Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The General Tomb Raider Movie discussion thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=195044)

jflb 28-07-17 09:55

[QUOTE=James_Rutland;7765226]I just read more of the script and damn... I bet ya'll wish Sam was in the movie now [/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing when I read it. I prefer Lara crying "Saaaaam" all over the island than what they have written :o

James_Rutland 28-07-17 09:57

Well, they kinda screwed up her origin a bit. I think if it's successful enough for a sequel, that will be more of how a Tomb Raider movie should be like. [COLOR="White"]She will have twin pistols, Trinity will be the main antagonists, her parents are dead/not in the movie, and she lives in the mansion again.[/COLOR] ;)

AimlessThunder 28-07-17 12:11

[QUOTE=James_Rutland;7765226]I just read more of the script and damn... I bet ya'll wish Sam was in the movie now :vlol:
[/QUOTE]

:vlol:

Jorje Croft 29-07-17 20:42

Just sharing as I can't find proper thread for the original Tomb Raider movie.
[IMG]https://scontent-frt3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20374437_1917604321811491_2936181946209624121_n.jpg?oh=fc0b03e38f76abd8b05d5c127bea01c6&oe=5A35900A[/IMG]

Mikky 29-07-17 21:08

^That's actually pretty awesome. D: Is it an officially licensed figure?

Jorje Croft 29-07-17 21:30

[QUOTE=Mikky;7765613]^That's actually pretty awesome. D: Is it an officially licensed figure?[/QUOTE]

Yes it is. It will come in fall.

LHV Croft 29-07-17 21:53

Does not look like Angelina Jolie lol

Dustie 29-07-17 22:37

That's really weird... a new movie is coming out soon and new games have already come out a while ago, and they release a figure designed after the 2001 film & actress?

Jorje Croft 30-07-17 00:15

[quote=dustie;7765629]that's really weird... A new movie is coming out soon and new games have already come out a while ago, and they release a figure designed after the 2001 film & actress?[/quote]

i c o n i c

Dustie 30-07-17 08:22

Angelina Jolie? I'm sure! :p But I think that's a weird decision marketing-wise.

Mani_Man 30-07-17 08:58

[QUOTE=Dustie;7765629]That's really weird... a new movie is coming out soon and new games have already come out a while ago, and they release a figure designed after the 2001 film & actress?[/QUOTE]

Not really when it comes to figures.
Recently a company released Gary Oldmans Dracula figure, the hot toys dark knight batman and joker get new releases, there are constantly new iron man 1 figures etc.

REDMAN Toys for example releases a Wyatt Earp figure from the 1993 Tombstone movie.
(Yeah, im a bit of a action figure nerd XD)

This is the first i see of this...are there more informations on that? Looks really cool.

Lara-Thomas 30-07-17 09:11

[QUOTE=Jorje Croft;7765603]Just sharing as I can't find proper thread for the original Tomb Raider movie.
[IMG]https://scontent-frt3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20374437_1917604321811491_2936181946209624121_n.jpg?oh=fc0b03e38f76abd8b05d5c127bea01c6&oe=5A35900A[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I really like this. Where and how can I get this? :cln:

Kris Nephilim 30-07-17 10:08

When I read that the script is crap, they weren't kidding - exactly my thoughs. If anyone's interested in what I think on - not the script itself - as it hasn't been proven to be real or not - but the entirety of what we know about the movie so far, feel free to see it below:

[url]https://www.facebook.com/notes/kris-nephilim/is-the-next-tomb-raider-movie-doomed/1470950019639018/[/url]

Sorry but too much text is hard to post here, so I figured I'll simply attach it here :) Let me know what you think :)

Cezar 30-07-17 15:55

[QUOTE=Jorje Croft;7765603]Just sharing as I can't find proper thread for the original Tomb Raider movie.
[IMG]https://scontent-frt3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20374437_1917604321811491_2936181946209624121_n.jpg?oh=fc0b03e38f76abd8b05d5c127bea01c6&oe=5A35900A[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Where did you find it? Could you post a source? Not a direct link to the image but the article or offer.

