www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Next Generation Level Editor (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Open chat about TRNG user developments in progress (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=215884)

AkyV 21-08-16 22:32

Open chat about TRNG user developments in progress
 
If you are a TRNG plugin developer, then tell here what you are just working on.

AkyV 03-12-16 23:55

This thread was created when the new TRNG was confirmed in the summer of 2016. The good news is the thread is active now, please send your posts!

AkyV 19-12-16 16:33

I started creating my first plugin.

This plugin contains several tiny new executable triggers and condition triggers.
No big things at all, but perhaps they are handy sometimes for the users who don't really like variables or complex scripting, because they are mostly the easier versions of the "hidden triggers".

So (almost) all the new things in this plugin are available with easier or complex triggering and scripting, in variable and memory zone based setups, using only trng.dll. (However, any variable mentioned there are NOT used in these new triggers.)
So what I offer is mostly one simple trigger per feature instead of those complicated hidden trigger setups.

I am still an amateur plugin maker, so, for the time being, this is all I can give.
The are several "hidden triggers", so I'll probably release these new triggers in details, in more than one plugin, in the near months.

AkyV 25-01-17 19:47

Moving sun.



Pulsing sun.


aidanmalone 25-01-17 20:00

The videos are private :o

EDIT: Really impressive so far! :)

AkyV 25-01-17 20:09

Fixed. :o

Matie 25-01-17 21:19

Nice work! :tmb:

Joey79100 26-01-17 08:35

That's impressive! The moving sun will probably be useful for cutscenes I guess. Is it possible to move other coordinates too, to make it move up and down while it's moving in one direction?

I mean, how would we use it? If we can enter values ourself, I guess we can use it for a helicopter for example (kinda like in Industrial Rooftops in AOD).

Glad to see someone showing something. :D

AkyV 26-01-17 10:34

Thank you all! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey79100 (Post 7705601)
The moving sun will probably be useful for cutscenes I guess. Is it possible to move other coordinates too, to make it move up and down while it's moving in one direction?

If you have already read the basic SDK tutorial of Paolone, then you've already heard about "progressive actions" (= about Organizers). Embedding several progactions into each other is probably possible, but seems very complicated (eg. moving to north and also moving to east at the same time), so no, at the same time you can move the sun only in one direction now.
However, you don't lose any spectacular thing with you can't do it.
I mean, I experienced that sun was programmed in a very simple way. I mean, not for arches, like a "normal" sun, but it works "around" the "cube" of the level, on lines, in three directions: north-south (from A to B), west-east (from C to D) and up-down (from E to F). It seems "circular" for you only because the huge distance between the sun and Lara.

On the other hand, the sun has got some new in-game (trigger-controlled) customizations:

- Set new (requested) fix coordinates/color any time (even when the sun is moving).
- Move it in one (east, up, north etc.) requested direction any time. (Between the original and the requested end coordinate of a huge fix interval. Speed is also customizable.)
- Slow color change from the start color to the requested one. Speed is also customizable.
- Pulsing between the start color and the requested one. Speed is also customizable. At the end: actual, start or end color is restored. Stop: immediately, timed or after the required amount of pulse phases.

Quote:

I mean, how would we use it? If we can enter values ourself,
Nothing is prefixed. You can type/choose the value you want. :D


Quote:

I guess we can use it for a helicopter for example (kinda like in Industrial Rooftops in AOD).
Why not? :D
Or the moving sun as a UFO? :D
Or if you have a lighthouse drawn in the horizon, then the pulsing sun could be a nice beacon. (If the start or the end color is 0/0/0 "nothing", then the pulse happens between nothing and a color.)

Joey79100 26-01-17 11:36

I had no idea of what how you've coded it, so I wondered if you would have been able to create constants (PARAM_) to add a curve to the movement. Indeed the sun has not been coded in a really realistic way, but with plugnis it would be possible to do it. But it's probably much more work, and you already did something really interesting. I did not even think about things like the lighthouse (Titak will be happy!). :D

AkyV 26-01-17 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey79100 (Post 7705638)
I had no idea of what how you've coded it, so I wondered if you would have been able to create constants (PARAM_) to add a curve to the movement. Indeed the sun has not been coded in a really realistic way, but with plugnis it would be possible to do it. But it's probably much more work, and you already did something really interesting.

