Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (Crystal Dynamics' version) (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

LNSNHGTDS 27-01-13 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6624437)
Or, and this may be a little bit out there, Alex will be Alex, Whitman will be Whitman and everyone else will be their own original characters. :D

Nah, way too cliche to work.

:p

In all seriousness though Roth is already the new Von Croy and Sam is already the new Anaya, as for the others I'll have to see more to form an opinion and assign a character from the previous series to them :p ...!

Jami393 27-01-13 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6624435)
If you're talking about Alister I bet that that's Whitman's role. Zip was the tech guy and Alister was the know-all-about-history/archaeology guy. So I guess that Alex will be Zip and Whitman will be Alister.

If we're gonna take this further, Roth will be Von Croy and Sam will be Anaya.

Would there be anyone from the reboot who would be Amanda?

LarasFan 27-01-13 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6624439)
Nah, way too cliche to work.

:p

In all seriousness though Roth is already the new Von Croy and Sam is already the new Amanda, as for the others I'll have to see more to form an opinion and assign a character from the previous series to them :p ...!

Fixed.

LNSNHGTDS 27-01-13 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami393 (Post 6624443)
Would there be anyone from the reboot who would be Amanda?

Not sure yet... but if Reyes turns goth I'll die :p !

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarasFan (Post 6624444)
Fixed.

Not even close actually...

Bomb Fighter 27-01-13 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6624437)
Or, and this may be a little bit out there, Alex will be Alex, Whitman will be Whitman and everyone else will be their own original characters. :D

This please. And everyone should have their own tragic and brutal deaths! Except Alex.

Jami393 27-01-13 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6624445)
Not sure yet... but if Reyes turns goth I'll die :p

Who is Reyes?

LarasFan 27-01-13 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomb Fighter (Post 6624446)
This please. And everyone should have their own tragic and brutal deaths! Except Alex.

Even though Alex is the only crew member I like of Endurance (except the goddess Sam) I vote for him getting brutaly murdered. Don't know why, he just gives me the vibe that he's gonna die... like real bad :p

Phlip 27-01-13 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikky (Post 6624437)
Or, and this may be a little bit out there, Alex will be Alex, Whitman will be Whitman and everyone else will be their own original characters. :D

Alex is the new Alistair, Whitman the new Winston, Roth the new Von Croy, Sam the new Amanda. So like no blad. Get me rude boi.

LNSNHGTDS 27-01-13 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomb Fighter (Post 6624446)
This please. And everyone should have their own tragic and brutal deaths! Except Alex.

Eew no! If anyone's gonna stay alive besides Lara that's Sam, she's Asian she MUSTN'T DIE. Reyes should live too.

As far as brutal murders go as long as I see Roth suffer I'm good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami393 (Post 6624447)
Who is Reyes?

A lady from the endurance. She is a very responsible mother seing that she left her children to go treasure hunting with captain Zombie :p ...! There was an artwork of her somewhere...

Jami393 27-01-13 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6624453)
A lady from the endurance. She is a very responsible mother seing that she left her children to go treasure hunting with captain Zombie :p ...! There was an artwork of her somewhere...

By captain Zombie, do you mean Roth?

LNSNHGTDS 27-01-13 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami393 (Post 6624457)
By captain Zombie, do you mean Roth?

Yes.

Jami393 27-01-13 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6624460)
Yes.

So what makes you call him a zombie?

LNSNHGTDS 27-01-13 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami393 (Post 6624465)
So what makes you call him a zombie?

Have you seen how he... is (appearance-wise) ?

tomee 27-01-13 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevillet (Post 6624431)
I know this isn't official... but is it me, or does this remind you of Alastair? Maybe Alex is the new Alastair?

Uh, I hope not. From what we saw he's most likely to be a simple gamer/nerd than a substitute for Alister. I guess he's smart and all but I don't want him to take the same role.

Jami393 27-01-13 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6624467)
Have you seen how he... is (appearance-wise) ?

I haven't seen much of him, but he doesn't look too bad. There are probably worse looking characters out there.

LNSNHGTDS 27-01-13 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami393 (Post 6624471)
I haven't seen much of him, but he doesn't look too bad. There are probably worse looking characters out there.

There's another old Endurance member who is propably over 100 but Roth's in-game model si ply CAN NOT surpass anything in ugliness.

Rai 27-01-13 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6624453)

A lady from the endurance. She is a very responsible mother seing that she left her children to go treasure hunting with captain Zombie :p ...! There was an artwork of her somewhere...

The original trip was meant to be an archeological one, so...maybe Reyes is on the Endurance...*gasp* for her job? Maybe she has a very strong support system back at home, her parents are looking after her daughter, or her daughter's father is etc. :p

And I don't think any of the characters are the 'new' [old character name here], they're brand new characters.

Bomb Fighter 27-01-13 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarasFan (Post 6624449)
Even though Alex is the only crew member I like of Endurance (except the goddess Sam) I vote for him getting brutaly murdered. Don't know why, he just gives me the vibe that he's gonna die... like real bad :p

You know what? I have the feeling too. He seems like the tech nerd without courage, but then he sacrifice himself to help the others escape and dies in a very painful and brutal death...please, don´t let this happen CD)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6624453)
Eew no! If anyone's gonna stay alive besides Lara that's Sam, she's Asian she MUSTN'T DIE. Reyes should live too.

As far as brutal murders go as long as I see Roth suffer I'm good.

