Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Shadow of the Tomb Raider - General Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=219557)

Princess_Paige 02-04-18 12:34

[QUOTE=WWETombRaider;7848459]What about hand to hand combat? While we had the melee finishers in Reboot/Rise, melee combat could be something interesting. AoD and Underworld did it, but not as graciously.[/QUOTE]
Yes , hand to hand combat would work great! :)

Vaskito 02-04-18 12:48

[QUOTE=Enya Brennan;7848456]No more arrow retrieval, please. Lara’s skill set going backwards from game to game makes no sense at all. At this rate, we’ll end up buying arrow drawing skills.[/QUOTE]

What? Do you expect her to have infinite arrows?
I get it where you're coming from about the skills, but arrow crafting and management is pretty interesting IMO

_Seth 02-04-18 13:08

[QUOTE=Vaskito;7848497]What? Do you expect her to have infinite arrows?
I get it where you're coming from about the skills, but arrow crafting and management is pretty interesting IMO[/QUOTE]

They mean that particular skill you unlock to dig arrows from people's skulls she's savagely murdered shouldn't be an unlockable skill a third time in a row. She should just be able to do that by default.

Hopefully skills don't go backwards even further. For example the Eye for Detail skill which glows challenge items in SI was something you had by default in TR9, but was taken out and added in as an unlockable skill in Rise. Similarly the Deeper Pockets skill in TR9 devolved into having different pouches for each weapon type you have to craft. What a con. There are already way too many skills in Rise as it is. In fact, it would have been better for the challenge tomb skills to just be on the skills tree if I wanted, where the reward for optional tombs was just a stack of XP and gear like TR9, which I can put towards what [I]I[/I] want - so another weird step backwards was taken in this regard for Rise.

Vaskito 02-04-18 13:09

[QUOTE=_Seth;7848521]They mean that particular skill you unlock to dig arrows from people's skulls she's savagely murdered shouldn't be an unlockable skill a third time in a row. She should just be able to do that by default.

[/QUOTE]

Ah, yess!! Agree on this! I actually find it annoying in Rise, as it even doesn't work as well as on TR13.
I kill some guys with arrows, and she retrieves bullets from them.

CrowdedToaster 02-04-18 14:17

[QUOTE=Princess_Paige;7848473]Yes , hand to hand combat would work great! :)[/QUOTE]

I hope she does that too! Lara [I]has[/I] been doing some boxing training in the comics, working out and whatnot in various ways. I hope we get to see her kick some ass. And graceful this time!

johnanonymouz 02-04-18 15:40

forum is intense today :p

biscuits 02-04-18 15:42

[QUOTE=johnanonymouz;7848791]forum is intense today :p[/QUOTE]

lol ikr

Mikky 02-04-18 22:31

Does anyone know where I can find that "Night" version of the render? I saw someone post it here a few days ago.

iWANEX 02-04-18 22:35

[QUOTE=johnanonymouz;7848791]forum is intense today :p[/QUOTE]

I think we are all very nervous for the reveal of Shadow.

Leon2703 02-04-18 22:49

[QUOTE=Mikky;7849070]Does anyone know where I can find that "Night" version of the render? I saw someone post it here a few days ago.[/QUOTE]

Here you go, I was looking for it too, it looks beautiful:

[QUOTE=LCTRF;7846197]I'm really in love with that art! The colors, Lara's expression, her look, her clothing and the dirt, it's all on point.

Out of randomness I did a colder version for the people who are more into blue, still like the original more though, it's more realistic haha

[IMG]https://s7.postimg.org/bo9vxqkqz/TR_alt.png[/IMG][/QUOTE]