Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   General Video Games Chat (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=220045)

Zebra 05-05-18 14:19

General Video Games Chat

For some reason I always assumed that this thread existed and only just now realised that it did not, so here we go :p.

This thread is for general video game-related banter. Anything that you might want to ask, talk about or comment on but that doesn't have/warrant its own thread, you can post in here.

I'll quote part of Gabi's post from the Open Chat thread as those rules should also apply here:[QUOTE=Gabi;7382907][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#2f4f4f]Over the last few months it has been addressed more than once that some members "highjack" Open Chat for their personal, private conversations and banter, thus making others feel uncomfortable and preventing them from joining in because they feel that they are intruding or not welcome.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#2f4f4f]This is a public thread where everyone should be able to participate if they wish to do so; a platform for private dialogue between two members it is not.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#2f4f4f]Therefore, if it is just you and one other member who are replying to each other, then you should make use of the forum options of VM/PM and take your conversation there.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#2f4f4f]May I also remind you that the [URL="http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=181343"]forum rules[/URL], including point No.2, do apply to Open Chat and that we are a family friendly forum.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#2f4f4f]Anything you would not say to your children, younger siblings, parents, teacher or your boss should better not be posted here either. ;)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Zebra 05-05-18 14:23

So which games is everyone most looking forward to seeing/hearing more of at this year's E3 :)? I think for me, it'd have to be Cyberpunk 2077, Greedfall, The Last of Us Part II, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and... I think that's it? Unless iO announce the second season of Hitman at E3.

Especially looking forward to seeing more of Greedfall as I don't really have a good grasp on how that's gonna turn out. We have only gotten a CG trailer so far, after all.

NoahCrofRaider 05-05-18 14:36

Nice idea for a thread.

I'm looking forward to Shadow of the Tomb Raider and basically anything else that's catches my fancy. Other than Tomb Raider, I don't recall there being any game that's been announced that I'm very curious about.

I'd love if we got something I like at E3, a point-and-click adventure game or something. Mmm... Point and clicks. :p I love 'em.

Zebra 05-05-18 14:52

Yeah, adventure games tend to not really have much of a presence at E3 outside of those short little indie game showcases Sony and Microsoft sometimes do. The only exceptions I could think of would be Quantic Dream's games (but Detroit is coming out before E3) and probably Life is Strange 2 once they start showing that off (not sure if it'll be unveiled this E3, seeing as Dontnod's Vampyr will have just been released at that point). But, of course, neither of those are point-and-click (which is fine by me since I'm not a fan of the whole point-and-click mechanic but do like the general adventure gameplay).

Things would be different if Focus Home Interactive had an E3 conference but I don't think they do. They've got a good number of adventure games in the works (though I don't think any of them are point-and-click adventures, either). Oh, that reminds me! Also looking forward to that adventure game they're publishing where you play a woman during the times of the Great Plague. Can't remember what it's called :p.

NoahCrofRaider 05-05-18 15:04

Oh yeah, I forgot about that game! I might check out A Plague's Tale (I think that's what it's called) too. :p

HD Simplicityy 05-05-18 19:19

Halo 6 if announced, TLOU Part II, SOTTR, Metro: Exodus, The Walking Dead: The Final Season, but I don't think Telltale will show anything. Interested in Cyberpunk 2077 and whatever Elder Scrolls game finally comes...because we know one day it's coming. Interested in what exclusives Xbox has. We know how badly they need them.

biscuits 05-05-18 19:33

Not interested in a lot of games. I'm only really looking forward to SOTTR and Kingdom Hearts 3. I'm more excited for Kingdom Hearts 3 tho.

I'm looking forward to an Elder Scrolls 6 announcement (it's probably not happening)

Moosey 05-05-18 19:57

Cyberpunk 2077 :D

btw there actually was a general video games chat thread, but it hasn't been posted in in ages: [url]http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=181539[/url] :)

BluenoseGames 05-05-18 20:24

I wan't a new Splinter Cell so badly.
But knowing Ubisoft they will bloody make it open world...

lance6439 06-05-18 05:41

Wouldn't even call myself a gamer. I only play Tomb Raider and Uncharted at this point. Don't have the time or patience to play all these games I missed out on for PS2/PS3/PS4; unless I was getting paid for it.