Okay, I thought it again, and it is possible to do two/three directions at the same time, in one progressive action, for a 2D/3D line/curve:

For example:

Frame__Coord X__Coord Y__Increment X__Increment Y
0______1000_____1000____1____________2
1______1001_____1002____1____________2
2______1002_____1004____1____________2
Etc.

But it should be heavily controlled. I mean, eg. "stop at coordinate (47500, 85140)"? - It is not easy to calculate and follow properly. 3D (47500, -52400, 85140) should be harder.
I suggest those one directions for tiny movements, like:

1. Move north to 25500.
2. Then move west to 12460.
3. Then move north to 28200.
Etc.

Besides, if you use the sun for a "general reason", then those one-directed, "harsh" movements should be enough. :)

One more thing:
I need increasing increments for a curve:

Frame__Coord X__Coord Y__Increment X__Increment Y
0______1000_____1000____1____________2
1______1001_____1002____1____________3
2______1002_____1005____1____________4
Etc.

But increasing increment means increasing speed (increment/frame) in this example.
So I need some better control for a nice curve. ;)

As for a circle, it could be more harder, I probably need a nice algorhytm for the proper increment ratio.

Conclusion:
- Two-/three-directed lines are not really useful, due to the hard control. Probably an AddEffect is better for a helicopter light. Or a LIGHT object, that copies the actual coordinates of the helicopter.
Or even these multidirected lines for the sun, if the helicopter moves in a well-described way, so you can add several tiny one-directed lines for the sun.
- The proper algorhytm for a well-controlled curves and circles must be a future thing. Or perhaps somebody with better skills will do it soon. :D

Quote:

I did not even think about things like the lighthouse (Titak will be happy!). :D
If I made someone happy with my developments that definitely makes me happy! :D
______

EDIT:
Okay, I add another trigger, for 2D/3D linear movements, but you can stop it only immediately or timed, no chance to stop it with coordinates.
Perhaps it is useful if you move the helicopter directly through the top of the sky, not changing directions.
Or if you use an Organizer, so sun movements can follow the hardcoded (?) helicopter movement-changes.

Titak 26-01-17 15:44

I do indeed have a lighthouse in one of my levels, but it is not drawn on the horizon, it is an object in one of the rooms.
The thing I ran into when trying to make a lenseflare object do its thing (be a lenseflare) was to only make it do the lenseflare thing when the light was rotating towards Lara. Failed miserably... Can't untrigger a lenseflare it seems... And rotating it does not help either: it does not cast the lenseflare in a certain direction.

Anyway, seeing this makes me think something might be possible with a plugin. :D

AkyV 26-01-17 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey79100 (Post 7705601)
Is it possible to move other coordinates too, to make it move up and down while it's moving in one direction?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkyV (Post 7705687)
Okay, I add another trigger, for 2D/3D linear movements, but you can stop it only immediately or timed, no chance to stop it with coordinates.

Added, and works like a charm.
Now you can move the sun even in two or three (north/south, east/west, vertical) directions (linearly!) at the same time - but you can stop it only with timer or another trigger to abort, coordinates are not parameters for abortion.
Coordinate-based stop only for moves in one-direction.

EDIT:
If you say to start moving X direction while it is already moving in Y direction, then I say choose this method: move the sun in one direction with the first trigger till it should move in one direction, then stop it and use this other trigger right away to start moving it in both directions at the same time.

Paolone 26-01-17 21:00

I'm so happy and ... shocked. :D
Happy that you had been able to use plugin skills in so short time and shocked because it's incredible that you had not any knowledge about programming until a month ago. :eek:

AkyV 26-01-17 22:35

I got trained when scripting. :D
Thank you! :D
But I need to admit what you can see there is not a little piece of my knowledge but almost all of my actual knowledge. :D

And I am sure if I step further, then further zillions of questions will show up I need to ask, or else I will be stuck again. However, I will not be available always here, just like you, my big hope is if time goes by, then the knowledge of the community will be big enough to help even each other any time. (Just like sapper and Krystian also helped.)

How horrible it could be in the first days when TRLE was released, and almost the manual was your only help. (And the same thing naturally with the first days of TRNG. I could imagine: "here is some guy, Paolone or who, who updated the Room Editor". "Is it something new about TREP?" "No, I don't think so".)

