www.tombraiderforums.com

www.tombraiderforums.com (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/index.php)
-   Tomb Raider (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   TOMB RAIDER General Discussion Thread (https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=187894)

thevman 29-08-13 15:12

Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, yup, it's CD's TR.

Shark_Blade 29-08-13 15:14

I agree with thevman, Lara's face has no fierceness or agression. She's all pussy like, doubtful and afraid, it's so boring. Yawn. :rolleyes:

Maybe there is :mad: an angry, bitchy Lara face (which I doubt), could someone post a pic it?

_Ninja_ 29-08-13 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 6892474)
I agree with thevman, Lara's face has no fierceness or agression. She's all pussy like, doubtful and afraid, it's so boring. Yawn. :rolleyes:

No. Perpetual bitch-"strong"-chick was boring.

New Lara shows variety of things, none of them "pussy" though.

Shark_Blade 29-08-13 15:26

Still not seeing any badass Lara pic.

/Irrelevant TReboot Lara.

larafan25 29-08-13 15:27

There isn't much aggression in her facial animations. Though you can't deny "Run you bastards, I'm coming for you all!"

_Ninja_ 29-08-13 15:32

"You killed my brother."

"That's right. And now I'll kill you too."


Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 6892483)
Still not seeing any badass Lara pic.

/Irrelevant TReboot Lara.

Judging by your usual commentary nothing short of a snarling dog would satisfy you so what would be the point.

Zebra 29-08-13 15:34

She doesn't really seem to have any ingame facial animations AFAIK. Her lips are moving when she says things ingame but that's it. So she looks neither scared, nor angry, nor anything else (the only exceptions would be those cinematic sequences like when she's wading through the flooded cave during the opening of the game). She just has a blank face.

Shark_Blade 29-08-13 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by larafan25 (Post 6892484)
There isn't much aggression in her facial animations. Though you can't deny "Run you bastards, I'm coming for you all!"

That is so appalingly weak and unthreatening, even Yahtzee said:

"When she's supposed to be yelling defiantly at her foes, the voice actress sounded more like the head girl giving a half time pep talk at the county netball finals"

http://i.imgur.com/0qerQ51.png

Yup, ****ing weak and pathetic. :rolleyes:

lcroft_lc 29-08-13 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 6892492)

:vlol:

_Ninja_ 29-08-13 15:40

"even Yahtzee"

Yahtzee is an authority on something?

larafan25 29-08-13 15:42

The line will always be spot on for me. It's just not weak. It's tired, it's angry, it's just everything. It's a line that is explosive and climactic yet it happens just when the rain begins, so there seems like an element of release or relief to it, the mood of the moment and Camilla's line all fit so perfectly:



I'm just very happy with it.

pirate1802 29-08-13 15:43

Yes, on how not to review games.

_Ninja_ 29-08-13 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by pirate1802 (Post 6892502)
Yes, on how not to review games.

I'm always surprised that some people actually wait for Yahtzee's "reviews" before they decide.

pirate1802 29-08-13 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Ninja_ (Post 6892504)
I'm always surprised that some people actually wait for Yahtzee's "reviews" before they decide.

I actually saw Yahtzee's reviews only a few days ago. Heard about him a lot, and I thought he was some kind of god-reviewer by the way people talked about him. Then i saw it and now I just couldn't take him seriously.

By the way, Lara does have ingame facial animations outside of cutscenes. Infact its one of the few games that I've seen that have ambient facial animations. She wears a scared and nervous look yes, which may not be badass enough for some people. But to say that she always wears a blank face is kinda too much.

dream raider 29-08-13 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 6892492)
That is so appalingly weak and unthreatening, even Yahtzee said

Yup, ****ing weak and pathetic. :rolleyes:

Tbh I think Camilla just doesn't have a very threatening demeanor. I think she did what she could, but I think if you had replaced her with someone like Angelina Jolie (I'm not implying that should happen :p), you'd notice a big difference in tone and aggression because Jolie has 'that.' Another example is after Alex's death, when Reyes tells Lara that everyone close to her dies, she responds 'Better keep your distance then.' I just didn't feel it at all, and if you notice her body language as well, it lacks the confidence and power I'd like to see from Lara... Anw, this is supposed to be the 'beginning' of Lara, so we'll see how they expand on her character. It could be good after all.. :)

pirate1802 29-08-13 16:19

I loved the "better keep your distance then" part..

