiers off the ledges while hanging, similar to Uncharted and I'd like Lara to do that too

princebenidere 18-03-18 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athukraz (Post 7837851)
Do you think we should be able to take cover on our own and not just release the aim button to take cover, and Lara to be able to blindfire, shoot while hanging and running etc? Do you think they want to do this but won't because they are afraid people will find more reasons to hate and call it even more of an Uncharted copy?

this! all of this
i wish they will implement more ways in combat, the combat in uncharted keeps evolving into a very good and fluid combat overtime and i would like Shadow to adapt and evolve as well with a twist of its own to differentiate it from the other third person shooter games. :jmp:

there are lots of cool stuff they can implement and add to make the combat more fun rather than just throwing millions of mercs at her.

i dont think uncharted invented the blindfire ability and if shadow will implement it make it less accurate than uncharted.

NoahCrofRaider 18-03-18 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by TR1249 (Post 7837822)
The last sentence before the game ends could be:

"What's a man gotta do to get that kinda attention from you?" :p

Oh my gosh, pretty please?! :jmp::jmp::jmp:

Actually, scratch that. They could actually seriously mess up the classics. More now than ever. :ponder:

James_Rutland 18-03-18 16:00

Anyone else think Jason Graves might have returned for Shadow? I think he only couldn't come back for Rise because of scheduling conflicts so maybe? I can imagine his TR2013 sound being fitting for the Native American instruments and stuff we get for this game. He may have even done the music for the Shadow teaser? Who knows!

NoahCrofRaider 18-03-18 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Rutland (Post 7838010)
Anyone else think Jason Graves might have returned for Shadow? I think he only couldn't come back for Rise because of scheduling conflicts so maybe? I can imagine his TR2013 sound being fitting for the Native American instruments and stuff we get for this game. He may have even done the music for the Shadow teaser? Who knows!

That'd be nice. :) I actually remember a few of his tracks from TR2013 unlike Rise, I'm afraid.

biscuits 18-03-18 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Rutland (Post 7838010)

Unpopular opinion but I really liked Jason Grave's music. Especially the main theme. I'd be glad if he returned to compose for Shadow. I'd rather have a new composer tho.

Yeauxleaux 18-03-18 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuits (Post 7838027)
Unpopular opinion but I really liked Jason Grave's music. Especially the main theme. I'd be glad if he returned to compose for Shadow. I'd rather have a new composer tho.

Objectively his music is great. I think there's some themes from the 2013 game that are incredibly original, haunting, bold, and fit the "survivor" theme and action sequences perfectly.

I think it didn't stick with a lot of the diehard TR fans for the same reason the game overall didn't; too much of a depature from what we had before. It didn't have the classical instrumentals most of the previous games made use of, and the music was much deeper and heavier. I'm not trying to start yet another long-winded debate about whether it should honour the classic games, it's just what I think happened. It's the same reason I think Underworld's soundtrack isn't particularly memorable to TR fans, that was quite different too.

biscuits 18-03-18 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux (Post 7838043)
Objectively his music is great. I think there's some themes from the 2013 game that are incredibly original, haunting, bold, and fit the "survivor" theme and action sequences perfectly.

I think it didn't stick with a lot of the diehard TR fans for the same reason the game overall didn't; too much of a depature from what we had before. It didn't have the classical instrumentals most of the previous games made use of, and the music was much deeper and heavier. I'm not trying to start yet another long-winded debate about whether it should honour the classic games, it's just what I think happened. It's the same reason I think Underworld's soundtrack isn't particularly memorable to TR fans, that was quite different too.

Fair enough.
I think Jason Graves' music worked so well because it suited the game's atmosphere and setting.

Athukraz 18-03-18 16:36

I like Jason Graves' music. He made memorable music in TR2013 and Until Dawn. I'd be happy if he were back for Shadow.