Paolone 27-01-17 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkyV (Post 7705950)
I got trained when scripting. :D
Thank you! :D
But I need to admit what you can see there is not a little piece of my knowledge but almost all of my actual knowledge. :D

Indeed, when I described the "advanced level builder" class, I meant own who used advanced scripting for years, since triggergroup and organizer required already a programming logic. Next step, that of plugin programmation, doesn't change that logic but only its syntax and the its tools.
I hope also other advanced level builder will try this chance, perhaps own because encouraged by your amazing results. :tmb:
Quote:

And I am sure if I step further, then further zillions of questions will show up I need to ask, or else I will be stuck again. However, I will not be available always here, just like you, my big hope is if time goes by, then the knowledge of the community will be big enough to help even each other any time. (Just like sapper and Krystian also helped.)
I agree, it was my own thought and hoping.
Now knowledge of whole trle comunity is really very good and I hope that, also with plugin tools, it could increase furtherly.

AODfan 08-02-17 20:05


(There are some weird audio issues in the video but it sounds fine in the game)

I only need to add some blood when she's hit but I think it's pretty much done now :D

Titak 09-02-17 12:40

Good job! :tmb:

Gancian 09-02-17 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by AODfan (Post 7710743)
I only need to add some blood when she's hit but I think it's pretty much done now :D

Wow, great! I did remember someone was working on the rolling ball physics from TR1! :D

Do you think you could apply the same plugin or a similar code to also re-create the blade discs from TR2? :)

Dustie 09-02-17 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by AODfan (Post 7710743)
[/youtube]QjPTsXDoV_c[/youtube]
(There are some weird audio issues in the video but it sounds fine in the game)

I only need to add some blood when she's hit but I think it's pretty much done now :D

Maybe ad a "thud" sound when the balls hit the wall? :)

Also, you gotta love how she dies just because she got hit in the leg by the ball :p

LGG_PRODUCTION 10-02-17 10:36

Please, release it :) :) :)
Will this plugin works also with barrels, big rollingballs and multiple rollingballs?

AODfan 10-02-17 14:10

Thanks :D
I'll release it once I figure out how to trigger some blood. The source code will be released along with it so it could easily be changed to work with the barrels etc. :)

AkyV 12-02-17 22:25

Dear test team!

AkyV, Titak, TheTiger, AODfan, psiko, Evgeniy, Joey79100, Raider99, Mordyga, -Roli-, raiderromero, Mrshina

We have our first plugin to test!

Please visit the test subforum (you know the link and the password, right?) to test. :D

Nicklander 13-02-17 08:57

He AkvY, the moving sun plugin looks super cool.

The flashing looks little bit unrealistic however. It could be used for some SciFi effects but not for a sun. You should add an option that the player gets "blinded" when he looks into the sun.

AkyV 13-02-17 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicklander (Post 7712062)
He AkvY, the moving sun plugin looks super cool.

Thanks! :D

Quote:

The flashing looks little bit unrealistic however. It could be used for some SciFi effects but not for a sun.
Which is good, because you can use this sun even as some scifi effect, like a UFO on the sky. :D
Btw, you can customize speed and the color interval in the setup. :)

This code is actually easy: StartColor is added by the builder, EndColor is added by the builder , MiddleColors are calculated in this interval, to go nicely from Start to End, using the required time as speed.
Pulsing= Start to End, then End to Start, then Start to End etc.
You can have even a "flash from nothing, forth and back" effect, if Start or End color is "nothing" (RGB=0/0/0).

Quote:

You should add an option that the player gets "blinded" when he looks into the sun.
Hehe, maybe later, my actual knowledge is far not enough for that. :D

TombRaiderTim 21-02-17 18:16

I'm actually hyped for the boulders, it's something I personally wanted to see happen.

AkyV 14-03-17 11:48

Not really spectacular so I don't send a video:

Customized time for falling blocks to shiver before the crash (including "forever") instead of the default 2 seconds.
Max 5 blocks at the same time.

AkyV 05-04-17 18:19

Customized time for the pause between teeth spike extensions.
This is the shortest one: 1 tick frame:


Titak 05-04-17 20:00

Impossible to savely run through I reckon. :D
It's good to have something like this I think. Since we can run past regular teethspikes going in and out and since we can run for a while through static teethspikes as well.

