www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Shadow of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   "Canonical Lara" mod by Fuse00/Masha Masha (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=221667)

GabrielCroft 15-10-18 16:39

"Canonical Lara" mod by Fuse00/Masha Masha

hi

I just found this incredible mod that changes Lara's Shadow of TR face in Nexus Mod Manager and I wish I had a PC version for this game just to play with it!

(since there isn't a Shadow of TR modding thread I'm posting it here)

https://i.imgur.com/syTYw1W.png

https://i.imgur.com/NolG6qg.png

and here's a video:

Download link: here

I think this is so gorgeous and a incredible work. Personally I prefer this modded face way more than Rise or Shadow. Lara has lips and eyebrows similiar to previous games before the reboot in a modern way and that's just fantastic.

So, what do you guys think?

FanosCroft 15-10-18 17:01

It's just shadow lara with a lot of make up

Chamayoo 15-10-18 17:04

We waiting for months to be able to mod Rise, and that's already the case for Shadow ? I'm glad to know it !

megabug7 15-10-18 17:05

Does nothing for me

She looks worse than Shadow Lara

Alex Fly 15-10-18 17:06

Wow she's beautiful! :)

GabrielCroft 15-10-18 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanosCroft (Post 7999811)

Actually the maker of this mod made a "non-makeup" version that's already available to download. Personally I prefer the makeup version. But I think It's not just the makeup, it seems her lips got bigger and this is gorgeous :D

off topic: I love your avatar ♥

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamayoo (Post 7999812)
We waiting for months to be able to mod Rise, and that's already the case for Shadow ? I'm glad to know it !

Yep, isn't it incredible? I love game modding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Fly (Post 7999816)
Wow she's beautiful! :)

Agreed!

Rai 15-10-18 17:13

I'm sorry, but to be blunt, that mod looks terrible. I assume they're going for an AoD make up look, which just does not suit this Lara. She's on an adventure, not going to a rock concert. And the eyebrows look odd. It's not to my taste. I much prefer Shadow Lara's look.

GabrielCroft 15-10-18 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 7999822)
I'm sorry, but to be blunt, that mod looks terrible. I assume they're going for an AoD make up look, which just does not suit this Lara. She's on an adventure, not going to a rock concert. And the eyebrows look odd. It's not to my taste. I much prefer Shadow Lara's look.

That's ok to share your opinion with us, everybody here has a different taste so it's fine, don't worry about that ;)

Fantasy 15-10-18 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 7999822)

I agree :o

NoahCrofRaider 15-10-18 17:22

I love Shadow Lara, but this mod still looks pretty good, I must say. They did a lot for just a texture mod, and the results are impressive.

HarleyCroft 15-10-18 17:22

It's not the makeup that makes this mod so hot, it's the dark look in her eyes :cln:
She really had the classic essence!

FanosCroft 15-10-18 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielCroft (Post 7999819)
Actually the maker of this mod made a "non-makeup" version that's already available to download. Personally I prefer the makeup version. But I think It's not just the makeup, it seems her lips got bigger and this is gorgeous :D

off topic: I love your avatar ♥

Thank you so much❤

Soma Holiday 15-10-18 17:37

She looks just like Kylie Jenner so...no thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/ckao5Df.jpg

Vaskito 15-10-18 17:40

Plastic surgery gone wrong.
Ew

larafan25 15-10-18 17:41

Looks way better!

Vaskito 15-10-18 17:44

The resemblance is uncanny

https://i.postimg.cc/htbDnGhd/image.png

GabrielCroft 15-10-18 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soma Holiday (Post 7999841)
She looks just like Kylie Jenner so...no thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/ckao5Df.jpg

I don't think so :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarleyCroft (Post 7999832)
It's not the makeup that makes this mod so hot, it's the dark look in her eyes :cln:
She really had the classic essence!

Yes, I feel that essence too! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanosCroft (Post 7999836)
Thank you so much❤

You're welcome :hug:

Ellioft 15-10-18 17:51

She has too much make up I prefer her natural model. Simplicity is more beautiful. :)

dcw123 15-10-18 17:51

Ehhhh..

Nothing wrong with a bit of makeup (AOD, Legend) but this is OTT..

I'd love for someone to mod the pants to look like shorts though!!!!

Aikon 15-10-18 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vaskito (Post 7999842)
Plastic surgery gone wrong.
Ew

+100000000000 and counting.

I'm not fine with changing her face because I love the way she looks in Shadow and especially Rise, but IF a change should be made, then I would rather have her look like the photo @Ersel posted few months ago:

https://i.imgur.com/tlX4b5Ql.png

Portugalraider 15-10-18 17:52

Sorry, but this mod doesn't look great at all. Even classic Lara had more of a natural beauty, this just looks like a cheap hoe with fake ass brows trying to look pretty and failing miserably...

:/

VictorXD 15-10-18 17:56

Some of y'all are rude af. Remember this is an artist in their free time that made this mod, and you have no idea if the author can see your comments or not. I certainly wouldn't like people calling something I spent some time on as a botched face lift.

Anyways I really love that mod, I even posted it in SOTTR general chat. I just wish the eyebrows did not end so far up but that is pretty much my only criticism, because I really do love the look and how it's more consistent with past Laras, which is pretty much my only problem with the Rise/Shadow face (although shadow did make some small improvements).

