www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Evan C. 07-06-18 19:43

What if Lara really died on the Yamatai shipwreck and everything is happening on her mind while she is agonizing on the shore? LOL

ThirteenCroft 07-06-18 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evan C. (Post 7895148)
What if Lara really died on the Yamatai shipwreck and everything is happening on her mind while she is agonizing on the shore? LOL

Inception of The Tomb Raider :D

irishhips 07-06-18 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evan C. (Post 7895148)

If she had died...GAME OVER, no more TOMB RAIDER since 2013 :tea:

dadadas 07-06-18 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider (Post 7895127)

Without the box the world can't be recreated, and since the apocalypse is already in motion, maybe a sacrifice has to be made in order to stop the apocalypse? Maybe that's why in the CG video Lara saved a boy from being sacrificed? Then perhaps Jonah sacrifices himself in the end?

So many possibilities :eek:

A human sacrifice to stop a Mayan apocalypse couldn't be any random person. In order for any sacrificial ritual to be performed successfully, the sacrificial victim must also meet some specific requirements from the ritual.

TrustyBow 07-06-18 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider (Post 7895145)
I don't like the defender of humanity angle for sure, Lara isn't a superhero, she's a a treasure hunter who is in it for sport. I much prefer to see her portrayed that way. I am not a fan of EVERY adventure being about saving the world, and I hope moving forward we can see Lara getting into trouble for sport's sake.

That's why Shadow's so interesting to me. Lara can't have the glory that comes with saving the world, considering she was the one to endanger it.

Samz 07-06-18 20:20

Well due to the whole "Defender" rubbish they said, I seriously doubt Lara's gonna be morally grey, its probably just gonna be she has to sacrifice Jonah or someone else, which I do NOT consider morally grey since its to save the world, wouldn't be the first time the reboot's chickened out of the entire premise of the game. (2013 not being a game about survival and Rise not really being about Lara becoming the Tomb Raider"

tombstone 07-06-18 20:30

? Tr13 was about surviving the island, she'd be dead had it not for her surviving it.

Samz 07-06-18 20:31

Yeah but it played like a generic TPS with some clearly thrown in optional puzzles, there were no survival elements of any kind

tombstone 07-06-18 20:38

Obviously she wasn't going to be hunting for food and drinking her own pee it's not an rpg, she survived the events of the island hence why she is a survivor.

TrustyBow 07-06-18 20:38

The survival elements were there but they were a lot more cinematic (Which i didn't). Rise integrates the survival element into the actual gameplay though.