GUMI 29-08-13 16:22

So Lara cryin' over her zombie mom is much more badass than TReboot Lara?
Get real folks.

Oh and remember; one of TReboots media lines was; "FORGET EVERYTHING YOU KNEW ABOUT LARA CROFT"
You must all remember that this isn't "Lara" as before, You can nearly say that Lara is Lara's twin (If that makes sense :confused:)
This isn't Lara, But this is Lara.

And something unrelated; Why the suddenly hate against the new Lara and the game?
Did something happen?

Tommy123 29-08-13 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUMI (Post 6892530)
So Lara cryin' over her zombie mom is much more badass than TReboot Lara?
Get real folks.

Oh and remember; one of TReboots media lines was; "FORGET EVERYTHING YOU KNEW ABOUT LARA CROFT"
You must all remember that this isn't "Lara" as before, You can nearly say that Lara is Lara's twin (If that makes sense :confused:)
This isn't Lara, But this is Lara.

And something unrelated; Why the suddenly hate against the new Lara and the game?
Did something happen?

The nostalgia wore off i guess.

Valentino 29-08-13 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUMI (Post 6892530)
So Lara cryin' over her zombie mom is much more badass than TReboot Lara?
Get real folks.

Lara didn't cry when she found out her mom was a thrall. Even when she had time to reflect on what had just happened she didn't cry. She was distraught and fuming. Why does Lara showing emotion because her mom was bloody dead make her not badass anyway? Look it up. People keep throwing around the word 'badass' like a character has to never trip up or never cry or never show compassion. Get real.

Linoshi Croft 29-08-13 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUMI (Post 6892530)
So Lara cryin' over her zombie mom is much more badass than TReboot Lara?
Get real folks.

Oh and remember; one of TReboots media lines was; "FORGET EVERYTHING YOU KNEW ABOUT LARA CROFT"
You must all remember that this isn't "Lara" as before, You can nearly say that Lara is Lara's twin (If that makes sense :confused:)
This isn't Lara, But this is Lara.

And something unrelated; Why the suddenly hate against the new Lara and the game?
Did something happen?


You do realise this happens every time a new game comes out. The masses lap it up, love it. Then slowly begin picking it apart till they hate it. Then the next game will release and TR9 will suddenly be awesome. :p

pirate1802 29-08-13 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valentino (Post 6892634)
Lara didn't cry when she found out her mom was a thrall. Even when she had time to reflect on what had just happened she didn't cry. She was distraught and fuming. Why does Lara showing emotion because her mom was bloody dead make her not badass anyway? Look it up. People keep throwing around the word 'badass' like a character has to never trip up or never cry or never show compassion. Get real.

Seems like that way in these places.

Never showing any emotions and always being a cold hearted bitch = badass and original, while crying and acting like a human = wimpy and cliched.

As for me, I go by the saying that courage isn't the absence of fear, but the ability to achieve your goal despite being scared ****less. The new Lara is a legit badass in my books.

LENGuin 29-08-13 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Ninja_ (Post 6892489)
"You killed my brother."

"That's right. And now I'll kill you too."




.

When does she say that?

larafan25 29-08-13 19:43

^I think that's a quote from the Mortal Kombat movie, AKA: worst line in film history... or something like that.

_Ninja_ 29-08-13 20:02

It's not exact, but sometimes that's the conversation she has with the big guy on the ship during their fight. I don't remember his exact line but he says something about Lara killing his brothers and she answers with, "That's right. And now I am going to kill you."

I don't remember Mortal Kombat but I though it works well here. I also like the, "Let me show you what this little rat can do."

larafan25 29-08-13 20:06

oooh. Well it reminded me of a line from some silly video. I totally forgot she said that on the Endurance.

Jonipoon 29-08-13 20:26

I just finished the game and I must say I was really impressed. It really had it moments and I fell in love with it after the first 10 minutes. Best reboot of any sort (film, videogame) since Casino Royale.

My only complaints are the following:
- Too few puzzles
- Tombs not long or big enough
- Some parts where I just wanted to explore, I had to fight off dozen of Solarii men.
- Fast Travel Camps kind of killed the feeling of being trapped on the island (should have been made available to the player upon completing the game instead)

Valentino 29-08-13 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonipoon (Post 6892848)
I just finished the game and I must say I was really impressed. It really had it moments and I fell in love with it after the first 10 minutes. Best reboot of any sort (film, videogame) since Casino Royale.

