www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Software Development (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   OpenLara project (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=216618)

Mokono 23-02-19 00:33

I just noticed the Android version doesn't allow you to select any level anymore.

Is this intentional?

Also: how do i enable TRII on Android?

XProger 23-02-19 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mokono (Post 8046371)
I just noticed the Android version doesn't allow you to select any level anymore.

Is this intentional?

Also: how do i enable TRII on Android?

Use cheats to skip levels.

TR2 and TR3 isn't playable for now, but instruction is the same - copy original data into folder and run the game.

Misaka Mikoto 09-03-19 19:37

Hey, thank you for this! I discovered your project yesterday and was astonished at how playable it is—you’ve done an incredible job.

I was wondering—and I hate for my first post to be a feature request, but it’s the one thing keeping me from playing this version—whether you would consider allowing players to map any key on the keyboard?

At present certain keys can’t be mapped, and as many years as I’ve played Tomb Raider using End to roll, Del to step left, and PgDn to step right, it feels all wrong not being able to use the original PC keymappings if I want to.

I even went to the trouble of writing an AutoHotkey script specifically to bind a press of, say, Del to Shift+Left—but AHK can’t reliably echo key combinations to OpenLara, so I can’t get a perfect replication of pressing a key and getting the normal sidestep function every time.

Also, do you have any plans in future to allow players to toggle off save crystals? As a PC player, seeing them feels very out of place and sort of breaks the immersion for me—I’m happy just to use hotkeys to save and load, without ever seeing a save crystal making an appearance.

Anyway, sorry (sorta!) for the feature requests, but I don’t want to close without saying again what an incredible piece of work this is—really remarkable. I assume (after trying out Lost Valley) that there’s a little work left to be done on the enemy AI, but you’ve already reached a staggering degree of faithfulness to the original games.

Thanks a million!

SrDanielPonces 09-03-19 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misaka Mikoto (Post 8054642)
I was wondering—and I hate for my first post to be a feature request, but it’s the one thing keeping me from playing this version—whether you would consider allowing players to map any key on the keyboard?

At present certain keys can’t be mapped, and as many years as I’ve played Tomb Raider using Home to roll, Del to step left, and PgDn to step right, it feels all wrong not being able to use the original PC keymappings if I want to.

Completely agree with your request.

Joey79100 09-03-19 20:18

I haven't tested myself but I think the key remapping limitations are only on the web version (since different browsers have different keyboard shortcuts and it's impossible to remove them, he probably just removed the possibility to map keys to these already used keys to avoid conflicts and people blaming him for the conflicts).

Misaka Mikoto 09-03-19 21:05

I’m playing locally, as a Windows application, not in a browser—but that reasoning makes good sense. I had forgotten it’s also able to be run in a browser.

In fact it specifically answers my unasked question of why quicksave was mapped to 5 instead of F5, which would have been death in a browser.

Thanks for the insight! I do hope the PC version is made fully mappable, though. :)

XProger 11-03-19 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misaka Mikoto (Post 8054642)
whether you would consider allowing players to map any key on the keyboard?

Yep, I've task for this. And yes, browsers have limitations (like as unusable Alt for Edge or Firefox)

Misaka Mikoto 11-03-19 16:11

Thank you! I’m very grateful. :)

XProger 14-03-19 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misaka Mikoto (Post 8055408)
Thank you! I’m very grateful. :)

check the latest version

andrewsyc 15-03-19 04:23

Funny glitch.

Happens after killing waiting to kill first Centaurs, Killing Pierre Du Pont, running back outside, killing both Centaurs.

Then temporarily going back in, coming back out, and suddenly 1 infinitely respawns.

My guess is somehow when you come back out the indefinite respawn is related to the 2nd Centaur that would normally break out of his stone.

Anyway, fun glitch that most people will not trigger.