www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Rise of the Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Music and Sounds Effects Extraction (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=223730)

MartimMonteiro 22-11-19 14:25

Music and Sounds Effects Extraction

Hi everyone! I noticed that the soundtrack used on the funeral in the Geothermal Valley, near the campsite where you reunite with Jonah, isn't available on the internet and I would like to know if there is a way to extract the music and sound effects from the game files. I've been searching and I know that it is possible to extract the sounds from the TRLAU trilogy and TR2013, but I didn't find a way to extract ROTTR's audio files. Does anyone know how it can be done? I would like to extract this unreleased music and some sound effects.

Brendanlovesu1 23-11-19 12:03

How do you extract the sounds from LAU and TR2013? I have wanted to know for so long

MartimMonteiro 23-11-19 13:00

From what I found, here on TRForums, if you want TRU's music and sfx you can use UnpackTRU. Check this post! (I tried and it also works with LCGOL)

If you're looking foward to extract TR2013' sfx download these files and check this post!

Talos Munera 23-11-19 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartimMonteiro (Post 8154157)
Hi everyone! I noticed that the soundtrack used on the funeral in the Geothermal Valley, near the campsite where you reunite with Jonah, isn't available on the internet and I would like to know if there is a way to extract the music and sound effects from the game files. I've been searching and I know that it is possible to extract the sounds from the TRLAU trilogy and TR2013, but I didn't find a way to extract ROTTR's audio files. Does anyone know how it can be done? I would like to extract this unreleased music and some sound effects.

Hello. I have extracted many ROTTR audio files using ROTTR DRM Dumper, ROTTR TIGGER unpacker and Noesis, and I have this music. It's called VH Valley Hub Funeral Flute

MartimMonteiro 23-11-19 16:14

I used ROTTR DRM Dumper and ROTTR TIGGER unpacker to extract the game files but all I have are .mul files... Do I need to use Noesis to convert them to mp3 or wav files? How do I do it? Thank you so much for your help!

Edit: I found a way to convert the .mul files to wav using the fsbii and FsbExtractor but the sounds are slowed down... I must be doing something wrong..

Talos Munera 23-11-19 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartimMonteiro (Post 8154408)
I used ROTTR DRM Dumper and ROTTR TIGGER unpacker to extract the game files but all I have are .mul files... Do I need to use Noesis to convert them to mp3 or wav files? How do I do it? Thank you so much for your help!

Edit: I found a way to convert the .mul files to wav using the fsbii and FsbExtractor but the sounds are slowed down... I must be doing something wrong..

Um, I converted them many years ago. I have FSB Extractor, also FSB Mpeg, his library and mul2wav.
Try using Noesis and its plugins. Now I don't remember exactly all the steps, but the programs are these

Heartache 26-12-19 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talos Munera (Post 8154371)
Hello. I have extracted many ROTTR audio files using ROTTR DRM Dumper, ROTTR TIGGER unpacker and Noesis, and I have this music. It's called VH Valley Hub Funeral Flute

would you care to share it please :)? i know it was uploaded a few years ago on youtube. but that video seems to be deleted and i guess i never downloaded it back then. i would like to listen to it again

PluitNoir 27-12-19 11:24

I was looking for that flute song for ages. There are so many good tracks with that motif, but none of them are a part of the official rottr ost. It's like if it's an ambiental track and not constantly IN YO FACE EPIC track, it gets left out. So annoying ugh.

Talos Munera 27-12-19 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartache (Post 8161432)
would you care to share it please :)? i know it was uploaded a few years ago on youtube. but that video seems to be deleted and i guess i never downloaded it back then. i would like to listen to it again

I'm going to copy you for the exact process to extract him from the game. I had written were not exact (because years have passed)

You need these programs:

-ROTTR TIGER UNPACKER
-ROTTR DRM DUMPER
-TOMB RAIDER MUL
-FSBEXT

First you have to open the Bigfiles with ROTTR TIGER unpacker
then use ROTTR DRM dumper
the second should extract the MUL files (in the bigfile audio folder)
put the two mini programs (Tomb Raider MUL and Fsbext) in a folder and start TRMUL. This creates the .fsb file
use the other program and it converts you to mp3

Final result

Heartache 27-12-19 15:06

thanks for sharing and thanks for the link. if i have time ill definitely try it myself :hug::hug::hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by PluitNoir (Post 8161561)
I was looking for that flute song for ages. There are so many good tracks with that motif, but none of them are a part of the official rottr ost. It's like if it's an ambiental track and not constantly IN YO FACE EPIC track, it gets left out. So annoying ugh.

i dont like uncomplete soundtracks anyway. a lot of japanese games get full soundtracks with 5 or 6 cd's and with tomb raider the ost was always left in the dust. and now we only get a best of and thats it. one day when i have the time i want to extract all reboot soundtracks for a mostly complete library

Talos Munera 27-12-19 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartache (Post 8161600)
thanks for sharing and thanks for the link. if i have time ill definitely try it myself :hug::hug::hug:

:) you're welcome