Jorje Croft 30-07-17 17:57

[QUOTE=Cezar;7765729]Where did you find it? Could you post a source? Not a direct link to the image but the article or offer.[/QUOTE]

[B]Lara-Thomas[/B]

Guys you can find her on FB page of Pop Toys fb/poptoysofficial

Lara-Thomas 30-07-17 20:45

[QUOTE=Jorje Croft;7765748][B]Lara-Thomas[/B]

Guys you can find her on FB page of Pop Toys fb/poptoysofficial[/QUOTE]

Brilliant, thanks :)

lizardspock110 01-08-17 18:15

That statue is amazing! :jmp:

Alicia has some interesting things to say :admles:

[QUOTE]“I love big popcorn movies. I’ve never done action scenes on this level – not even close. It feels like I’m back to dancing – the training, the intensity. You need to be aware of your movement up in the wires and how your body works. I’ve never been able to lift my own weight, and the day when you have that capacity, it’s pretty empowering!”[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.justjared.com/2017/08/01/alicia-vikander-on-taking-over-tomb-raider-from-angelina-jolie-i-knew-we-had-to-do-something-very-different/[/url]

Daring Do 02-08-17 13:55

[QUOTE=lizardspock110;7766256]Alicia has some interesting things to say :admles:

[url]http://www.justjared.com/2017/08/01/alicia-vikander-on-taking-over-tomb-raider-from-angelina-jolie-i-knew-we-had-to-do-something-very-different/[/url][/QUOTE]

Glad to know she's enjoying the role to some extent. :D

Tonyrobinson 03-08-17 00:42

I really think they might push back this release until August March is starting to get very crowded. Pacific Rim is opening a week after this which pretty much kills any chance of winning over the Chinese audience especially as they are selective with their US titles Pacific Rim being one of the most hotly anticipated features to open in China.

BigR4444 03-08-17 03:40

[QUOTE=Tonyrobinson;7766586]I really think they might push back this release until August March is starting to get very crowded. Pacific Rim is opening a week after this which pretty much kills any chance of winning over the Chinese audience especially as they are selective with their US titles Pacific Rim being one of the most hotly anticipated features to open in China.[/QUOTE]

Well, I would imagine there might be some stiff competition in August as well...?

I'm aware of Ready Player One, and now this as well being released nearby; but I give the advantage to the movie that releases first.

I've never found myself turning down a movie because I wanna see something else that comes out the week after.

If it looks good, people won't care what else is coming out...

HmmmOkay 05-08-17 15:38

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and no expert on tomb raider, but I figure maybe I could give a bit of an outsider perspective as someone who is quite interested in seeing how this movie turns out. Also, I've looked at a bunch of posts here and this seems like a pretty good place to be to catch any news that may come out about the movie. :)

First off, I should probably admit that I like Alicia Vikander quite a bit, I think she is probably one of the most talented actresses of her generation. I also like Walt Goggins and Daniel Wu. So perhaps I am biased to some degree.

Anyways, I am hoping this turns out to be great, but I can understand why people may be skeptical. I've generally liked what I've seen so far, I think Alicia looks great, and what little they've been able to say about it seems at least good enough to have hope that it will be good. However, I am a bit concerned by how little information there seems to have been released about it. Shouldn't there be a trailer sometime soon? Is it likely to be delayed? Why does it seem like little if anything was said about it at SDCC? Where's the hype?

Also, if people are concerned that this movie won't be able to hold its own against a film like Pacific Rim in China, you might also want to keep in mind that this movie has Daniel Wu in it (though I'm not sure how significant his role is in it). I'm not an expert on his filmography, but from what I've seen he seems immensely popular in China. So if he has at least a significant role in the movie, I wouldn't be surprised to see this film do well in China.

shockwave_pulsar00 05-08-17 16:02

Well honestly, I can see why Pacific Rim would overtake Tomb Raider at the box office. It's a giant mech movie. Look at Transformers, China is the reason they still do so well.

As for why we haven't seen much, it might just come down to timing. They had just finished shooting before Comic Con and might not have had enough VFX work done for the trailer. It will need to WOW the hell out of people when it's first shown at this point to build enough hype.

HmmmOkay 06-08-17 00:17

[QUOTE=shockwave_pulsar00;7767176]Well honestly, I can see why Pacific Rim would overtake Tomb Raider at the box office. It's a giant mech movie. Look at Transformers, China is the reason they still do so well.

As for why we haven't seen much, it might just come down to timing. They had just finished shooting before Comic Con and might not have had enough VFX work done for the trailer. It will need to WOW the hell out of people when it's first shown at this point to build enough hype.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure whether the Tomb Raider movie would need to beat Pacific Rim to be successful, but my point is more that I think Tomb Raider could hold it's own in China, not that I'm sure it would beat it.

As for timing, maybe they aren't ready to put something out, but this (or in the near future) seems like a great time to do so if you want publicity. Even something small at SDCC could've been cool, but even now, isn't Alicia on the cover of Elle for Sept. or something? I don't want the whole movie spoiled, but is it too much to ask for at least a little more of an idea of what the characters are like or what it's about?

PinkyPromise 06-08-17 08:49

August is a difficult month. All the big releases are in June / July and in August there is almost no success.

Realistically, I do not think TR is an event in China. In the script they do not treat the country well and the previous films were not any success there. TR could work better in Europe

Emix 06-08-17 11:13

When can we expect first trailer/teaser to be released?