AshesBorn 15-10-18 17:56

I prefer the original Shadow Lara tbh. The modded one looks like every Instagram "model" out there. Way too much contouring.

Jamise_Croft 15-10-18 18:14

I have to vomit, thanks :o

Tomb_of_Darkns 15-10-18 18:16

The mod makes her way too old. She looks even more like someone made in sims 4.

AimlessThunder 15-10-18 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Portugalraider (Post 7999855)
Sorry, but this mod doesn't look great at all. Even classic Lara had more of a natural beauty, this just looks like a cheap hoe with fake ass brows trying to look pretty and failing miserably...

:/

I feel the same way about it :(.

Lara since Rise has been spot on.
In the original reboot game Lara had a nice face, but the expressions in the Definitive edition ruined it for me.
Rise made Lara look like a real person, and SHADOW continued this! :D
To me Shadow and Rise Lara are awesome.
She doesn't look like she has any makeup on, which wouldn't make any sense.

NoahCrofRaider 15-10-18 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by VictorXD (Post 7999857)
Some of y'all are rude af. Remember this is an artist in their free time that made this mod, and you have no idea if the author can see your comments or not. I certainly wouldn't like people calling something I spent some time on as a botched face lift.

Anyways I really love that mod, I even posted it in SOTTR general chat. I just wish the eyebrows did not end so far up but that is pretty much my only criticism, because I really do love the look and how it's more consistent with past Laras, which is pretty much my only problem with the Rise/Shadow face (although shadow did make some small improvements).

This. I like Shadow Lara more than this modded face, but with what this person did, I think it is very good even if you donít prefer it over some other Lara. Itís very impressive how much they did even without actually changing the model.

jajay119 15-10-18 18:29

I like the fuller lips which have somehow magically vanished since the reboot premiered but not the colouring of them and the gaunt cheeks need I go too.

AntRaidsTombs 15-10-18 18:31

Did they give her plastic surgery?

\Tomb Raider/ 15-10-18 18:48

Shadow Lara is the best Lara model. This is just too dark and looks like she has load of makeup on.

Yeauxleaux 15-10-18 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by jajay119 (Post 7999883)
I like the fuller lips which have somehow magically vanished since the reboot premiered but not the colouring of them and the gaunt cheeks need I go too.

Yeah I miss her full lips and old facial features too but I agree. No offense to whoever made it, it's a nice try, but I'm not feeling it.

She has that overdone drag queen makeup look that's been trending the past couple of years, and I've never liked that. Too many things at once, the heavy brown splotchy blush, the eye makeup, the brows etc. It's doing even more than classic Lara did tbh, when I seem to remember it was just lipstick and maybe some eyeliner with her, and she was more cartoon-y anyway.

Not to mention how dumb it looks on Reboot Lara, I'm sorry, but when she has that stupid mop sitting over top of her head and not the most flattering wardrobe, it makes a face full of drag queen makeup even more silly.

Shadowraider 15-10-18 19:02

Kylie Jenner?

GabrielCroft 15-10-18 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by jajay119 (Post 7999883)
I like the fuller lips which have somehow magically vanished since the reboot premiered

This 100%

AntRaidsTombs 15-10-18 19:30

Laraís lips are still big, just realistically big. Nobodyís lips spread galway across their face unless itís surgery lol

GabrielCroft 15-10-18 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs (Post 7999923)
Laraís lips are still big, just realistically big. Nobodyís lips spread galway across their face unless itís surgery lol

I have to disagree, I don't think they're big in this reboot trilogy. They're small actually, specially compared to Lara in previous games.

jajay119 15-10-18 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs (Post 7999923)

You should check out Jaqueline Jossa: she is a British actress who I always thought looked like a realistic reboot Lara and she has very full yet natural lips.

Horus-Goddess 15-10-18 21:13

An artist should be able to take criticism, I'm just going to put that out there. I've received such comments many times over the past 15 years I've been drawing and posting art online lol. Not much different with mods, people aren't always going to sugar coat things. Sometimes the blunt honest truth does more to help someone improve, than walking on eggshells and never telling them what they could do differently.

Anyway... Personally I think it is a little overdone, and the lipstick really just looks like she majorly overdrew her lips. Maybe if it was toned down a little, just some sharpening of the eyebrows and some lighter colored lipstick (that doesn't look too much bigger than her natural lip shape on reboot Lara). The blush is a little too dark too I think.

But I know this type of makeup job has become more popular lately. So I'm not surprised. I just think it looks out of place, even for classic Lara's standards. She did always have larger features but the makeup was never over powering. I don't think it was until AOD that it really became that pronounced, and even AOD is pretty tame.

The mod is a good effort though. I'm glad to see that some modding is possible at all, to be honest.

PaNtHERA 15-10-18 21:21

I missed full lips of classic lara but this version looks like Kylie Jenner.

Melonie Tomb Raider 15-10-18 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by FanosCroft (Post 7999811)

Yeah, this. Just doesn't really look fitting or even canonical.

We need a hair fix more than anything xD

Lyle Croft 15-10-18 21:51

We're gonna need more than Makeup to save that face.
https://i.imgur.com/C4bqZhP.png