www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   The Lost Artifact (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Comparability with TR3 (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=222969)

Maverin 11-09-19 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomee (Post 8101228)
Oh yes, they are. The results are hilarious when you swap them between TR3 and TLA.

That was hilarious. :p

Tomb Raidering 11-09-19 11:26

I think that video is edited (exaggerated to be more precise :p)
The sound Lara makes while making the first jump in the manor sounds like the scream from Chronicles... :vlol:

EDIT: Iím talking about 00:18

LoreRaider 12-09-19 08:20

LGG is right, I can confirm the cabinet it's invisible, I've just checked some days ago the .tr file for getting some objects for my level
The new gold exe (afaik) only fixed the fade bug, where you can save the game during a fade, which then causes the textures load glitch

Tomb Raidering 12-09-19 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoreRaider (Post 8130747)
The new gold exe (afaik) only fixed the fade bug, where you can save the game during a fade, which then causes the textures load glitch

Could that fix be ported to the tr3.exe?

TRExpertgamer 12-09-19 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by TombHackR (Post 8100939)
MAIN.SFX is different between TR3 and LA

Now this figures why I've been hearing those funny sound fx in that video. TRTLA even has the same sound fx from TR3. No?

Dermahn 12-09-19 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoreRaider (Post 8130747)
LGG is right, I can confirm the cabinet it's invisible, I've just checked some days ago the .tr file for getting some objects for my level

There are more changes in the gold .exe. It's impossible to kill Sophia if you use the original tomb3.exe and you can't get the Desert Eagle secret in Sleeping with the Fishes.
The gold team must have slowed down the train trap because the enemy submarine moves too fast to dodge with the original .exe (the enemy submarine is the Aldwych train trap with a different model)

Tomb Raidering 13-09-19 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by TombHackR (Post 8100939)
MAIN.SFX is different between TR3 and LA

^
Quote:

Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer (Post 8130841)
Now this figures why I've been hearing those funny sound fx in that video. TRTLA even has the same sound fx from TR3. No?

You just contradicted what you quoted...

LGG_PRODUCTION 16-09-19 18:49

I found a bug with Sophia in both games:
When Lara shoots the cabinet Sophia dies, but the sparkles are on Lara, not on Sophia :D

Sardoc 16-09-19 18:59

You can use TR3 exe to play TLA, but obviously the number of secrets won't match.

Also, after Sleeping with the Fishes level, the "Select your adventure" globe will show up. You need to choose South Pacific to carry on playing, otherwise the game will crash.

You can also use TR3TLA exe to play TR3, and it will work, but you won't be able to choose your adventure. The order will be India --> Pacific --> London --> Nevada --> Antarctica.

So yeah, they're largely compatible, but there still are some differences.

ggctuk 18-09-19 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering (Post 8131018)
^

You just contradicted what you quoted...

I think what was meant was that the sounds themselves are the same, though they have been reordered in MAIN.SFX.