www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Nausinous 19-03-18 18:18

2 hours and 15 minutes for 27%, we should be done in like 7 hours or more.

AimlessThunder 19-03-18 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamayoo (Post 7838897)
It's like his skills have augmented ! The "tribal" flavour is really good.

Yes. It sounds more raw but refined :D.

Bughye 19-03-18 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickybyrne20 (Post 7838933)
Oh, really? I didn't hear it all that well. It sounds good in its entirety.

I know! It reminds me of AoD, Legend and some Tomb Raider III! I like this dark vibe that it gives! I have a feeling that Shadow of the Tomb Raider, unlike TR2013 and RoTR will be much darker!

AimlessThunder 19-03-18 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bughye (Post 7838937)
I know! It reminds me of AoD, Legend and some Tomb Raider III! I like this dark vibe that it gives! I have a feeling that Shadow of the Tomb Raider, unlike TR2013 and RoTR will be much darker!

Yes please! :D

kathrynnn 19-03-18 18:22

Quote:

I have a feeling that Shadow of the Tomb Raider, unlike TR2013 and RoTR will be much darker!

This is exactly what I'm hoping for!

Cochrane 19-03-18 18:25

I keep being amazed by how many people on this forum want Quick Time Events back. (Full disclosure: I didn't count. It is conceivable that it's just one really loud person)

Given that there's also a huge fanbase for limited saves in the classic games, I think it's safe to say that in ten or twenty years, there will be people who angrily demand micropayments and lottery loot boxes for all new games.

just*raidin*tomb 19-03-18 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochrane (Post 7838948)
I keep being amazed by how many people on this forum want Quick Time Events back. (Full disclosure: I didn't count. It is conceivable that it's just one really loud person)

I'm pretty sure its almost universally undesired in the community?

WWETombRaider 19-03-18 18:31

There might be a vocal minority somewhere, but I was under the impression that TRF was unanimous in their dislike for them.

Ankh 19-03-18 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochrane (Post 7838948)

Given that there's also a huge fanbase for limited saves in the classic games, I think it's safe to say that in ten or twenty years, there will be people who angrily demand micropayments and lottery loot boxes for all new games.

QTEs are good way to make cutscene more immersial. For me QTE is way more better than normal non-interactive cutscene. Those from Legend and Anniversary were awesome ;)

Yeauxleaux 19-03-18 18:32

Quote:

Based on the trailer it looks it. I thought usually the second in a trilogy is the darkest, but Rise wasn't as dark as the 2013 game so they seem to be bucking the trend.

I'm kind of over it with all the "dark and gritty" in the media though, seriously I'm bored of it all. I really hope we get this game out the way and then go back to something a lot softer and more escapist. We can only do so much "gritty real" before it gets old.

I want no QTEs and less cutscenes. I'm also tired of games that feel more like movies than games. It's fine for a game to feel like a game.