Annap 07-08-17 22:40

[QUOTE=HmmmOkay;7767300]I'm not sure whether the Tomb Raider movie would need to beat Pacific Rim to be successful, but my point is more that I think Tomb Raider could hold it's own in China, not that I'm sure it would beat it.

As for timing, maybe they aren't ready to put something out, but this (or in the near future) seems like a great time to do so if you want publicity. Even something small at SDCC could've been cool, but even now, isn't Alicia on the cover of Elle for Sept. or something? I don't want the whole movie spoiled, but is it too much to ask for at least a little more of an idea of what the characters are like or what it's about?[/QUOTE]

Alicia did talk about it in Elle, full article isn't out yet so we don't know how much. There's still more then seven month left until release and they've only been in post for a little more than a month. I wouldn't worry.

I saw Alexandre Willaume talk about his character, sounds like he confirmed playing a mercenary, Mathias' right hand man.

**LARA LOVER** 07-08-17 22:57

Did you guys hear about the tomb raider barbie coming based on the film?

Rai 07-08-17 23:10

Yes, there's a thread: [url]http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=218445[/url]

Tancha 09-08-17 04:55

[QUOTE]antonioaakeel🎬 And I've officially WRAPPED on Warnerbros.[/QUOTE]

They still shot the film.

OrangeFr3ak 09-08-17 06:40

Looks like the movie will use the same title logo as the reboot games, this can be seen on the GK Films website.

joona 09-08-17 06:43

Antonio tweeted that he just wrapped with TR... That explains why we haven't seen anything new... :(

OrangeFr3ak 09-08-17 06:47

Not sure if Alicia is still doing additional filming though...

Tancha 09-08-17 07:47

She travels:
7 August - Lisbon
28 July - Sweden
17 - 25 July - Los Angeles
15 - 17 July - Canada
6 - 15 July - Ibiza
2 - 5 July - France
30 June - 1 July - Italy
19 June - 23 June - Sweden
18 June - France

[I]Antonio Aakeel - Warner Brothers Studios Leavesden[/I] his reshots/filming June 30 - August 8.

They don't need her. They have a doubler of a body - Johanna Smitz.

joona 09-08-17 07:54

Why do they still need a body double? It seems like they have added something to the script again? What if her love interest will be on the island as well :vlol:

Tancha 09-08-17 07:59

[COLOR="White"]And he will die there. And the father will survive and she will bring him to the mansion[/COLOR]. (<- joke, not spoiler)

Rai 09-08-17 08:17

How many times is this film going to "wrap"? :p. According to Antonio's instagram, he's been filming other things, including another film "Eaten by Lions" over the last month or so, so he must have been filming on and off? If principle filming wrapped back in early June, so two months ago, would they really be filming extra scenes or re-takes in that manner? According to Roar they've been editing as well, plus Alicia herself has been spotted traveling quite a bit since wrapping. (Just to note, the pic he's using for his wrap post, is old).

What does this mean for a trailer? When would one drop, would they just randomly drop one online?

Also, I've notice the Spoiler thread, presumably for the script. I have no intention of going in there. Hopefully it means spoilers stay out of this one. I'm shocked actually how many peeps are in there, it saddens me a little. Each to their own, I guess.

*sigh, what was I saying about spoilers? Thanks a lot Tancha :mad:. Guess I was being too optimistic in coming back here.

Tancha 09-08-17 08:21

Unless you don't see that it is a joke. You see spoilers in everything. It is paranoia. At you persuasive desire to accuse me of all sins. If you don't want spoilers - disconnect the Internet, don't watch TV, don't read the newspaper.

joona 09-08-17 08:25

I guess they're going to drop the trailer online some time soon... New York Comic Con is too far away, is it?:(

Rai 09-08-17 08:45

[QUOTE=Tancha;7768049]Unless you don't see that it is a joke. You see spoilers in everything. It is paranoia. At you persuasive desire to accuse me of all sins. If you don't want spoilers - disconnect the Internet, don't watch TV, don't read the newspaper.[/QUOTE]

When there is a thread dedicated to spoilers, I expect spoilers to remain in there and not in here. I risked coming in here as a catch up. I've already said I'm still interested in actual articles, interviews and trailers. How was I to know you were joking? Having spread leaked script spoilers in here, is it any surprise I don't trust you? And do not remove Mod edits.

Tancha 09-08-17 08:51

From a context of messages. Why the words Joona for you not a spoiler? Why the scenario in which you don't trust may contain for you spoilers? Paranoia.

Remove white allocation - don't look silly.

My God. So any assumptions can be considered a spoiler. Someone considered here that Richard will head sect on the island and "lara" will kill him. Allocate white, it is a spoiler too.