Tomb Raider Forums

Tomb Raider Forums (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

Spong 02-02-12 00:27

[QUOTE=Lukass;5950261]He's possessed by the Tomb Raider spirit breaking multiplayer idea. He seriously needs a multiplayer exorcism seance.[/QUOTE]

That, I agree with. We need to banish those evil demons :eek:

Lukass 02-02-12 00:27

I have nothing against him. I like him most of the time :p I love studying the screenshots and videos with him. But since he started with the multiplayer idea....:o

Rai 02-02-12 00:28

[QUOTE=Mikky;5950257]Leave Julian alone, guys. :smk: Everyone's entitled to their opinions. :pi:[/QUOTE]

Of course! We're only having a bit of fun. Well I was :pi:. Let's face it Larafan's ideas have been a bit...kooky of late :p

larafan25 02-02-12 00:30

[QUOTE=Rai;5950242]Have people forgotten that the new outfit was inspired by the classic, only with a modern twist? The effects of light/water etc gives the top an appearance of blue at times even though it's grey and the trousers are meant as a modern take to the shorts especially with the bandages being placed where the short length would be. I think that's enough of a homage.

Edit: Others' said the same in much shorter sentences than me. Why do I have to spin out loong sentences for :vlol:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Lukass;5950243]There are people, like larafan25 who will disagree with you.[/QUOTE]

No, I wouldn't disagree with what has been stated by the developers and is essentially a fact.

However that's not (in my opinion) a reason to avoid a classic DLC outfit, as the two outfits are obviously different.

[QUOTE=Lukass;5950268]I have nothing against him. I like him most of the time :p I love studying the screenshots and videos with him. But since he started with the multiplayer idea....:o[/QUOTE]

Wait....are you saying you don't like me because of the fact that I want multiplayer?

Because that's a terrible reason.

Spong 02-02-12 00:32

[QUOTE=larafan25;5950273]No, I wouldn't disagree with what has been stated by the developers and is essentially a fact.[/QUOTE]

What have they stated with regards to costumes? At first I heard them say there were no plans for dress up Lara (which was fantastic news), but then I recall Karl saying they hadn't ruled them out. Is that still the case?

Lukass 02-02-12 00:33

What's the point of having classic outfit in reboot again please?

Mikky 02-02-12 00:33

^ Simple - there is no point.

[QUOTE=Rai;5950270]Of course! We're only having a bit of fun. Well I was :pi:. Let's face it Larafan's ideas have been a bit...kooky of late :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but that's understandable. The stress of not having any new TR stuff is obviously getting to him. :p Well, it's getting to everyone by the looks of it. xD

So, yeah, this is the TR general thread, not the lf25 thread, so gonna be quiet now... :pi:

Linoshi Croft 02-02-12 00:33

It's still a[B] reboot[/B].So, I see a classic outfit as DLC completely walking all over that idea.

Spong 02-02-12 00:33

[QUOTE=Lukass;5950283]What's the point of having outfits in reboot again please?[/QUOTE]

Fixed :tmb:

larafan25 02-02-12 00:38

[QUOTE=Spong;5950280]What have they stated with regards to costumes? At first I heard them say there were no plans for dress up Lara (which was fantastic news), but then I recall Karl saying they hadn't ruled them out. Is that still the case?[/QUOTE]

No, see. Developers say something (that previous "no" wasn't an answer, I just don't know), such as the idea that "it's no longer about Lara being pretty and tons of costumes" because they mean it, does that mean we can't have unlockable costumes? No. Does that means people who do want them are of some lower class? No. But of course I think this forum sort of jumped onto the whole "extra outfits will ruin the image of TR blah blah" bandwagon, and so it snowballed.

[QUOTE=Lukass;5950283]What's the point of having classic outfit in reboot again please?[/QUOTE]

What's the point of TR1 ever being made, again please?

Too many people who won't want something are asking why as opposed to why not.

We've been down this road of "this is not this, so this does not please me like this does" - and by that I mean that you can't satisfy people who want the classic outfit by giving them another outfit which is not the classic outfit.

So the idea is....

A. It's somewhat fascinating to see the new Lara in a more realistic version of the classic outfit (still shorts, still tank top, still boots, but with classic colour and saturation).

B. Some people just like to mix it up a bit.

C. Some people really want the classic outfit and would dish money for it as a DLC, and others would complain but that's a different story.