www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Final Fantasy Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=86691)

Rivendell 15-08-07 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forwen (Post 2029480)
You kiddin'? FFVII isn't even worthy of gathering FFVIII's dust.

It's like that for loads of people, even with FF7's gargantuan fanbase.
I personally like 7 a heck of a lot more than 8 though, for various reasons.

And there's quite a few people who feel the same here, Rhys- FF12's story hasn't sucked them in at all! It's a damn shame, I loved the feel of the game.

Reggie 15-08-07 13:54

I love FFVII and FFVIII in different measures...but FFVIII does have a special place in my heart for me.

I think there's been a backlash against FFVII because of Squeenixes total overkill with the compilation of FFVII stuff but the original game still, IMO rocks.

randomrhys 15-08-07 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forwen (Post 2029480)
You kiddin'? FFVII isn't even worthy of gathering FFVIII's dust.

lush, so you agree with me? i would so love to see ffviii-2.:D have been on those forums that suggest ultimecia is actually rinoa in the future?:jmp: some things make sense, like rinoa has those wings on the back of her blue cardigan, in the end sequence, squall sees ultimecia's face flashing over the top of rinoa's, and ultimecia has griever as a GF-and rinoa had squall's ring with griever on it! and the reason she fights squall and everyone is cus the GF has made her forget them. and sorceresses live longer than other mortals, and rinoa becomes a sorceress so it could actually be her!
:jmp:
that's my fantasy anyway, cus then i can imagine the game carrys on after the end of VIII and all is not as it seems...

Rivendell 15-08-07 14:00

^ Wow, cool theory! :eek:

Forwen 15-08-07 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reggie (Post 2029495)
I think there's been a backlash against FFVII because of Squeenixes total overkill with the compilation of FFVII stuff but the original game still, IMO rocks.

Ah, FFVII Compilation - the very last call to clean up the terrible mess called "FFVII plot" which ended up royally screwed up to the bones as SE drove on the classic legend-will-sell-everything premise. If SE did something like that to FFVIII - compilation of games with disastrous to average plots and average gameplay - I'd dig up a hole and never get out. The irony of FFVII being a legend and FFVIII not being and therefore avoiding this fate is right there.

I don't think even TRC is a bigger cash-in that FFVIII Comp.

randomrhys 15-08-07 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivendell (Post 2029508)
^ Wow, cool theory! :eek:

i know! it's great isn't it!:jmp: i was shocked to the max when i came across it!

Forwen 15-08-07 14:04

Rivendell - I didn't know there was any FF player left that hasn't heard of R=U Theory. Thought it was everywhere like the best known spoiler of gaming aka Aeris d...

Quote:

Originally Posted by randomrhys (Post 2029501)
lush, so you agree with me? i would so love to see ffviii-2.:D have been on those forums that suggest ultimecia is actually rinoa in the future?:jmp: some things make sense, like rinoa has those wings on the back of her blue cardigan, in the end sequence, squall sees ultimecia's face flashing over the top of rinoa's, and ultimecia has griever as a GF-and rinoa had squall's ring with griever on it! and the reason she fights squall and everyone is cus the GF has made her forget them. and sorceresses live longer than other mortals, and rinoa becomes a sorceress so it could actually be her!
:jmp:

R=U is one of the main reasons I treasure FFVIII so much. One of the best plot twists in game industry.

kryptonite23 15-08-07 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by randomrhys (Post 2029466)
FFXII is the last one in the MAIN series to be released-square-enix are working on XIII at the moment (and countless other FF spin offs)

That is why XII the greatest one. :D

randomrhys 15-08-07 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forwen (Post 2029526)
R=U is one of the main reasons I treasure FFVIII so much. One of the best plot twists in game industry.

FFVIII was my favourite anyway, (X a close second) and after i read that theory...well, VIII went off the scale for me!

i just wish when i play it now that the combat was a bit faster-cus i find the battles drag a bit now-didn't think anything of it at the time though.

also, VIII was the first FF game i played and fell head over heals for it-so that's another reason why it's so special to me:D

Reggie 15-08-07 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forwen (Post 2029526)

Without a doubt. I'd say its just straight up the best plot twist in anything. I've not come across anything like it that leaves you thinking about the story at such a level long after you've played through the game.

And if they did to FFVIII...well I wouldn't be so light about that one. :pi: