Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The General Tomb Raider Movie discussion thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=195044)

Avalon SARL 24-05-13 17:38

I am writing a very beautiful and brilliant story about an adult Lara Croft with breathtaking moments... it has taken me around five years so i could finalize the concept behind the story and what it will be about...

Hopefully someday my story will see the light :)

Rai 24-05-13 23:36

That's great, I truly hope you keep going with your story and it does see the light of day. I'm intrigued, so maybe there will be a chance to read it at some point. :)

However, what does this have to do with TR movie discussion? Did you perhaps mean to post this in the Tomb Raider General Discussion thread? Or are you writing a film script?

Tonyrobinson 15-06-13 16:59

For the upcoming story if they adapt the new game I really hope they show us flashbacks of Hoshi's story it is begging to be shown in my opinion. They put a lot of effort into the backstory what took a back seat in the game that could have added a whole new element if it had been featured. Hoshi could easily have been a good secondary character within the plot and shown a greater understanding had she been shown in the cutscenes.

She was also the reason for them being trapped there in the first place and her sacrificing herself was brave and although she thought she did good she single handedly made it worse for the rest. I love her story I only hope they look into the game and bring an element of it into the film. It could be hard for time and I expect them to cut a lot but this could fit really well and add a new element for a side plot alongside the main action.

I am expecting a few of the crew to be cut because some of them don't seem essential to the story. I think the most expendable could be Grim, Jonah and Alex and I think the essential should be Roth, Whitman, Sam and Reyes mainly because they had the most fleshed out backstory of the characters. The others could be included to as a nod to the game and killed off early on without having to make them part of the main ensemble the movie goers would see them as just fellow crew whereas the gamers would see them as the members. I do think they will probably go all Hollywood and expand alarm and Alex's relationship if he is featured though. :p

TheRCroft 03-07-13 00:26

According to imdb:

[QUOTE]Archaeologist Lara Croft sets off on a series of international adventures.[/QUOTE]

So, the movie won't take place only on the island? Is this information reliable?

Rai 03-07-13 12:34

^That seems like a placeholder to me. It's a generalization based on the franchise. Overall, this is what Lara has been doing since '96.

amiro1989 03-07-13 15:37

Please, please, please....! Let Joe Wright be the director of TOMB RAIDER. He did such an amazing job on the movie HANNA. Please, he has to.

[CENTER][youtube]Dj6zCJyTq2I[/youtube][/CENTER]

Tonyrobinson 03-07-13 16:05

Ooh he would be good. If I was to pick the director for this I would want Gore Verbinski he worked wonders for the first three Pirate movies and could inject some tension and horror elements from The Ring. It depends if they go down the gritty route or the action adventure route though. I wouldn't personally mind a grittier reboot. :)

HowConvenient 03-07-13 20:30

[QUOTE=amiro1989;6841426]Please, please, please....! Let Joe Wright be the director of TOMB RAIDER. He did such an amazing job on the movie HANNA. Please, he has to.

[CENTER][youtube]Dj6zCJyTq2I[/youtube][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

I hope not! Sorry, but in my opinion that was an awful movie! The trailers looked good but I spent the whole movie thinking, "This HAS to pick up!" but it was just two hours of my life I wish I could get back. :/

Phlip 03-07-13 21:04

[QUOTE=HowConvenient;6841802]I hope not! Sorry, but in my opinion that was an awful movie! The trailers looked good but I spent the whole movie thinking, "This HAS to pick up!" but it was just two hours of my life I wish I could get back. :/[/QUOTE]

Totally agree.

AimlessThunder 03-07-13 21:32

[QUOTE=Phlip;6841848]Totally agree.[/QUOTE]

The music was the only good thing about that movie.