www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   The Angel of Darkness (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Concept Art (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=112473)

rewak 31-07-13 18:51

Actually i think that might be the castle in Germany? The helicopter in the corner and structure of the building puts it out of the France sewers in my mind anyway.

aussie500 31-07-13 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by rewak (Post 6867009)
Actually i think that might be the castle in Germany? The helicopter in the corner and structure of the building puts it out of the France sewers in my mind anyway.

It is just concept art done for Legend. kimonap better go spam some other thread next time. :mad:

aussie500 04-08-13 04:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussie500 (Post 2264501)

Concept art is now uploaded to some Albums
AOD Concept Art 01 Collection of concept art done for the Paris levels of AOD. James Kenny did most of the art.

AOD Concept Art 02 Collection of concept art done for the Prague levels, James Kenny again did the art.

AOD Concept Art 03 Characters, dropped locations, items and other concepts, again James Kenny did the concept art.

AOD Concept Art 04 Some pre story ideas for Lara as well as the earlier version of TR6. Art is done by James Kenny.

I uploaded all the concept art to some Albums so we can see the concept art a bit better without going through the entire thread. Unfortunately it would not all fit in one album, so it was divided up. I will do a fifth album later with the models, development shots and 3D art.

Greenkey2 04-08-13 09:28

Smashing :tmb: Thanks for all your hard work, Aussie :)

Aurimas 05-08-13 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussie500 (Post 6870492)
I uploaded all the concept art to some Albums so we can see the concept art a bit better without going through the entire thread. Unfortunately it would not all fit in one album, so it was divided up. I will do a fifth album later with the models, development shots and 3D art.

Great! When it is sorted by levels you can just read it like a story and it is easy to notice if something is missing.

It would be worth to ask James Kenny which concept art from the 4th album is made for Germany and Turkey if there are any.

aussie500 05-08-13 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurimas (Post 6871752)
Great! When it is sorted by levels you can just read it like a story and it is easy to notice if something is missing.

It would be worth to ask James Kenny which concept art from the 4th album is made for Germany and Turkey if there are any.

I was thinking about doing that, but after the lack of response of my inquiries else where am a bit low on enthusiasm.

The concept with the nephilim paintings would have been Turkey I would think, along with the the god like nephilim, although they could have changed if they had ever been used in the game. These are just early concepts. Possibly they were just going to appear as paintings on the walls. No idea about the aged nephilim, could have just been ideas exploring what the nephilim might look like, and I think I stuck a few in with the creatures. But certainly none of them look like Karel, not unless he was wearing Eckhardt's clothes in an earlier incarnation. I deliberately put the one of Eckhardt, with the blue face and markings, next to the nephilim one with the exact same colour and markings on the face.

James Kenny has probably forgotten his password by now, and you have to be signed in to see the albums. Would not want to get him banned just for trying to help us out with some comments, but will see.

Aurimas 10-08-13 00:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussie500 (Post 6871781)
I was thinking about doing that, but after the lack of response of my inquiries else where am a bit low on enthusiasm.

The concept with the nephilim paintings would have been Turkey I would think, along with the the god like nephilim, although they could have changed if they had ever been used in the game. These are just early concepts. Possibly they were just going to appear as paintings on the walls. No idea about the aged nephilim, could have just been ideas exploring what the nephilim might look like, and I think I stuck a few in with the creatures. But certainly none of them look like Karel, not unless he was wearing Eckhardt's clothes in an earlier incarnation. I deliberately put the one of Eckhardt, with the blue face and markings, next to the nephilim one with the exact same colour and markings on the face.

James Kenny has probably forgotten his password by now, and you have to be signed in to see the albums. Would not want to get him banned just for trying to help us out with some comments, but will see.

Is there any other way to contact him rather than these forums? I could try to ask that myself.

aussie500 10-08-13 01:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurimas (Post 6876579)
Is there any other way to contact him rather than these forums? I could try to ask that myself.

If you check out James Kenny's 2012 VFX showreel that he did for his work at Windmill Lane, you can see his current email address at the end, along with the address for his art blog. Like all email address's it is all lower case though, not capitals.

Aurimas 14-08-13 09:57

I asked about the first concept art with door from the 4th album and this is the answer I got.

Dear Aurimas,

well, it would have created that image a long time, but if I remember, that was meant to be in Prague.... there was a lot of the story that didn't in the end make it into the game so this was probably from one of those scenarios.

Regards,

James

aussie500 14-08-13 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurimas (Post 6879428)
I asked about the first concept art with door from the 4th album and this is the answer I got.

Dear Aurimas,

well, it would have created that image a long time, but if I remember, that was meant to be in Prague.... there was a lot of the story that didn't in the end make it into the game so this was probably from one of those scenarios.

Regards,

James

Thanks for asking Aurimas, so that would be the colour one with the name gaudi?