My only complaints are the following:
- Too few puzzles
- Tombs not long or big enough
- Some parts where I just wanted to explore, I had to fight off dozen of Solarii men.
- Fast Travel Camps kind of killed the feeling of being trapped on the island (should have been made available to the player upon completing the game instead)

Did you like the cutscenes? :/

Jonipoon 29-08-13 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valentino (Post 6892868)
Did you like the cutscenes? :/

Of course. Why wouldn't I?

Tonyrobinson 30-08-13 06:34

Just finished my PS3 play through of the game. It looked spectacular and ran somewhat smoother than my Xbox version.

Anyway I really enjoyed it moreso than my other two playthroughs. The first time I focused on finishing the game then going back for rewards, this time I explored and played and to my surprise most of my combat peeves were eradicated. I was never a fan of the combat but I upgraded most of my weapons and it was actually a lot easier to pull off in fact I dare say some of it was fun. There was still a bit too much focus on it with unvaried enemies but this time I was able to tackle it strategically weighing up shot counts and proximities. For example considering my grenades could take out three bunched enemies, two shots of the bow finished certain enemies, the pistol aims best, one blast of the shotgun kills unarmored enemies and with this method combat was less of a chore.

First time I noticed warthogs on the beach too. :p

Valentino 30-08-13 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonipoon (Post 6893037)
Of course. Why wouldn't I?

I mean, was you immersed in them. Did anything in them put you off?

_Ninja_ 30-08-13 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonipoon (Post 6893037)
Of course. Why wouldn't I?

Because you're obliged to sneer at them with cynicism. If not you're everything that's wrong with modern gaming.

pirate1802 30-08-13 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Ninja_ (Post 6893350)
Because you're obliged to sneer at them with cynicism. If not you're everything that's wrong with modern gaming.

Lol pretty much ;)

Shark_Blade 30-08-13 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by GUMI (Post 6892530)
So Lara cryin' over her zombie mom is much more badass than TReboot Lara?
Get real folks.

Who the hell says that? YOU better get real.

Come on now.

tiann 30-08-13 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson (Post 6893264)
Just finished my PS3 play through of the game. It looked spectacular and ran somewhat smoother than my Xbox version.

Anyway I really enjoyed it moreso than my other two playthroughs. The first time I focused on finishing the game then going back for rewards, this time I explored and played and to my surprise most of my combat peeves were eradicated. I was never a fan of the combat but I upgraded most of my weapons and it was actually a lot easier to pull off in fact I dare say some of it was fun. There was still a bit too much focus on it with unvaried enemies but this time I was able to tackle it strategically weighing up shot counts and proximities. For example considering my grenades could take out three bunched enemies, two shots of the bow finished certain enemies, the pistol aims best, one blast of the shotgun kills unarmored enemies and with this method combat was less of a chore.

First time I noticed warthogs on the beach too. :p

what? you only noticed them on your third playthrough? :confused::p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark_Blade (Post 6892492)
That is so appalingly weak and unthreatening, even Yahtzee said:

"When she's supposed to be yelling defiantly at her foes, the voice actress sounded more like the head girl giving a half time pep talk at the county netball finals"

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0qerQ51.png[/IG]

Yup, ****ing weak and pathetic. :rolleyes:

Yahtzee is as retarded as pewdiepie

tiann 30-08-13 12:26

ss

pirate1802 30-08-13 12:31

I didn't notice the named crab yet but somehow managed to kill it and get the achievement :confused:

lcroft_lc 30-08-13 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by pirate1802 (Post 6893391)
I didn't notice the named crab yet but somehow managed to kill it and get the achievement :confused:

DUDE! :eek:

Read this ASAP-
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=182523

pirate1802 30-08-13 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcroft_lc (Post 6893403)

I meant I didn't spot any special-looking crab lol. I just killed an average-looking crab and the achievement notification popped up :p

lcroft_lc 30-08-13 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by pirate1802 (Post 6893409)
I meant I didn't spot any special-looking crab lol. I just killed an average-looking crab and the achievement notification popped up :p

All Crab's are Fee Fee's just like all human are Homo Sapiens. :tea:

pirate1802 30-08-13 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcroft_lc (Post 6893426)
All Crab's are Fee Fee's just like all human are Homo Sapiens. :tea:

I'll keep an eye out for it when i visit the area next time! (and reward it with an arrow)


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:26.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.