www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

klona 07-05-12 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by motoleo (Post 6155522)
Tomb Raider 5? But that looks like a Tomb Raider 2 model. Or a 3, but I think 2.

How did TR5 sound? I forgot. I need to know how the joke is supposed to go so I can laugh.

Who cares, I play TR5 Lara's No in my mind. It's not supposed to be funny.
Get back on topic.

lcroft_lc 07-05-12 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by NRO. (Post 6155435)
Bitch please, every hour I go on Google and type in "Tomb Raider" in the "Past 24 hours section." :pi:

Oh and you should also start doing that in Twitter. Keep typing "Tomb Raider" in search box and some funny TR comments. :D

larafan25 07-05-12 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by NRO. (Post 6155435)
Bitch please, every hour I go on Google and type in "Tomb Raider" in the "Past 24 hours section." :pi:

:eek:

I truly thought I was the only one!

Alexander990 07-05-12 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6155596)
:eek:

I truly thought I was the only one!

i do that constantly.:o

SpyrosMonster 07-05-12 19:18

I actually had doubts about tomb raider being on E3 :p
not anymore i guess
http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/11133.html

Mikky 07-05-12 19:22

I just realized after watching the gameplay trailer just now, that, conveniently, there is a waterfall once you enter the room with the explosive barrels (that makes Lara's torch go out) and another waterfall just before one of those fire sources that lets you reignite your torch. So, the explosive barrels are in fact in between two waterfalls so it would be impossible to blow up the barrels by just standing next to them and igniting them, because whatever you do, your torch will go out by running through the waterfalls. So, um, what this means is, Larafan25's dream (and kinda my dream too) of blowing up Lara into a million gory pieces is not possible, at least in that area. I kinda hate CD for making this strange level design decision. It sucks.

larafan25 07-05-12 19:25

Hmmm....I think I disagree.

I wanna cry .

SpyrosMonster 07-05-12 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6155623)
I just realized after watching the gameplay trailer just now, that, conveniently, there is a waterfall once you enter the room with the explosive barrels (that makes Lara's torch go out) and another waterfall just before one of those fire sources that lets you reignite your torch. So, the explosive barrels are in fact in between two waterfalls so it would be impossible to blow up the barrels by just standing next to them and igniting them, because whatever you do, your torch will go out by running through the waterfalls. So, um, what this means is, Larafan25's dream (and kinda my dream too) of blowing up Lara into a million gory pieces is not possible, at least in that area. I kinda hate CD for making this strange level design decision. It sucks.

yes ive noticed that a long time ago! they did it because if there wasn't any waterfalls you could just light the boxes and just wait for the barells to explode!

larafan25 07-05-12 19:29

Poop.

It's like me...making puzzles.

Lukass 07-05-12 19:30

I disagree too. I dunno where but it was mentioned that if you ignite the barrels with the torch, you'll see one disgusting death.

Weemanply109 07-05-12 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6155229)
I didn't play it. Could you explain why it was annoying?

Sorry for late reply, I had other things to do. http://i.imgur.com/1D6lY.gif

Well, basically. The main character you play, has a daughter, and she's infected or something. So you need to constantly acquire a dose of 'Zombrex' every 24 hours. However, it's annoying as they're sparse. You could be doing missions and whilst you're doing them, you have to attend to the child's health (which is basically a bar that drains every 24 hours), you need to replenish this with the Zombrex dose every 24 hours, if not then she dies.

It's so ****ing annoying. Don't even get me started on the ****ing save system the game has. I uninstalled it because it ran like **** anyway.

Lukass 07-05-12 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weemanply109 (Post 6155648)
Sorry for late reply, I had other things to do. http://i.imgur.com/1D6lY.gif

Well, basically. The main character you play, has a daughter, and she's infected or something. So you need to constantly acquire a dose of 'Zombrex' every 24 hours. However, it's annoying as they're sparse. You could be doing missions and whilst you're doing them, you have to attend to the child's health (which is basically a bar that drains every 24 hours), you need to replenish this with the Zombrex dose every 24 hours, if not then she dies.

It's so ****ing annoying. Don't even get me started on the ****ing save system the game has. I uninstalled it because it ran like **** anyway.

Ah, ok. I'd let her die.

larafan25 07-05-12 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6155647)
I disagree too. I dunno where but it was mentioned that if you ignite the barrels with the torch, you'll see one disgusting death.

Yeah, it seems it was an assumption that you could do so, but there's no way it would be possible with the setup of the puzzle. :(

Mikky 07-05-12 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6155647)
I disagree too. I dunno where but it was mentioned that if you ignite the barrels with the torch, you'll see one disgusting death.

There's nothing to "disagree" with. It's not a matter of opinion, it's just how it is. But you're right, I remember reading that too. I think it was in th GI article. Weird that they would say that when it's not true. I don't get it, tbh.

The thing I don't understand is that she gets out of the room with the torch ignited because, well... one of the waterfalls disappears? I mean, it's just not there once the barrels explode. It's really weird. 0_o

Weemanply109 07-05-12 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6155652)
Ah, ok. I'd let her die.

It happened to me. :vlol: It was too hard to keep up with tasks and missions and attend to her aswell. Thankfully the game still continued after her death. :p

Lukass 07-05-12 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6155653)
Yeah, it seems it was an assumption that you could do so, but there's no way it would be possible with the setup of the puzzle. :(

There is no way there was enough time for her to run away if she ignited them with the torch. And also - it's one of those survival based puzzles. Survival....Survival!