I have nothing against Roth, but I hope Withman ends very bad.
I had this theoory in my head that: Roth and Lara save Sam and somehow menage to find a way from the island. But then in the last minute Whitman will turn into a bad guy and kill Roth because he wants his big discovery and success. He kidnap Sam again and try to end the ritual where she drasticly dies possesed by the legendary queen and Lara will have to fight her as the final boss.
There. Maybe a bit clishé but I like it.

LNSNHGTDS 27-01-13 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rai (Post 6624474)
The original trip was meant to be an archeological one, so...maybe Reyes is on the Endurance...*gasp* for her job? Maybe she has a very strong support system back at home, her parents are looking after her daughter, or her daughter's father is etc. :p

And I don't think any of the characters are the 'new' [old character name here], they're brand new characters.

I'm just trolling with Reyes, lol :p ... But for the record it was a treasure hunt, as much as American action movie as it can get. So maybe she was there to bring money for the family.

As far as Roth and Sam go, roth is an annoying old guy who is Lara's mentor, he helps her through as much as he can, Lara does (more or less the same) , leaving out the possession thing he's pretty much the new Von Croy. Sam is a close friend of Lara whom she has to save (possibly more than once) they share the same passion for archaeology and/or adventure and if you leave out the fact that she is closely connected with a deity she's pretty much the new Anaya so far.

I don't have anything against that, if that's what you all think, I'm simply pointing out the obvious, if anything.

tomee 27-01-13 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by BinRaider (Post 6623931)
:vlol:

What a fail that would be.

Maybe Geoff Stults from The Finder?

http://static.stuff.co.nz/1332467939/694/6621694.jpg

ItIsOkBro 27-01-13 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami393 (Post 6624465)
So what makes you call him a zombie?

Zombie Roth, aka Rombie

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8081/8...8a73847539.jpg

LNSNHGTDS 27-01-13 19:59

^ Oh, we had a TRF name? I had no idea! Rombie it is then :D .

Mikky 27-01-13 19:59

^ I believe it was killercowz who came up with that name. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomee (Post 6624494)
Maybe Geoff Stults from The Finder?

http://static.stuff.co.nz/1332467939/694/6621694.jpg

Nope. Nose is not long enough. Close, though.

BinRaider 27-01-13 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomee (Post 6624494)
Maybe Geoff Stults from The Finder?

http://static.stuff.co.nz/1332467939/694/6621694.jpg

Nope :(

GUMI 27-01-13 20:37

lol to this sorcery about lady gaga :vlol:

Jami393 27-01-13 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItIsOkBro (Post 6624495)

Come on, Rombie, I mean Roth, doesn't look that bad, he's just a bit old.

LNSNHGTDS 27-01-13 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami393 (Post 6624599)
Come on, Rombie, I mean Roth, doesn't look that bad, he's just a bit old.

(in Roth's case) age is not my problem, my problem is that he looks like the lovechild of Bacon Lara and Natla :S !!!

Jami393 27-01-13 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6624600)
(in Roth's case) age is not my problem, my problem is that he looks like the lovechild of Bacon Lara and Natla :S !!!

I don't know why, but I've always hated that name.

LNSNHGTDS 27-01-13 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami393 (Post 6624607)
I don't know why, but I've always hated that name.

Me too but I wanted to distinguish it from the other Doppelhoe (Lara's shadow) somehow.

Jami393 27-01-13 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6624610)
Me too but I wanted to distinguish it from the other Doppelhoe (Lara's shadow) somehow.

Tbh if you said Doppleganger, I think I would have known what you meant still.

LNSNHGTDS 27-01-13 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami393 (Post 6624617)
Tbh if you said Doppleganger, I think I would have known what you meant still.

In any case, since there are two I refer to them as Bacon Lara and Doppelhoe respectively.

Tear 27-01-13 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomee (Post 6624494)
Maybe Geoff Stults from The Finder?

http://static.stuff.co.nz/1332467939/694/6621694.jpg

Yum.:mis:

Jami393 27-01-13 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6624619)
In any case, since there are two I refer to them as Bacon Lara and Doppelhoe respectively.

And to save the confusion. It's also I hate it when people call the Atlanteans, mutants.

LNSNHGTDS 27-01-13 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami393 (Post 6624628)
And to save the confusion. It's also I hate it when people call the Atlanteans, mutants.

YES! I mean there's not even evidence as to them being mutated whatsoever!

TippingWater 27-01-13 21:27


Jami393 27-01-13 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6624634)
YES! I mean there's not even evidence as to them being mutated whatsoever!

I know. I wonder who started the whole mutant nonsense in the first place.

LNSNHGTDS 27-01-13 21:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jami393 (Post 6624645)
I know. I wonder who started the whole mutant nonsense in the first place.

Hollywood, of that I'm sure :rolleyes: !

:p

Gamd1011 27-01-13 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by TippingWater (Post 6624637)
lawl youtube captions :p:







lolz

Jami393 27-01-13 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNSNHGTDS (Post 6624646)
Hollywood, of that I'm sure :rolleyes: !

:p

:vlol:

Anyway I wonder how long it'll take (after the game's released), for someone to do a speedrun of the reboot.

Spong 27-01-13 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by TippingWater (Post 6624637)
lawl youtube captions :p:

I have no idea what the original dialogue is supposed to say, but still, that last pic is funny :vlol:


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:23.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Tomb Raider Forums is not owned or operated by CDE Entertainment Ltd.
Lara Croft and Tomb Raider are trademarks of CDE Entertainment Ltd.