Looks good! :tmb:

AkyV 06-04-17 12:31

Thanks!
----------

I have changed my mind, and added a video about the customized shivering time for falling blocks. This one is for 10 seconds:


Titak 06-04-17 14:34

^
That could also be useful. :tmb:

TheTiger 06-04-17 22:43

I like both of those features. A lot! :jmp:

AkyV 07-04-17 10:43

Thank you all! :D

Caesum 10-04-17 07:47

Oh wow AkyV, these features look great! :tmb: Btw, does the falling floor one works with TR1-3 type of falling floor(does this object work with TRLE btw)?

I also have a general question: did anyone release a plugin already?

AkyV 10-04-17 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caesum (Post 7730518)
Oh wow AkyV, these features look great! :tmb:


Thanks!

Quote:

Btw, does the falling floor one works with TR1-3 type of falling floor(does this object work with TRLE btw)?
This is not an object I edited. It is a casual TRLR falling floor, if I remember well, then I got it from KV5 WAD.
What I edited is an object parameter (the shivering timer) that is stored in a memory field, so I could modify it in my plugin. :)

Unfortunately, this forced timer is need to stored in savegames, naturally.
I mean, like TRNG, the plugin also fiddles with variables. There are infinite ones. (The level builder can see none of them, it is only the plugin maker's job.) I need one variable for each object with forced timer to store that timer in savegames. That is why the falling blocks like that (at the same time!) are limited, I created only five variables for them. (If it is asked later, I can add more variables, though.)

More other object setups in my plugin has the same limitation, for similar reasons. Like those teeth spikes. (Fortunately, the variable is useable again later for another object, if you stopped the customization for the previous one.)

Quote:

I also have a general question: did anyone release a plugin already?
As far as I know, nobody. (A main reason is we still have a tons of questions to be asked Paolone.) AODfan is working on a classic rollingball, we have tested it more than a month ago, but no news since then.

Paolone 13-04-17 12:33

Great AkyV, my compliments. :tmb:

About another matter (that I believe it fits fine in this thread) I wondered if it was useful having a thread for who wished to do know in advance what new feature/enemy/skill, he/she is going to work.

I explain better this speech.
It's not necessary of course (about plugin conflicts ect) giving this notice in advance, the problem is another.
What's happen if a plugin builder decides to spend many of his time to develop some feature, for instance mine cart object, and he doesn't know that, in same interval, another plugin builder is working on same object?

The problem is not the competition but the fact that one guy could wish to work for some really new feature and, if he had known that there was already that work in progress, perhaps he should have chosen another new skill to develop.

In spite I know that some people could prefer anyway don't give in advance their future project, I believe it should be useful having a thread (like this but more specific and concise about its target) where (only who want) will be able to inform that he is going to develop a new plugin for a given feature.

I wondered about this, because I thought to create a new plugin (to provide in source format) but I was not sure about the target. I thought about underwater propeller, the mine cart or another fully new object (parachute or hang-glider) but if some guy is already working on it, I would like avoid to overlap two works and I'll chose the feature that no one is going to create.

It was only an idea.

Anyway, changing the topic: is someone going to work on uw prop or mine cart? :D

Titak 13-04-17 14:23

^
I've just added another post to the List in which we can post which plugin is being worked on?

And then people who are working on a plugin could post in this thread what they are working on?
Kinda like the WIP levels thread.

LGG_PRODUCTION 13-04-17 19:23

For Minecart and UPV I don't think there is anybody who's working for, but I would like if someone can try :)
If you will work on these new vehicles, please, can you release them directly in the dll?
Because I have problems with the interactive objects made with the plugins..

AkyV 13-04-17 23:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paolone (Post 7731729)
Great AkyV, my compliments. :tmb:

Thank you! :D

But I'd like to ask you to also have a look at the DLL and the TRNG 1.3.0.0 thread where we have newer questions and bug reports in the last few pages. :)

Paolone 14-04-17 07:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titak (Post 7731758)
^
I've just added another post to the List in which we can post which plugin is being worked on?

And then people who are working on a plugin could post in this thread what they are working on?
Kinda like the WIP levels thread.

I've just seen new thread, it's perfect, thanks Titak. :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:10.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.