SpyrosMonster 07-05-12 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6155656)
There's nothing to "disagree" with. It's not a matter of opinion, it's just how it is. But you're right, I remember reading that too. I think it was in th GI article. Weird that they would say that when it's not true. I don't get it, tbh.

The thing I don't understand is that she gets out of the room with the torch ignited because, well... one of the waterfalls disappears? I mean, it's just not there once the barrels explode. It's really weird. 0_o

maybe after the explotion the hole was covered somehow... i dont know xD

Lukass 07-05-12 19:38

Wait....I see it now. Mikky was right. She has nothing to ignite the barrels with.

larafan25 07-05-12 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6155656)
There's nothing to "disagree" with. It's not a matter of opinion, it's just how it is. But you're right, I remember reading that too. I think it was in th GI article. Weird that they would say that when it's not true. I don't get it, tbh.

The thing I don't understand is that she gets out of the room with the torch ignited because, well... one of the waterfalls disappears? I mean, it's just not there once the barrels explode. It's really weird. 0_o

It's only stated as an assumption, that the quickest way out would seem to be lighting the barrels directly, but that would probably mean instant death. Though little did we know you can't get a flame past the waterfall.

edit: The waterfall is gone after the explosion.

Lukass 07-05-12 19:42

And what if she jumped somewhere near the barrels after she used the sliding cage instead of the far vorner like in the demo? But wait...the jump seem to be short cutscene, so you have no choice where to jump....hmmmm, weird.

larafan25 07-05-12 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6155682)
And what if she jumped somewhere near the barrels after she used the sliding cage instead of the far vorner like in the demo? But wait...the jump seem to be short cutscene, so you have no choice where to jump....hmmmm, weird.

The jump from the chute is behind the waterfall, so you're still not getting to the explosive barrels.

Mikky 07-05-12 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6155671)
It's only stated as an assumption, that the quickest way out would seem to be lighting the barrels directly, but that would probably mean instant death. Though little did we know you can't get a flame past the waterfall.

Yeah, I guess. It's not fair, though. :pi:

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6155671)
edit: The waterfall is gone after the explosion.

Yeah, but how?

larafan25 07-05-12 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6155692)
Yeah, I guess. It's not fair, though. :pi:



Yeah, but how?

I guess the explosions caved in the crevice where the water was coming from...

Our sitch yall...

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/u...tes/LALA-1.png

Lukass 07-05-12 19:51

I think I know why. The puzzle is not just about ignite the boxes and get them up to the sliding cage. I remember that there are waves and tide and ebb involved. You can see once the boxes are in the sliding cage, there's a hole in the rock and you can see water splashing in, so you have to wait for the right moment otherwise the ignited boxes will meet the waves and you can start the whole process again. Maybe the waterfalls are there because of the tide and when the water disappears they're not there.

larafan25 07-05-12 19:54

Hmmm...maybe.

My brain hurts.

klona 07-05-12 19:55

Look <<
I think the place got caved in.
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/6...2e32011ext.jpg

larafan25 07-05-12 19:57

I wonder if the fire burns her.

Lukass 07-05-12 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6155723)
I wonder if the fire burns her.

I'm going to step in the candles in the altar room.

larafan25 07-05-12 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6155724)
I'm going to step in the candles in the altar room.

I wouldn't expect those to burn her.

SpyrosMonster 07-05-12 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by klona (Post 6155719)
Look <<
I think the place got caved in.
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/6...2e32011ext.jpg

I was gonna post this right now.... I said it b4 but no one said anything :P oh well...

klona 07-05-12 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6155724)
I'm going to step in the candles in the altar room.

I expect invisible walls. :pi:

Lukass 07-05-12 20:02

@larafan25 I bet she will burn.

@Spyro I can barely see anything on that shot.

@klona **** no! They confirmed no invisible walls!

Alexander990 07-05-12 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6155724)
I'm going to step in the candles in the altar room.

yep that's what i was always thinking of. those candles are extremely well done. i wonder will they fall in case if interacted?

larafan25 07-05-12 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukass (Post 6155730)
@larafan25 I bet she will burn.

@Spyro I can barely see anything on that shot.

@klona **** no! They confirmed no invisible walls!

No invisible wall in the scenery, what we see is what we get, we can go where we see physical land.

That doesn't mean there won't be collision around certain items.

edit: But looking at that setup, from memory it seems more rigid to me but it's more flat and sparse than I thought, maybe we can walk on that pole of bones and between the candles.

NRO. 07-05-12 20:13

If there are invisible walls and she doesn't burn... CD staff, beware. I have mad ps skillz.

larafan25 07-05-12 20:15

I feel like if she jumped in here, her head would hit the ceiling...

http://driber.net/os/tr9/Scavenger_Den_4.jpg

Phlip 07-05-12 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6155755)
I feel like if she jumped in here, her head would hit the ceiling...

http://driber.net/os/tr9/Scavenger_Den_4.jpg

I bet I won't be able to climb up and go and stand next to that corpse.

larafan25 07-05-12 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phlip (Post 6155760)
I bet I won't be able to climb up and go and stand next to that corpse.

There's a path between the candles.

http://driber.net/os/tr9/Screenshots...20Den%2011.jpg

Phlip 07-05-12 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6155761)
There's a path between the candles.

Nah, I doubt she'll be able to go there. =/
Quote:

Originally Posted by klona (Post 6155719)
Look <<
I think the place got caved in.
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/6...2e32011ext.jpg

They're using the Underworld font. =/

tampi 07-05-12 20:19

I was browsing this afternoon and found this

http://i.imgur.com/pDlWI.jpg


All times are GMT. The time now is 19:18.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.